C7 News and Rumors

SLUDrew

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="brianstl" data-cid="347795" data-time="1362108511"><p>

Supposedly the Dayton AD is claiming they have had no contact with anyone about an invitation to the new conference.</p></blockquote>

That is standard operating

There's a $2 million fee to be paid to the A 10 if less than 1 year's notice is provided, so reported. Maybe SLU and others dont want to pay the $$, even with the better TV money it may be less than a wash.

I think you've hit one of the two key issues. The other is the uncertainty of Notre Dame being able to go to the ACC next year. That needs to be figured out before they will know how many they can take. They don't want to add three or five and then have ND say that they have to stay one more year. If that happens, then they will have an 11 or 13 team conference. Adding only 2 for next year means that they will either have a 9 or 10 team conference for next year, which will make the scheduling easy. Then, the year after that, when ND is gone, they can safely add 1 or 3

Talked to Chris May tonight at the women's game and when I asked he just gave me a knowing smile. He's certainly played this one close to the vest.

I would prefer hearing that Chris May was in Atlanta presenting any final push needed to the C7 schools for SLU to be invited to the new conference next season alongside Xavier and Butler. Holding back in hopes of getting invited in 2014 seems risky. Will also seem like a tremendous missed opportunity if Creighton gets in next season over SLU.

Removing my bias towards the Bills, Creighton is a better fit than SLU and deserves the 10th spot. We can only hope they somehow can get 12 in next year.

I totally disagree that Creighton is more deserving. I can see the argument that you (a Billiken fan) and the Blue Jay fans have, but here is my take:

2011-2012 - Not the best team in the Missouri Valley - finished 2nd (Wichita State won the conference)

2010-2011 - Finished 4th in MVC with 10-8 conference record (Mo. St)

2009-2010 - Finished 4th in MVC with 10-8 conference record (No. Iowa)

2008-2009 - Actually won this year

2007-2008 - Finished 4th in MVC with 10-8 conference record (Drake)

2006-2007 - Finished 2nd in MV (So. Ill.)

2005-2006 - Finished 4th (Wich St.)

2004-2005 - Finished 3rd (So. Ill.)

I could go on and on, but look at the list of teams that have been better than Creighton in their own conference over the past 8 seasons. The list includes Drake and Northern Iowa. I like Creighton and I like and cheer for Missouri Valley teams, but I disagree with the premise that SLU is not currently a better team competing in a better conference.

I would prefer hearing that Chris May was in Atlanta presenting any final push needed to the C7 schools for SLU to be invited to the new conference next season alongside Xavier and Butler. Holding back in hopes of getting invited in 2014 seems risky. Will also seem like a tremendous missed opportunity if Creighton gets in next season over SLU.

I think that the conference in Atlanta is for the remaining Big East schools, Connecticut, Cincinnati, etc. I might be wrong though.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kfrankstl" data-cid="347803" data-time="1362109640"><p>

<br />

I would prefer hearing that Chris May was in Atlanta presenting any final push needed to the C7 schools for SLU to be invited to the new conference next season alongside Xavier and Butler. Holding back in hopes of getting invited in 2014 seems risky. Will also seem like a tremendous missed opportunity if Creighton gets in next season over SLU. </p></blockquote>

We won't get invited in 2014. We will get invited now but only to start in 2014. At this point we've either done enough to get invited or not, no amount of last minute begging will matter.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kshoe" data-cid="347810" data-time="1362110276"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kfrankstl" data-cid="347803" data-time="1362109640"><p><br />

<br /><br />

I would prefer hearing that Chris May was in Atlanta presenting any final push needed to the C7 schools for SLU to be invited to the new conference next season alongside Xavier and

Butler. Holding back in hopes of getting invited in 2014 seems risky. Will also seem like a tremendous missed opportunity if Creighton gets in next season over SLU. </p></blockquote><br />

<br />

We won't get invited in 2014. We will get invited

now but only to start in 2014. At this point we've either done enough to get invited or not, no amount of last minute begging will matter.</p></blockquote>

No issues with that. Dominate the A10 next year and get to play in a great conference the following year. This will allow slu to give the one year notice as others mentioned and soften the blow on exit fees. I think this is a win win if it turns out we don't join till 2014. They better announce it publicly on Tuesday though!

Oh great insight there KfrankSTL they teach that at the MofS&I? Welcome to the board.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kshoe" data-cid="347810" data-time="1362110276"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kfrankstl" data-cid="347803" data-time="1362109640"><p><br />

<br /><br />

I would prefer hearing that Chris May was in Atlanta presenting any final push needed to the C7 schools for SLU to be invited to the new conference next season alongside Xavier and Butler. Holding back in hopes of getting invited in 2014 seems risky. Will also seem like a tremendous missed opportunity if Creighton gets in next season over SLU. </p></blockquote><br />

<br />

We won't get invited in 2014. We will get invited now but only to start in 2014. At this point we've either done enough to get invited or not, no amount of last minute begging will matter.</p></blockquote>

Yep.

Supposedly the Dayton AD is claiming they have had no contact with anyone about an invitation to the new conference.
CM gave the same statement in TTs article

Xavier's AD said something very similar. If you looked, I wouldn't be stunned if Butler's AD said the same.

As was said, it's standard operating procedure.

<br /><br />

I would prefer hearing that Chris May was in Atlanta presenting any final push needed to the C7 schools for SLU to be invited to the new conference next season alongside Xavier and Butler. Holding back in hopes of getting invited in 2014 seems risky. Will also seem like a tremendous missed opportunity if Creighton gets in next season over SLU. </p></blockquote><br />

<br />

We won't get invited in 2014. We will get invited now but only to start in 2014. At this point we've either done enough to get invited or not, no amount of last minute begging will matter.</p></blockquote>

Yep.

05, you seriously need to use a computer instead of your phone. codescramble

I totally disagree that Creighton is more deserving. I can see the argument that you (a Billiken fan) and the Blue Jay fans have, but here is my take:

Then why are the reports saying they will be in before us when we are hours east of them?