Billiken gear

BLIKNS

On 4/27/2021 at 10:58 AM, billikenfan05 said:

Their most recent jerseys are as close to perfect as you can get. So clean. I wish i would have gotten a picture but ran into one of the players at a women’s soccer game this year. He had on a sweet new balance jacket. Reminded me of the old school satin jackets and had Billikens in script on the back. 

Satin! Nylon! Lingerie!

-Bill Raftery

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

So disappointing after the basketball jerseys that SBUnfurled did were so good looking.  These would be 10x better if you just removed the Billiken.

His first attempt at SLU basketball was not good either. For some reason he’s fixated on the arch and modern designs with SLU compared to simple and clean with others. 

36 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

His first attempt at SLU basketball was not good either. For some reason he’s fixated on the arch and modern designs with SLU compared to simple and clean with others. 

I'll take you up in the arch this summer 

billiken_roy likes this

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I assume someone from Olean considers St. Louis futuristic gleaming metropolis and the arch a totally fantastical structure.  Thus making Saint Louis jerseys super modern fits and incorporating the arch seems like a must do.

I thought his original SLU basketball one was okay, but the 2nd one is clearly way better.  I don't mind incorporating the arch into designs.  It is what most people probably associate with St. Louis.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

This is certainly good news...

This is massive news. This is the furthest the AD has branched out into something different. It's obviously way delayed and that should be noted. But this message board HAS to exercise it's buying power when they drop the line. No doubt the powers at be will be monitoring it's success or failure. We need to show them that great merch will be bought.

-I looked at Homefield's site to find schools I thought might have similar reach to ours, Detroit Mercy has one t-shirt listed while  Winthrop has five t-shirts and one hoodie but one shirt and the hoodie have 'The Campus of Champions' which I would think would lead to a natural 'Where Winners Migrate' option for SLU 

2 hours ago, 4thgenBill said:

I checked out the website and they don't offer too much stuff for each school. Just some t-shirts and hoodies using older mascots/logos as mentioned above.

That's really one of the big sections of athletics merchandise that has been sorely lacking. They do a decent job on polo shirts, modest hat selection but hardly anything that could be fashionably acceptable outside of a trip to chaifetz arena.

The Homefield licensing partnership is the first step in the right direction for merchandise in a long time. Looking forward to having premium options, and that prior iterations of the Billiken will finally be used for something. Hopefully fans are enthusiastic, and the department will see that providing fans with quality options will be rewarding for all parties. 

6 hours ago, johnbj14 said:

The Homefield licensing partnership is the first step in the right direction for merchandise in a long time. Looking forward to having premium options, and that prior iterations of the Billiken will finally be used for something. Hopefully fans are enthusiastic, and the department will see that providing fans with quality options will be rewarding for all parties. 

Yeah, that’s where I’m at. It is a positive development and I’ll get something to show the demand is there. I’m gonna keep pushing for the Peter Millar or johnnie-O gear, need to dress us dorks.

Box and Won likes this