Valpo GDT

JMM28

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rammer is a homer extraordinnairre but he is right on in what these refs are allowing. I am sure we are doing it too but Valpo looks a hell of a lot more obvious with their pushes and hand checks and grabs.

If Valpo is the best ther Horizon has, yikes. Of course, we are at home. Valpo 5 and 1 beating the likes of GA Southern, Northern IL, Kent St, Chicago St., and Bethune-Cookman. Not a real 5 and 1. Loss on road by two to Nebraska.

I would say UIC is the best given their win over Northwestern last night

Best defense the billikens have played this year that i have seen. jett and evans did a fabulous job on valpo's top guy. too many turnovers though.

I thought our defense and hustle were solid this afternoon and I recognized more of our oh-fense being smoothly run than in most of our efforts. Best part of the day was the prolonged standing ovation given to Majerus after the moment of silence.Guy was ready to move along to the anthem but the crowd cut him off with the spontaneous clapping. I didn't notice any black ribbon on our game jersies but we did wear black T's as a warmup top, a la when the team wore black Ts #50 after Easy Ed's death.

I thought our defense and hustle were solid this afternoon and I recognized more of our oh-fense being smoothly run than in most of our efforts. Best part of the day was the prolonged standing ovation given to Majerus after the moment of silence.Guy was ready to move along to the anthem but the crowd cut him off with the spontaneous clapping. I didn't notice any black ribbon on our game jersies but we did wear black T's as a warmup top, a la when the team wore black Ts #50 after Easy Ed's death.

team had a black stripe/ribbon on the jerseys today, it was hard to see if you weren't looking close

But was it actually on? I checked all over, particularly 590 and 1380. Never found Rammer.

It was on some weird FM station - 100.3 or something like that. We came out of the Rams game and heard them mention it on the Rams postgame show.

What an awesome afternoon - two games, two wins.

-i agree

-where was KC? still not healthy?

KC was suited up, but didn't play. After being out for a while it's going to take him a bit to get into game shape again. There's no need to rush him back, especially since the game never really seemed in doubt. Looks like we have a game Wednesday and they not till the 15th, so we'll see if he plays Wed or they just wait

KC was suited up, but didn't play. After being out for a while it's going to take him a bit to get into game shape again. There's no need to rush him back, especially since the game never really seemed in doubt. Looks like we have a game Wednesday and they not till the 15th, so we'll see if he plays Wed or they just wait

ya we were solid at guard, no need to risk the healing for nothing.

On a small side note something that stood out from past few games was how EASY it was for us to feed the ball down low. got a little lazy toward the end but for most of the game we could get the ball anywhere. If I was coach drew, I would be mad at how many of their players took off balanced threes, kinda odd.