Rammer and the Ref at VCU Game

SluBallz

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was that interaction carried on the air? Did anybody hear what was said?

Yes it was. Rammer said something like, "No we won't have that here, I'm doing a job." I thought it was hilarious. Someone has to dig up a tape of that. Now that I've seen the pic it's even funnier to think about.

Yes it was. Rammer said something like, "No we won't have that here, I'm doing a job." I thought it was hilarious. Someone has to dig up a tape of that. Now that I've seen the pic it's even funnier to think about.

I was listening to the radio broadcast, and couldn't really figure out what was going on.

I was listening to the radio broadcast, and couldn't really figure out what was going on.

I figured it had to be the ref responding to the "horrible call" blast. As I said earlier, Rammer says his trademark gripes so loud that I wondered if the refs ever hear him. I don't see how they can miss it. Now that we know they do hear him, I think it says something good about the refs since they generally don't respond to it.

Hey if we're going to stretch that far, Henry Kissinger, at least half of him is to the right of the former first lady.

That's not Kissinger it is obviously Ben Stein.

Anyone ever heard of a ref getting into it with a Radio or even TV Broadcaster before? That's just crazy. Closest thing I can think of is when Martelli let the CBS guy have it for dogging his team.

A ref would have a legitimate gripe if the PA announcer would say something derogatory about a call. Or the video board would keep replaying a controversial call. But to warn or admonish the radio guy? That's not only silly, it makes the ref look like he's not paying attention to his job.

Awesome, has Rammer talked about this today? I would love to hear his take.

Rammer said that he couldn't hear the ref due to having the headphones on. He was later told that the ref said "Do you wanna stay?" And then he (Rammer) kind of blew him off by saying something like "I'm working here." I still think the ref comes off looking like an absolute idiot.

Rammer said that he couldn't hear the ref due to having the headphones on. He was later told that the ref said "Do you wanna stay?" And then he kind of blew him off by saying something like "I'm working here." I still think the ref comes off looking like an absolute idiot.

If he really said that, he should never be allowed to ref a SLU game again, and certainly never one in the 'Fetz. Photo. Tape. League office.

This parallels the AP story about refs needing to be governed by a common body. This kind of crap should not be allowed.