Bloomberg TV video on SLU athletics

bonwich

You beat me to it Bonwich

Some points that stood out to me:

-Since moving to Chaifetz the program gets $5.47 per ticket in added revenue. Ticket revenue is up 83%, sponsorship revenue up 271%, basketball program giving up 157% (this includes the mandatory gift that comes with some tickets).

-$33 million of the cost to build Chaifetz came from bonds, I'd assumed this would be much higher.

-Dr. Chaifetz is on the board of trustees, the one group that can tell Father B what to do.

-Dr. Chaifetz believes they are putting the pieces in place to win a championship "in a reasonable amount of time".

Despite losing Majerus, Dr. C's commitment to the program seems as strong as ever.

After seeing this, I'm all for permanently bubble wrapping the good Doctor. He is the caretaker to our current and future success in SLU basketball. He seems to have an autonymous role for basketball outside Biondi, which is VERY good. Keep this man healthy, happy, and in charge. Thank you good doctor, we are happy to have you involved and in charge! Go Bills!

After seeing this, I'm all for permanently bubble wrapping the good Doctor. He is the caretaker to our current and future success in SLU basketball. He seems to have an autonymous role for basketball outside Biondi, which is VERY good. Keep this man healthy, happy, and in charge. Thank you good doctor, we are happy to have you involved and in charge! Go Bills!

Indeed. Chaifetz's emergence as a big-time booster in recent years makes me wonder if there are any others out there flying below the radar.

Indeed. Chaifetz's emergence as a big-time booster in recent years makes me wonder if there are any others out there flying below the radar.

There must be some others. $40 million of the cost to build Chaifetz came from fundraising. Dr. C's contribution to that was $12 million. I doubt all $28 mil of the remainder came from a bunch of $1000 donation.

Isnt there a plaque naming the big donors near the practice facility. If memory serves me there are a few "anonymous" lines on there.

-there are names of donors over a certain level on the windows looking from the arena concourse into the practice facility

-THANK YOU to all of the donors

There must be some others. $40 million of the cost to build Chaifetz came from fundraising. Dr. C's contribution to that was $12 million. I doubt all $28 mil of the remainder came from a bunch of $1000 donation.

I have no personal knowledge but am sure many on this Board can confirm and list the names, if they chose to, of others such as Tony Novelly. In the past (Spoonhour days), I know that Kim Tucchi was a big name but nothing as big as Dr. C.

I know of one donor who donated almost as much as Dr. C and was given a lifetime box up top. The box goes unused most games or there are three or four people sitting in it. This donor said that if he had known that the building was going to be named after the top donor, he would have given more.

I know of one donor who donated almost as much as Dr. C and was given a lifetime box up top. The box goes unused most games or there are three or four people sitting in it. This donor said that if he had known that the building was going to be named after the top donor, he would have given more.

Yeah, but Geldmacher Arena doesn't have the same ring to it. Class of '95, 4LYFE.