C7 News and Rumors

SLUDrew

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dlarry" data-cid="347734" data-time="1362097749"><p>

I hope the 2nd wave teams are announced with the first grouping. Another year.of speculation woukd suck big balls.</p></blockquote>

+1 this is the key. Waiting a year is no big deal as long as we are announced as 2014. If its left hanging, that would be very bad news.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dlarry" data-cid="347734" data-time="1362097749"><p>

I hope the 2nd wave teams are announced with the first grouping. Another year.of speculation woukd suck big balls.</p></blockquote>

+1 this is the key. Waiting a year is no big deal as long as we are announced as 2014. If its left hanging, that would be very bad news.

We'd have to win back to back national championships if that were the case.

There's a $2 million fee to be paid to the A 10 if less than 1 year's notice is provided, so reported. Maybe SLU and others dont want to pay the $$, even with the better TV money it may be less than a wash.

This. The Big East might be paying the exit fee, and if so, they might rather pay the higher fee for only 2 teams. X and Butler would be $4 million in exit fees. Adding SLU and Dayton immediately would be another $4 million.

I hope the 2nd wave teams are announced with the first grouping. Another year.of speculation woukd suck big balls.

I don't think they would wait to announce the second wave of schools, it doesn't make any sense. Those schools entering the league for the 2014-2015 season would need to declare their intent to leave in order to reduce the exit fee. Whatever happens, I expect we will find out definitively on Tuesday.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="MapleLeaf45" data-cid="347745" data-time="1362098804"><p>

Well that's not good

There was an update to this article claiming that Creighton is in with Butler and X</p></blockquote>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="JMM28" data-cid="347751" data-time="1362102836"><p>

No not ok. We need to be in the first group. Not ok at all.</p></blockquote>

This is a conference for a loooong time. Not getting in in 2013 is of marginal importance.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kshoe" data-cid="347756" data-time="1362103337"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="JMM28" data-cid="347751" data-time="1362102836"><p><br />

No not ok. We need to be in the first group. Not ok at all.</p></blockquote><br />

<br />

This is a conference for a loooong time. Not getting in in 2013 is of marginal importance.</p></blockquote >

Agreed

Removing my bias towards the Bills, Creighton is a better fit than SLU and deserves the 10th spot. We can only hope they somehow can get 12 in next year.

Huh????

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="AlumniFan" data-cid="347755" data-time="1362103336"><p>

There is a lot of uncertainty still in this. Far from a done deal. The articles keep getting updated. 2014 is a LONG way off. </p></blockquote>

You mean Tuesday is a long way off. If we are announced on Tuesday as a 2014 team all is good. If not, it's panic time.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="JMM28" data-cid="347751" data-time="1362102836"><p>

No not ok. We need to be in the first group. Not ok at all.</p></blockquote>

This is a conference for a loooong time. Not getting in in 2013 is of marginal importance.

Except that elongating the time frame introduces more opportunity for variability in the outcome. A lot can happen in that intervening year. That really worries me.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="AlumniFan" data-cid="347755" data-time="1362103336"><p>

There is a lot of uncertainty still in this. Far from a done deal. The articles keep getting updated. 2014 is a LONG way off. </p></blockquote>

The 2nd wave will be announced right away because the A10 lowers exit fees for giving 2 years notice or whatever

Removing my bias towards the Bills, Creighton is a better fit than SLU and deserves the 10th spot. We can only hope they somehow can get 12 in next year.

Really? SLU is a much better geographic fit, Omaha is a smaller market than St. Louis, Creighton is a smaller school than SLU, SLU has a higher-ranked national university, and SLU has far superior facilities that are on campus. SLU is also a better team on the court right now. I am not saying Creighton isn't worthy, but I don't see how Creighton is a better fit than SLU.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="bk18" data-cid="347754" data-time="1362103303"><p>

Removing my bias towards the Bills, Creighton is a better fit than SLU and deserves the 10th spot. We can only hope they somehow can get 12 in next year.</p></blockquote>

Better fit how? They have a president on marquettes board and no buyout from the mvc, that is why they may be getting the 2013 invite while we wait till 2014