ESPN Article

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Outstanding.

"We told them three things," Crews said. "First we told them to pray, have your prayers for Rick and his family. Number two, honor his lessons and laugh at the memories. And three, we said to do like Coach did: Live your life forward. Live your life forward. That's all you can do, guys."

That was an awesome article and its been an amazing month and a half for this program. As good as its been, here's hoping these other items are on the to-do-list for the next month:

- A-10 regular season championship (no co-championships)

- Big East membership

- Deep run in the dance

That was an awesome article and its been an amazing month and a half for this program. As good as its been, here's hoping these other items are on the to-do-list for the next month:

- Big East membership

- Deep run in the dance

+1

Could be the best season in SLU basketball history. It's setting up nicely.

- Big East membership

- Deep run in the dance

Add to the list hiring a legendary coach and if they are not a legend when we hire him, a guy who will become a legend during his time at SLU.

And don't forget April, we cut down the nets in Atlanta and later in the month, we lock up the greatest recruiting class in the history of the program.

Easy stuff, right?!?!

It is a great article,

As we are getting more and more attention is anyone else worried that I am worried that our team is getting too built up and will get to their heads. We play a great team style of basketball and should be ok but these type of stories will get more frequent as we progress in the A-10 tourney.

It is a good problem to have and has made this season really fun and special.

Someone needs to bring a big head of General William T. Sherman to the next games.

Our sights are on Atlanta. Go Bills!

I would burn that big head myself.

The war of northern aggression goes on.

I would burn that big head myself.

The war of northern aggression goes on.

Atlanta is ours. And fairly won.

Text message from Jim Crews to Fr. Biondi, April 8, 2013

Great article. I always liked this story from Crews:

Majerus was the head coach for the U.S. under-22 team, and Crews was an assistant. The tournament was in Australia, and on the way, the team stopped in Los Angeles to practice.

Crews brought his family, and on the first day in L.A., he headed back after breakfast with his wife to get ready for practice.

He changed into his swimming trunks. Puzzled, his wife, Kim, looked at him and asked where he was going.

"I said, 'staff meeting,'" Crews remembered. "She said, 'But you've got your bathing suit on,' and I said, 'Yep. Rick said meet in the hot tub in 10 minutes. He's bringing the food.' My wife looked at me and goes, 'You love Rick, don't you?' I said, 'Yep,' and I walked out."

oh. and granted a lot of the reads and comments are probably by people who were already billiken fans, there's not a single remotely negative comment either. really enjoyed these two:

BrennanTrimble
I was able to play basketball against Jordair Jett in highschool, and it has been sweet to see the kid develop over the past few years under Majerus. He always seemed like a class act, and a really good guy. This story just confirms that notion even more. Great story, Dana, and from a Michigan State fan, Go Billikens!
mizslu314
that man is a moving tank of a PG

oh. and granted a lot of the reads and comments are probably by people who were already billiken fans, there's not a single remotely negative comment either. really enjoyed these two:

BrennanTrimble
I was able to play basketball against Jordair Jett in highschool, and it has been sweet to see the kid develop over the past few years under Majerus. He always seemed like a class act, and a really good guy. This story just confirms that notion even more. Great story, Dana, and from a Michigan State fan, Go Billikens!
mizslu314
that man is a moving tank of a PG

That last guy needs to get punched in the nuts with a handle like that.