Billiken gear

BLIKNS

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, crymdg2 said:

I assume 18 is the only number available and this isn't a customizable option?  If not, and I'm a walk on,  I'm immediately stealing that number for myself. 

I think the ultimate walk on....the Billiken Mascot himself....already called dibbs on the jersey.  If you take his number, he will transfer out and we will be stuck being the Banana Slugs...or maybe worse.

I have always assumed that 18 is his number as a reference to 1818.

2 minutes ago, SLU_Lax said:

I think the ultimate walk on....the Billiken Mascot himself....already called dibbs on the jersey.  If you take his number, he will transfer out and we will be stuck being the Banana Slugs...or maybe worse.

I have always assumed that 18 is his number as a reference to 1818.

This is a correct assumption.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Littlebill said:

They literally sell multiple styles in the team store??

Nobody but Major League Baseball and New Era even bothers with the classic fitted hat styles anymore. They are a complete waste of capital. If the team store guy was worried about getting a return on upfront cost on jerseys, imagine having to buy sizes 7 through 8 of fitted New Era Billiken hats. Demanding fitted hats is a dumb complaint, we’ve never had them that I can recall and I’ll be surprised if you could even find a fitted college hat for a team that isn’t SEC baseball.

I have a fitted hat.  It is the St. Louis Cardinals "StL" on the front with the Billiken on the back and on the side.  I think it';sd a 7 1/4 size.  Problem is I bought it al Mall of America a very long time agio and I understand the baseball Cardinals told SLU to stop with the "StL" design.  I've had many people offer to but from it.  Ain't happening.  It was a New ERA cap.  You canb see it in my log on picture by the TAJ beer bottle.

i have a size 7 billiken blue billiken baseball cap with the billiken on the front and a small StL on the back.  i got it in the early 90's and i admit i havent seen such since.   still my go to hat when i do where a cap with a bill.  without a doubt the best cap i own.  

54 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

I have a fitted hat.  It is the St. Louis Cardinals "StL" on the front with the Billiken on the back and on the side.  I think it';sd a 7 1/4 size.  Problem is I bought it al Mall of America a very long time agio and I understand the baseball Cardinals told SLU to stop with the "StL" design.  I've had many people offer to but from it.  Ain't happening.  It was a New ERA cap.  You canb see it in my log on picture by the TAJ beer bottle.

33 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i have a size 7 billiken blue billiken baseball cap with the billiken on the front and a small StL on the back.  i got it in the early 90's and i admit i havent seen such since.   still my go to hat when i do where a cap with a bill.  without a doubt the best cap i own.  

Just for clarification both of these scenarios are reaching at least 30 years of age and might as well have never happened. No offense to Taj or Roy obviously. Once elastic became commonplace, hat manufacturers realized they could lower cost with stretch fit with/or the M/L/XL sizing instead of the 20 different fractional sizes. As I said above, MLB is the only place that can reach the sort of demand to make it worthwhile.

I agree.  From a manufacturing standpoint, it makes better sense to make one-size-adjusts-to-fit all than individual hats.  

Never happened?  I do have vivid dreams but being in a Mall with a roller coaster in the middle of it is a rather rare occurrence for me.  I don't recall exactly the date of my visit but it was when I had a job in the 1993 to 1996 time frame.  Thirty years is a good guess considering that's when roy got his.

my point was only that the fitted hat is still the best from all angles except maybe cost of producing and thus a must pass on to the consumer.  however, i refuse to wear the others.   but i understand the cost savings.    that said, i doubt i am the only person that will no longer buy or wear hats because you cannot get a fitted hat pretty much anywhere.  

i am surprised someone hasnt made that a niche.   hell people pay big money for jerseys and such why wouldnt they pay more for the more stylish and perfect fit and comfort for a fitted hat?

15 hours ago, mrjoelabs said:

The thing we really need is a SLU fitted hat. Cannot ever find this. Size 8 heads don't work with adjust o fit.

I don’t have a Billiken fitted specifically but I do have a blue and white STL fitted (the cardinals logo) that goes perfectly with any Bills gear. They had plenty of them at Lids but I understand if you want something specifically Billiken branded. 

20 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

I don’t have a Billiken fitted specifically but I do have a blue and white STL fitted (the cardinals logo) that goes perfectly with any Bills gear. They had plenty of them at Lids but I understand if you want something specifically Billiken branded. 

They sell this in the chaifetz store with a billiken on the back instead of the MLB. And it isn't a 5950, just a regular flexfit

21 hours ago, mrjoelabs said:

The thing we really need is a SLU fitted hat. Cannot ever find this. Size 8 heads don't work with adjust o fit.

https://www.lids.com/mlb-st-louis-cardinals/st-louis-cardinals-new-era-logo-white-59fifty-fitted-hat-royal/o-2365+t-36671187+p-1524110370+z-8-2661731157?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r7c1:po-22

I wear this hat to games a lot and use it as a substitute for a true fitted Billikens hat.

Pistol likes this

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...