Next Coach

GOSLU68

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have had plenty of discussion over who the next coach should be. For now I think we should all get behind this team and Coach Crews and support them 100%. Crews did not apply or ask to be put in this position and it just got even tougher.

Go Coach Crews and Go Bills! Have a great season for Rick!

For Sure!!! I'm hoping for the best, and I think we can have a very solid season. But, as you know, Crews is not the long term answer... And, if we get into the Catholic Conference... The SLU job will be somewhat coveted.

Leitao did OK at UVA which is a tough place to win and he did well taking over for Pat Kennedy at DePaul. I'd be surprised if Bryce Drew left his alma mater to coach at SLU but we are in one of the best basketball leagues and might be in THE BEST league soon and could probably pay more.

Both I'd be fine with and would hope Leitao would bring Diener to his staff.

Leitao did OK at UVA which is a tough place to win and he did well taking over for Pat Kennedy at DePaul. I'd be surprised if Bryce Drew left his alma mater to coach at SLU but we are in one of the best basketball leagues and might be in THE BEST league soon and could probably pay more.

And don't forget that Homer is a St. Louis native. Anybody down Webster way know if there's a big Drew contingent still in the area?

Of all the potential coaches listed in this thread, P.J. Carlesimo would be the best hire. He took Seton Freaking Hall!! to the NCAA finals. he's a strict disciplinarian that stresses execution...similar to Majerus. In fact, Carlesimo's coaching career is similar to RM's in many ways. Bring him in next year with many returning players used to RM style, and we don't miss a beat. Unlikely that he'd be interersted, but if Bills go to the old Big East/new Catholic Conference, he could be lured back.

Tommy Amaker is another decent choice. But, not too interested in Jay Wright. Villanova sucks this year too.

Greg Marshall at Wichita State would be a very nice hire too. I vaguely recall he out-recruited Sodie for some Eastern european JUCO. but, he's had success everywhere he's been.

I like the idea of Bryce Drew far more than I do Leitao. If we're gonna go with a retread I would suggest Jay Wright or Tommy Amaker.

Porter Moser has Il-Chicago at 7-3 after beating Miss. State last night. Could be worth a look if they win the Horizon league or get close. His recruiting class there was very solid.

Gregg Marshall is not a realistic option in my opinion. Wichita St is a great job.

I like the idea of Bryce Drew far more than I do Leitao. If we're gonna go with a retread I would suggest Jay Wright or Tommy Amaker.

Porter Moser has Il-Chicago at 7-3 after beating Miss. State last night. Could be worth a look if they win the Horizon league or get close. His recruiting class there was very solid.

Gregg Marshall is not a realistic option in my opinion. Wichita St is a great job.

Porter is the Coach of Loyola of Chicago