Billiken gear

BLIKNS

3 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

Yeah, that’s where I’m at. It is a positive development and I’ll get something to show the demand is there. I’m gonna keep pushing for the Peter Millar or johnnie-O gear, need to dress us dorks.

I was gonna say that I prefer to be called something different, but just in differentiating that fact is what makes me a dork

TheChosenOne likes this

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I don't want this to come off snarky but I haven't seen a fitted New Era hat in at least 5 years.

Ha yea, I’ve been avoiding confirming my suspicions for awhile. Lost my go-to years ago and was super lazy replacing it. Big mistake. Always disappointed when I search for something new. Can’t even buy a SLU baseball hat huh?

Question for cyclists out there: When someone plays basketball for exercise, they just wear shorts, t-shirt, and sneakers.  When someone swims for exercise, they just wear swim trunks, not speedos.  When someone plays soccer for exercise, they wear shorts and a t-shirt.  Yet, when someone decides to get into cycling for exercise, suddenly its Halloween and they are going to the party dressed as Floyd Landis.  Why?????

Please don't give me the streamline/wind resistance argument.  If you really were doing it to get a good workout you would want wind resistance, not the opposite.

1 minute ago, cgeldmacher said:

Question for cyclists out there: When someone plays basketball for exercise, they just wear shorts, t-shirt, and sneakers.  When someone swims for exercise, they just wear swim trunks, not speedos.  When someone plays soccer for exercise, they wear shorts and a t-shirt.  Yet, when someone decides to get into cycling for exercise, suddenly its Halloween and they are going to the party dressed as Floyd Landis.  Why?????

Please don't give me the streamline/wind resistance argument.  If you really were doing it to get a good workout you would want wind resistance, not the opposite.

Because wind is your worst enemy out there. I'd take rain, light snow (if it isn't sticking yet), heat, or any number of other elements over wind. I've ridden in low-single-digits all the way to low triple digits. You don't realize how serious wind can be until you have a strong headwind. You want every advantage against it possible, even if you're riding short distances.

Saying you want wind resistance for a better workout is weird. I've never heard anyone say that before. If it were true, top cyclists would train like that. They don't. Your body already provides more than enough resistance in a headwind. If you had on loose clothes, there are winds that could stop your momentum completely.

Also, loose stuff can get caught in your bike.

Gremio14 likes this

2 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

Justin Bieber is a Toffee, Rihanna and Miley Cyrus support Manchester  United... but does Ed Sheeran really love Chelsea? Find out here | Daily  Mail Online

Justin Bieber would beg to differ. I feel like you could have asked this question without being snarky. When you play soccer you tend to wear soccer shorts and a soccer shirt, when you play basketball you wear basketball shorts and a basketball tank top. If you wear plane shorts you're going to have a numb penis(probably have that anyway with bike shorts), then a sore pair of testicles. If you wear a regular shirt with bike shorts you looks fuoking weirder than in a full cycling kit.

On 7/1/2021 at 4:21 PM, billikenfan05 said:

Justin Bieber is a Toffee, Rihanna and Miley Cyrus support Manchester  United... but does Ed Sheeran really love Chelsea? Find out here | Daily  Mail Online

Justin Bieber would beg to differ. I feel like you could have asked this question without being snarky. When you play soccer you tend to wear soccer shorts and a soccer shirt, when you play basketball you wear basketball shorts and a basketball tank top. If you wear plane shorts you're going to have a numb penis(probably have that anyway with bike shorts), then a sore pair of testicles. If you wear a regular shirt with bike shorts you looks fuoking weirder than in a full cycling kit.

Your probably right.  Although, you could have come up with a better example than Bieber.

BilliesBy40 likes this

On 7/1/2021 at 2:36 PM, cgeldmacher said:

Cycled 5,150 miles last year.  Wear bright T-shirt or tank top if hot, a bright hoodie if cold.  None of that fancy bike crap clothing for me.

willie likes this

In addition to the vintage design deals…and in a similar vein… I have been told that SLU Athletics will introduce authentic basketball jerseys for purchase this fall. The jerseys will come in two colors, white and blue, and will be essentially identical to the uniforms that the Men’s basketball team will wear when they take the court for the 2021-22 season.

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

In addition to the vintage design deals…and in a similar vein… I have been told that SLU Athletics will introduce authentic basketball jerseys for purchase this fall. The jerseys will come in two colors, white and blue, and will be essentially identical to the uniforms that the Men’s basketball team will wear when they take the court for the 2021-22 season.

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pitbull?

As a 42 year old male wearing a sports jersey is pretty ridiculous looking but....I would wear these to the games with the loudmouth checkerboard suit.  Who's got a link to that thing?

2 hours ago, thetorch said:

As a 42 year old male wearing a sports jersey is pretty ridiculous looking but....I would wear these to the games with the loudmouth checkerboard suit.  Who's got a link to that thing?

I’ve been debating buying a cycling shirt because that’s how bad our options are. 

Looks like shorts from 19nine are going to be an auto buy. 

On 7/1/2021 at 1:36 PM, cgeldmacher said:

I wear a speedo when I swim for exercise...

1 hour ago, Billiken Rich said:

It's not really fair but I have this tendency to assume people look like their avatar.  Just hoping you're more fit than Farley.......

My avatar is just the letter R, but if you drew a head on top of an uppercase “R” and added long curly(ish) hair and a beard...yeah, that’d be pretty accurate. Lol