Mike Crawford

topshelf103

Hi All,

New to the board, Old to the game (Kitty's dad, class of '70). I was wondering if anyone could give me an overview of mike Crawford or the red-shirt on the bench?

Welcome to the board!

In regards to Crawford, the link below is a good place to start. In that thread, there is a poster (Devils15) that has seen Crawford play in person and provided quite a few details. There is also quite a bit of board chatter, but if looking for a first-hand account, pay attention to the posts of Devils15 in that thread.

http://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23116

As for Drew (the redshirt), your own personal insight is probably as good as anyone else's here. I have seen him in practice prior to the season and warming up before games, but until I see him in actual competitive play, I can't really offer any worthy opinions on his ability. He does look to have a great wingspan for his height, but also looks like he can add a few pounds (or 30.) It looks like it was a good choice to redshirt him this season as he would have received very little playing time and it provides a year of practice with the team and conditioning.

I'm fairly certain he won't be on enough to notice that was asked... He's just worried about what were all worried about. The future recruiting prospects with the coaching future undetermined. :)

This was Tipton's first game being ranked #1 and their first game in 2 weeks. The break definitely hurt them as did not having one of their starters due to an ankle injury. Although Mike uncharacteristically struggled from 3 he still had 38 points and 15 rebounds. He actually had a tip in at the buzzer to tie it that got waived off that would have given him 40 and sent it to OT. Tough break but I expect Mike to lead his team to a deep tourney run and hopefully a State Championship.