Semi-OT: Baby race

As a follow-up to the LaSalle ticket thread, I'd like to note that I've been a happy Royal Banks customer for the past 6 or so years -- and actually moved my accounts there when I got p-o'ed at my prior big bank specifically because of Royal Banks' SLU support.

Anyway, I've been led to believe that the current promo pic Royal Banks is running for the Baby Race may include some of the fine participants in this board. And I'm guessing we'll have some class of '34 kids in this year's race.

https://www.royalbanksofmo.com/Libraries/Images/SRJJLNYKHVAEHBH_20130116231442.sflb.ashx

(You have to click on the link -- I can see it in preview mode, but our board won't allow that extension in a final post.)

My son did the baby race three years ago. We were in lane one. He took off like he had been shot out of a cannon. After going about five feet, he got distracted by the camera man that was about three feet away on his left. He went left for awhile toward the camera, then backwards. Then he sat for about thirty seconds. Then backwards some more. I think that by the time one of the kids won the race, my son had moved about negative two feet.

My son did the baby race three years ago. We were in lane one. He took off like he had been shot out of a cannon. After going about five feet, he got distracted by the camera man that was about three feet away on his left. He went left for awhile toward the camera, then backwards. Then he sat for about thirty seconds. Then backwards some more. I think that by the time one of the kids won the race, my son had moved about negative two feet.

Sounds like your son didn't have what it took mentally to win. Winning isn't all physical. I'd imagine many babies can get easily distracted with the crowd, sounds, and camera-men. Backhand does have special supplements for mental acuteness to help; adderall. Just crunch some up in his or her bottle beforehand and he or she will be focused on finishing 1st....like a thoroughbred with blinders.

Backhand doesn't just do muscles.

I happened to be at the baby race at a Milwaukee Bucks game this January. One baby decided to go backwards from the start line and made it past the FT line heading towards Bango the Bucks' mascot. Travelled farther and faster than all the other competitors, but, alas, in the wrong direction. I'm very sad I'll be missing this years SLU Baby Race. I'll be driving down to Florida on Saturday

Sounds like your son didn't have what it took mentally to win. Winning isn't all physical. I'd imagine many babies can get easily distracted with the crowd, sounds, and camera-men. Backhand does have special supplements for mental acuteness to help; adderall. Just crunch some up in his or her bottle beforehand and he or she will be focused on finishing 1st....like a thoroughbred with blinders.

Your on the right track. The kid that one the year my son raced outweighed him by about 12 pounds. His mom sat at the finish line with some container full of baby snacks. As soon as the kid got wiff of the prize at the finish line, the race was over.

Now that my son is four, I can tell you that you are correct: the mental side is just as important. He still gets easily distracted by TV or video games when I want him to do something. I think if I told him to run sixty feet in one direction today, he would still go the opposite way.

My daughter likes to pull out the tape of her domination two years ago. I still think she holds the record for fastest time in the contest! I'm hoping she didn't peak too soon athletically.

Your on the right track. The kid that one the year my son raced outweighed him by about 12 pounds. His mom sat at the finish line with some container full of baby snacks. As soon as the kid got wiff of the prize at the finish line, the race was over.

Now that my son is four, I can tell you that you are correct: the mental side is just as important. He still gets easily distracted by TV or video games when I want him to do something. I think if I told him to run sixty feet in one direction today, he would still go the opposite way.

My daughter may have "competed" against your son, and I say that in the loosest sense of the word. She basically cried the entire time and barely moved.

Ah, Baby and Won. Where has the time gone?

A boarder with a competing baby needs to strap some blinders and ear plugs on their baby.

If the baby has mommy waiting at the end of a tunnel vision view and cant hear distracting sounds you will be looking at a baby race land speed record.

My daughter was in the race in 2009. She was not mentally tough enough to get it done. my boy is entered this year. We have been training for weeks. Watching race film and getting his mind right. I would make him the favorite this year at probably 5-2 odds.