A fine finish to an incredible regular season

slu72

LaSalle had me scared after the first half. But I keep forgetting how tough these Billikens are. Refuse to lose comes to mind (thanks J.Calipari for that one). KM was spectacular. Sure hope JJ won't wake up with a mysterious pain in his back after that tumble. JJ needs to polish his dunking skills. The man can elevate. DE, what can you say? He's above accolades. And RL showed up for one of his finer performances. Wished CE could have knocked down a 3 or two. Hopefully, he's saving it for the second season. And a tip of the Billy cap to JC. Great job. He's proved he was definitely the man for the job this season.. Low ego level, and decided to go with RM's teachings. And RM did teach 'em well. But now the real season starts for them. Would love to see them take the tourney, but, more importantly, just make a deep run in the dance. A deep run. Like Atlanta Deep. Thanks, Billikens, for an outstanding season!

LaSalle had me scared after the first half. But I keep forgetting how tough these Billikens are. Refuse to lose comes to mind (thanks J.Calipari for that one). KM was spectacular. Sure hope JJ won't wake up with a mysterious pain in his back after that tumble. JJ needs to polish his dunking skills. The man can elevate. DE, what can you say? He's above accolades. And RL showed up for one of his finer performances. Wished CE could have knocked down a 3 or two. Hopefully, he's saving it for the second season. And a tip of the Billy cap to JC. Great job. He's proved he was definitely the man for the job this season.. Low ego level, and decided to go with RM's teachings. And RM did teach 'em well. But now the real season starts for them. Would love to see them take the tourney, but, more importantly, just make a deep run in the dance. A deep run. Like Atlanta Deep. Thanks, Billikens, for an outstanding season!

That might have been RL's finest performance to date in a billiken uniform.

We completely outclassed them, if it was not for all those bizzare missed layups (8 or so?) in the first half, we would have had the blowout going early.

Again, this might be the best Billiken team in modern history... going back 40-50 yrs.

Great job, men, exemplary. Keep it up.

Today brought back memories of that night in 1971 when our Billikens clinched the Missouri Valley Co-Championship. That one seemed almost anti-climatic. The intense game had been Thursday night’s defeat of Louisville. Saturday night’s game against Bradley had more the sense of a coronation, a game we expected to win to confirm what we had gained on Thursday.

Today was a bit different. After the disappointment at Xavier a good LaSalle team presented a real challenge that the Bills handled with their usual competence. At half time I had a really good feeling that was justified by the second half.

I really admire this team for the way it rebounded from the loss of Coach Majerus and the disappointment against Rhode Island to come together to “Crews through” the A-10.

Our seniors made this team something special. Kwamain Mitchell earned our respect by the way he dealt with the suspension, came back and made a great college career for himself and for the team. Even this year’s injury was not enough to mar a march to the championship.

Cody Ellis’ hard play is an important key that opened the door to glory. As my daughter says, “No matter what happens, poor Cody ends up on the floor.” The shots and passes he has made from the floor have been incredible.

Cory Remekun has added so much needed help as a big man under the basket.

To the whole team, thanks for the ride, now get back to practice. No more losses this year!

“No matter what happens, poor Cody ends up on the floor.”

no sh!t. HATE. never thought about that, spot on. i'm beginning to say that for rob loe, too. imagine when those guys go back home and start playing pro ball in their home countries or wherever. they're going to be such a load, because not only can they hit deep shots like your typical foreign big man, they're going to be tough as nails.

"no matter what happens, poor cody ends up on the floor."

love this team.

no sh!t. HATE. never thought about that, spot on. i'm beginning to say that for rob loe, too. imagine when those guys go back home and start playing pro ball in their home countries or wherever. they're going to be such a load, because not only can they hit deep shots like your typical foreign big man, they're going to be tough as nails.

"no matter what happens, poor cody ends up on the floor."

love this team.

they take "down under" to a new low/level

Thanks for the ride Billikens. I've enjoyed this season so much from my North Carolina outpost. Have turned my son and friend into Bills fans as well. Had to miss today's game as my wife had heart surgery yesterday, but my son was calling into the hospital room with updates after each media timeout.

Well done Billikens and like the man said, "No more losses this year!"

Thanks for the ride Billikens. I've enjoyed this season so much from my North Carolina outpost. Have turned my son and friend into Bills fans as well. Had to miss today's game as my wife had heart surgery yesterday, but my son was calling into the hospital room with updates after each media timeout.

sorry to hear it. Good luck to her in recovery :)

You couldn't sneak out for a couple of hours? Seriously, I hope she has a speedy and full recovery.

You couldn't sneak out for a couple of hours? Seriously, I hope she has a speedy and full recovery.

Thanks for the kind thoughts and that goes for you BilliKitty, too.

Also, just want to say thanks for you guys having a great board. I have two favorite teams and the other's fanbase is at major odds with the coach and AD. The atmosphere around the program and the sports board is poison, so much so that I've stopped posting there. Very ugly situation. This board and season are a breath of fresh air.

Thanks for the kind thoughts and that goes for you BilliKitty, too.

Also, just want to say thanks for you guys having a great board. I have two favorite teams and the other's fanbase is at major odds with the coach and AD. The atmosphere around the program and the sports board is poison, so much so that I've stopped posting there. Very ugly situation. This board and season are a breath of fresh air.

Hope your wife's doing fine. Now stop this nonsense w/ another team. The Billiken is unique and deserves all your focus.

-take care