C7 News and Rumors

SLUDrew

Fox has dictated that we will be in the conference. We will be in. Everything else is just people leaking stuff in order to get the C7 schools financial concessions from SLU before they issue the invite.

At least this is what I am hoping is the situation based on what I have read and heard.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An ND alum friend of mine posits that ND made a mistake in joining the ACC, as the new Big East would be a great fit, all sports, except football. ND gets to keep all the football money without any strings, like 'must play four ACC teams a year' stuff. (ND couldn't see the new Big East coming, but if they did, they would have been all over it.)

I wouldn't rule out ND trying to rectify this error with the $$$$$$$ they have. I don't know what this does for SLU, but it may not be good.

When the ACC gets raided, it will be interesting to see what ND does. I think that SLUs fate will be settled by then though. ND instead of Dayton would be brilliant but I think the timing makes it unlikely.

An ND alum friend of mine posits that ND made a mistake in joining the ACC, as the new Big East would be a great fit, all sports, except football. ND gets to keep all the football money without any strings, like 'must play four ACC teams a year' stuff. (ND couldn't see the new Big East coming, but if they did, they would have been all over it.)I wouldn't rule out ND trying to rectify this error with the $$$$$$$ they have. I don't know what this does for SLU, but it may not be good.

An ND alum friend of mine posits that ND made a mistake in joining the ACC, as the new Big East would be a great fit, all sports, except football. ND gets to keep all the football money without any strings, like 'must play four ACC teams a year' stuff. (ND couldn't see the new Big East coming, but if they did, they would have been all over it.)

I wouldn't rule out ND trying to rectify this error with the $$$$$$$ they have. I don't know what this does for SLU, but it may not be good.

All the ND alums I spoke to and from my own knowledge is that ND could never go to the new BigEast due to their massive number of men and women's teams in Olympic sports. Many of those Catholic schools do not field most of NDs successful Olympic teams. Their athletic budgets are tiny compared to that of the Irish. And this is before mentioning the biggest reason and that is a landing spot bowl game for the football team in the event of not making the Final Four of the BCS in a given year.

ND to the new BigEast never would have been a marriage.

I talked to my high-powered sources at our weekly power lunch yesterday. The lunch was at a very fancy restaurant that smelled of rich mahogany. Long story short, we're in.

Good enough for me. I will get on the horn with the sweatshops to start printing Nike SLU Big East shirts.

Moytoyboy and alliance members:

Just so you know, I'm not part of the alliance. Can't stand Boytoy. Last weekend he and I had a knock-down drag-it-out brawl at Cowboy's condo in Salina while Cowboy and Taj sat on the couch watching like Leonardo DiCaprio in Django Unchained.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/basketball/hold_the_obit_yJ5nezTlwUr49pucWJ0cZO

An interesting article on the new league from BE expert Lenn Robbins. You will notice near the end of the article (written 3/11) that he mentions us as one of the new members in a very matter of fact way ...as though we are a shoo-in.

I'll take that for now.

Lenn also believes that SMU is in Houston.

Have some more Rice, Lenn!

Just so you know, I'm not part of the alliance. Can't stand Boytoy. Last weekend he and I had a knock-down drag-it-out brawl at Cowboy's condo in Salina while Cowboy and Taj sat on the couch watching like Leonardo DiCaprio in Django Unchained.

So you're not bizzle's butt boy?

OK SOMEBODY PLEASE CLARIFY:

"Fox won them over with a 12-year deal worth about $500 million, according to reports. But the contract could spike to $600 million if the conference grows to a dozen teams"

A: 10 team conference ........... $500M / 120 school-years = $4.17 M per year per school

B: 10 team conference then 12 team conference in 2014 ........... $600 / 142 school-years = $4.23 M per school per year

C: 12 team conference starting in 2013 ........... $600M / 144 school-years = $4.17 M per school per year

My point is the article talks about going to $600 million if they go to 12 teams but it doesn't say when that would occur. Based on rumors it sounds like it is referring to option B. But if you want to keep the math consistent, it sounds like this move is a reference to option C. I don't think Fox would say we will give you an extra 100 million if you add these schools whenever you want, I think this is a suggestion that we may be looking at situation C.

Anyone? anyone? ... Buehler? Buehler?

-the maids just left, they were imported as Saline County has no such offerings, condo is ready for the next Conflict in Kansas, it is very nice

maids.jpg

No more concerns about Notre Dame possibly joining for a year. It was just announced that they will start in the ACC in 2013.

Friggin' domers. Good riddance!!!