C7 News and Rumors

SLUDrew

Fox bumped its offer. Each c7 school gets 1.5 million and away we go.

Oh and also if this all comes down today that SLU is in, Pistol would be correct on the best week ever thread.

Thanks for the reminder. I wasn't going to let anyone forget.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the "leading candidates"?

Damn it.

Not good enough. Too much can happen between now and then.

*sigh*, I guess we're in for another year of speculation and rumors.

nah, an official statement should be released tomorrow (hopefully). I guarantee you the 12 teams are already set in stone.

What makes you so sure?

Fox is running the show... No matter what people yap about, Fox is the one dishing out the money. Thus, they decide what media markets they want to jump into. BTW, st. louis has the 21st biggest television market in the nation ;)

What makes you so sure?

Billion dollar investments like the one Fox is making in this network (of which the new Big East will be a part of) aren't still "coming together" in the days leading up to an announcement. They've done their homework and know who they want in the league. I could be wrong, but I'd assume that the schools that are going to be in have constructively been in (maybe without even knowing) for a while now.

Billion dollar investments like the one Fox is making in this network (of which the new Big East will be a part of) aren't still "coming together" in the days leading up to an announcement. They've done their homework and know who they want in the league. I could be wrong, but I'd assume that the schools that are going to be in have constructively been in (maybe without even knowing) for a while now.

Oh, they've known it. They've been after it like a dog in heat.

So it appears to be a done deal that will likely be announced later today -- X, Butler, and Creighton in 2013; SLU and Dayton in 2014. After it is official, I am interested in understanding why SLU and UD are waiting the extra year.

All signs seem to be point to an announcement in the next few days that we will join in 2014 with Dayton while Butler, Creighton and X join next year. While not perfect, it qualifies as good enough for me. This is a long term deal and one year won't hurt much at all.

That being said, and this is just my idle speculation, but don't be surprised if we are announced as a 2014 entry but still find a way to leave by 2013. Many times these moves are announced as one thing, there are behind the scenes discussions, and low and behold an earlier date is agreed upon.

The one thing I can't ever remember happening was somebody getting an invite and then having it revoked prior to actually joining the league. So please, no chicken little posting that somehow the 2014 entry date puts us at risk for not eventually joining.

I am interested in understanding why SLU and UD are waiting the extra year.

Maybe they were just being nice to the A10 to not totally cannibalize them. Give them some breathing room to find replacement schools. Next year they lose Temple, Charlotte, X & Butler. Then 2014 they will UD and SLU, that's a lot.

Actually, if this happens, I would think its not all bad. It will give a new coach (or JC) a little transition time. The bulk of all Rick's players will be almost all gone by Spring, '14. The conference schedule will be less demanding with Temple, X and Butler gone. Hopefully, whoever is coach gets his staff in place this spring, some impact transfers, and recruits his tail off this summer. Then for the 14-15 season will be ready to jump into the hornets nest.

Tom Timmerman just said from what he's seen, the 2 conferences will announce split today, but nothing else.

UGH

"New league will have lot to do and much time to do it. Needs commissioner first, then picking teams to add."

I like Timmerman but I'm not sure he's really all that tied into the conference realignment talk. Put differntly, I don't think hiring a commissioner has to come before announcing the new teams in the league.

I like Timmerman but I'm not sure he's really all that tied into the conference realignment talk. Put differntly, I don't think hiring a commissioner has to come before announcing the new teams in the league.

I don't like his journalism and I hope you're right, that he has no idea what he's talking about. F that guy.