Sounds like Crews has the job

HenryB

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="NextYearBill" data-cid="348138" data-time="1362197746"><p>

Fuock everyone on this board who doesn't want Crews as HC. When did you all get saddled up on your high horse. This program F-ing sucked for a long time. and when the program didn't suck it was a flash in the pan. all this talk about 'does Marquette think this is the 80s'..... Do you guys think this is heaven???? I for one think this breath from purgatory is spectacular. wahhh wahhh national coach of the year im too good for it..... sit on your f-ing hands during the game some more.</p></blockquote>.

Thats what Im talking about.

Agree 100%

Its not like JC is 80 years old. He can lead the Bills to the promised land.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Majerus hand picked this guy...........

THIS PROGRAM WAS DEAD IN THE WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 06-07 YOU WOULD HAVE KILLED FOR A JIM CREWS. everyone needs to stop acting like they are so above him. imagine this job interview:

1. coach dies

2. star gets hurt

3. lose to mediocre teams to start season....

go to work. see what you can do

...... he gets the job bud

In 06-07 Crews would've been an Evansville retread and a failure from Army. He'd have been less exciting than Brad or LoRo.

Killed for him? Hardly.

If he's our coach next year I hope it's due to a failure to find someone better. Otherwise it's just settling.......

I

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="NextYearBill" data-cid="348138" data-time="1362197746"><p>

Fuock everyone on this board who doesn't want Crews as HC. When did you all get saddled up on your high horse. This program F-ing sucked for a long time. and when the program didn't suck it was a flash in the pan. all this talk about 'does Marquette think this is the 80s'..... Do you guys think this is heaven???? I for one think this breath from purgatory is spectacular. wahhh wahhh national coach of the year im too good for it..... sit on your f-ing hands during the game some more.</p></blockquote>.

Thats what Im talking about.

Agree 100%

Its not like JC is 80 years old. He can lead the Bills to the promised land.

I don't know that he can recruit them there.

Again that is the question.......

In 06-07 Crews would've been an Evansville retread and a failure from Army. He'd have been less exciting than Brad or LoRo.

Killed for him? Hardly.

If he's our coach next year I hope it's due to a failure to find someone better. Otherwise it's just settling.......

I

Killed for him? Hardly.

I

you pompous As$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this team sucked. JC is a pimp

you pompous As$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this team sucked. JC is a pimp

Really??? Sucked???

JC is doing well. Rick was better. Brad Sodeberg would have this team in the same spot in my opinion. He could not recruit to this level. Assuming Crews can may very well be a mistake we can ill afford.

Pompous ass??? Go f yourself pal. I've been through this before......

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Billiken Rich" data-cid="348149" data-time="1362198883"><p>

I don't know that he can recruit them there.<br />

<br />

Again that is the question.......</p></blockquote>.

I agree.

But we dont know if, insert assisstant here, can recruit either.

i.dont know.if JC replacement can reruit any better, thats why Im on board either way.

Its not.my choice so Ill give you my opinion on rhe hire in 4 years.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Billiken Rich" data-cid="348153" data-time="1362199188"><p>

Really??? Sucked???<br />

<br />

JC is doing well. Rick was better. Brad Sodeberg would have this team in the same spot in my opinion. He could not recruit to this level. Assuming Crews can may very well be a mistake we can ill afford.<br />

<br />

Pompous ass??? Go f yourself pal. I've been through this before...... </p></blockquote>

Soderberg could do this?

Thats to much and shows your agenda.

Crews has been great. If you dont want to keep him going forward I understand but u dont need to make up

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Billiken Rich" data-cid="348153" data-time="1362199188"><p>

Really??? Sucked???<br />

<br />

JC is doing well. Rick was better. Brad Sodeberg would have this team in the same spot in my opinion. He could not recruit to this level. Assuming Crews can may very well be a mistake we can ill afford.<br />

<br />

Pompous ass??? Go f yourself pal. I've been through this before...... </p></blockquote>

Soderberg could do this?

Thats to much and shows your agenda.

Crews has been great. If you dont want to keep him going forward I understand but u dont need to make up

I've got no agenda and I was not a fan of Brad, certainly not of his recruiting. That fact is though that he was a fine coach and a terrible recruiter. I was there. I saw it. I honestly beilive he was Crews' equal. If Crews can recruit fine. If not, we are screwed if he's our coach. Anyone who says otherwise has an agenda.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Billiken Rich" data-cid="348157" data-time="1362199587"><p>

I've got no agenda and I was not a fan of Brad, certainly not of his recruiting. That fact is though that he was a fine coach and a terrible recruiter. I was there. I saw it. I honestly beilive he was Crews' equal. If Crews can recruit fine. If not, we are screwed if he's our coach. Anyone who says otherwise has an agenda.</p></blockquote>

Fair.enough.

I respect your opinion and kind of agree.

I just have the same questions with any new hire.

Im just happy I dont have to make this choice.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Bobby Metzinger" data-cid="348082" data-time="1362178810"><p>

<br />

+100<br />

<br />

It's not like Jim Crews couldn't recruit at Evansville either. He got some talented players to roll up their sleeves and go to work.<br />

<br />

Here's what JC has to work with at SLU that he didn't have at UE:<br />

1. Money, a.k.a. Dick Chaifetz<br />

2. Facilities, a.k.a. The 'Fetz<br />

3. St. Louis > Evansville<br />

4. Academic prestige of the U<br />

5. National rankings/standings<br />

6. Media presence/market<br />

<br />

He's our Purple Ace in the hole.</p></blockquote>

+1

Add coach of the year, and he could be a great recruiter

I do thi.k crews would coach circles around BS

I wish LoRo had recruited a team this good for Brad.

I just think Crews is about as sexy as man boobs and I'd hope that a team bound for the big east with money burning a hole in our pockets could do better.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Bobby Metzinger" data-cid="348082" data-time="1362178810"><p>

<br />

+100<br />

<br />

It's not like Jim Crews couldn't recruit at Evansville either. He got some talented players to roll up their sleeves and go to work.<br />

<br />

Here's what JC has to work with at SLU that he didn't have at UE:<br />

1. Money, a.k.a. Dick Chaifetz<br />

2. Facilities, a.k.a. The 'Fetz<br />

3. St. Louis > Evansville<br />

4. Academic prestige of the U<br />

5. National rankings/standings<br />

6. Media presence/market<br />

<br />

He's our Purple Ace in the hole.</p></blockquote>

+1

Add coach of the year, and he could be a great recruiter

Crews coached Evansville over a decade ago his last two teams at evansville were 14-16 , 07-21. He never had a winning record at army and obviously never had to recruit there.

Hoping he'll become a great recruiter is fine but I think was must do better......

While at Evansville, Crews was still considered a top flight talent from Indiana, and was offered the head coach job at Michigan and Iowa and another Big 10 school, but did not take them reportedly because he did not want to go up against his old coach, Bobby Knight.

While at Evansville, Crews was still considered a top flight talent from Indiana, and was offered the head coach job at Michigan and Iowa and another Big 10 school, but did not take them reportedly because he did not want to go up against his old coach, Bobby Knight.

He didn't exactly leave on a high note and then did nothing at army, You have to go back a long, long way in the past to find a great team recruited by Crews......Last tourney in 98? Before that 92? Call me unimpressed.....

He didn't exactly leave on a high note and then did nothing at army, You have to go back a long, long way in the past to find a great team recruited by Crews......Last tourney in 98? Before that 92? Call me unimpressed.....

Seriously, who the fuok is ever going to do anything at Army?!?! Basically, at Army, he did better than any coach there since Coach K in the '70's. So when I hear someone say he sucked at Army, it just comes across as silly...

I wish LoRo had recruited a team this good for Brad.

I just think Crews is about as sexy as man boobs and I'd hope that a team bound for the big east with money burning a hole in our pockets could do better.

lololol let go of soderberg... he was a pile of garbage.

Was totally against Crews (along with most everyone else) to start the season. Could be talked into letting him coach next year, with all the seniors we'll have around... 2014-15 is when the real "rebuilding" begins... If you want, keep him and bring in some "expert recruiter" next year, if no one thinks he can handle it, sure. I have zero complaints about JC at this point. Going to be even harder to whine after he leads us to the S16 (at worse).

Then again...... if we get upset in the first round....... see, there's the point... let's just wait until the season is over.

And who are you impressed by?

Fuock everyone on this board who doesn't want Crews as HC. When did you all get saddled up on your high horse. This program F-ing sucked for a long time. and when the program didn't suck it was a flash in the pan. all this talk about 'does Marquette think this is the 80s'..... Do you guys think this is heaven???? I for one think this breath from purgatory is spectacular. wahhh wahhh national coach of the year im too good for it..... sit on your f-ing hands during the game some more.

post of the year so far. Awesome A+++

Recruiting will not just take care of itself with a little tourney suceess as Spoon and Romar proved here. Do you think Crews is a better recruiter than LoRo?

LoRo used SLU like a $50 hooker. Never had any intentions of staying here. Oh and by the way Washington sucks. If Lo Ro can recruit, then he sure as hell can't coach.

OK dude. Suppose. Just suppose someone gave you the keys to a Ferrari and told you to race a bunch of Pontiac Sunfires......

Your Ferrari was a volkswagon bug according to BCS schools. The difference is coaching and system. Not sure your point Rich but last time I checked, none of our players were 4 or 5 star recruits. Who on our team is going 8n the

OK dude. Suppose. Just suppose someone gave you the keys to a Ferrari and told you to race a bunch of Pontiac Sunfires......

Your Ferrari was a volkswagon bug according to BCS schools. The difference is coaching and system. Not sure your point Rich but last time I checked, none of our players were 4 or 5 star recruits. Who on our team is going in the NBA draft? Get over yourself and realize there is more to the team dynamic than being handed something.