What is up with Tom Timmerman

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/slu-temple-in-review/article_a4ce02c4-f45d-5dbf-bf7f-749a7ba74f92.html

I generally enjoy Tom's articles and I certainly appreciate the coverage that he brings for SLU. He also seems to know what he's talking about for the most part. What is his deal with the travel stories though? I counted no less than 18 paragraphs detailing his airport woes. I mean the guy rambles on and on about the weirdest things like his pocket knife getting taken away in Kansas City and God knows what else. just seems very strange to me......

1) It's a blog.

2) "Life on the Road" is a recurring motif in said blog and always comes at the end of the post.

Yeah, I don't always read the "Life on the Road" section, but Tom is free to write as he pleases on his blog. I recall he got some positive comments on the segment early on and he probably figures that everyone can relate to travel headaches. This past entry was pretty long winded, but it is easy to get carried away writing about things that happened to you because they just come out naturally rather than having to do research or interviews.

I actually like life on the road.

totally agree with steve. i find myself looking at stltoday the next day forward to find tom's Life on the road. some are not as good as others, but i think overall tom's travel perils are interesting.

Tom is a good guy and I enjoy reading his blog.

Remember I was attending a game in Athens, GA a few years back as one of the few Billiken fans in a sparsely attended game against Georgia. Waiting for tip-off, Tom came by, sat down next to me, and we shot the bull about the Bills for about 10-15 minutes.