Billiken gear

BLIKNS

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I’m not cool in the least, this is what I would like offered for the Billikens as a 38 year old white male season ticket holder living in suburbia.

https://www.petermillar.com/c/c/atlantic-10-schools/university-of-dayton-apparel.html

I've looked at the Peter Millar site and was ticked that they didn't have anything SLU. Same for Yeti.

9 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I’m not cool in the least, this is what I would like offered for the Billikens as a 38 year old white male season ticket holder living in suburbia.

https://www.petermillar.com/c/c/atlantic-10-schools/university-of-dayton-apparel.html

The beauty of that link you posted is that it not only showcases premium offering but more importantly there are a ton of options. 

3 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

The beauty of that link you posted is that it not only showcases premium offering but more importantly there are a ton of options. 

Yeah, there are more pullover options on that page than I can find in total for SLU right now.

26 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Look on Rally House’s website. They have quite a few (although none are Peter Millar, which would be nice).

This is another issue with SLU gear. While Rally House is a nice option, most schools have far more purchase options than the bookstore/arena and one local store. The good news is that there are a ton of ways for SLU to attack the merchandise options that could make many happy, because the current efforts are so sparse. 

2 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

I look on Peter Millar once every 6 months hoping I will finally find SLU apparel. And then I laugh at myself for being that naive. 

As W once said: “There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

TheChosenOne and Littlebill like this

9 hours ago, Franchise_08 said:

There is nothing worse than walking into a store and being engulfed by black and Puke gold while beautiful Billiken blue is nowhere to be found. SLU should have a local presence in dept stores likes Penny’s (not sure still around) and Kohl’s just for the general fans. 

Whenever I’m at a Kohl’s or Target type store that has a bunch of random college sports t-shirts (SLU, Miz, Illinois, MO State, etc) kind of thrown together on some racks I take it upon myself to front all the racks with the SLU shirts.

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

Whenever I’m at a Kohl’s or Target type store that has a bunch of random college sports t-shirts (SLU, Miz, Illinois, MO State, etc) kind of thrown together on some racks I take it upon myself to front all the racks with the SLU shirts.

Fighting the Good Fight one sales rack at a time. I salute you sir!

18 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

This is exactly what I want.

And I want a Billiken Yeti tumbler.  It seems like it would be easy to make this happen.

It would also seem to me that one easy solution to our gear issues would be to take some of the Nike stuff our athletes wear and make it available to the general public.  On social media I've seen student-athletes from various sports wearing stuff I would totally buy if I could.

6 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

And I want a Billiken Yeti tumbler.  It seems like it would be easy to make this happen.

It would also seem to me that one easy solution to our gear issues would be to take some of the Nike stuff our athletes wear and make it available to the general public.  On social media I've seen student-athletes from various sports wearing stuff I would totally buy if I could.

This would be great for fans, terrible on my wallet.

18 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

2 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

image.png.2189ad0c07a2e7cb5b21fa5d292477b5.png

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Let's talk about the Columbia pullovers on Rally House's site. I'm not going to shame anyone for their fashion choices, but that thing isn't worth the price they are charging and that same design has been available for half a decade, probably since the rebrand.

Why is the stitching so god awful?

-I wish you folks leading this charge on the merchandise expansion all the good fortune necessary to make it happen, I am thinking  that after you have some success what is the reaction by anyone at The U in a position of influence? or does it fall like a tree in the forest that no one hears?  will you need The U to play along since I guess they control licensing? I realize a lot of boxes have to be checked to get to the point of success, but it would be great if your group gets it done on really any scale

-one question, would you sell sweater vests?

6 hours ago, Box and Won said:

My brother in law had to go black market to have this Christmas gift created for me.

IMG_9248.HEIC IMG_9247.HEIC

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, wgstl said:

It's new balance, but I like these.

I was about to post this. I bought the jacket this morning. I can't tell if the joggers are new balance or unbranded. The fact that it's hockey and a "club" sport is my loophole for appreciating this stuff.

Side note: that logo is almost unseemly large.

BilliesBy40 likes this

17 minutes ago, brianstl said:

The hockey team has had a history of having some pretty good stuff over the years.

Their most recent jerseys are as close to perfect as you can get. So clean. I wish i would have gotten a picture but ran into one of the players at a women’s soccer game this year. He had on a sweet new balance jacket. Reminded me of the old school satin jackets and had Billikens in script on the back. 

On 4/12/2021 at 9:24 AM, Box and Won said:

I'd take one.  Austin based Yeti (Austin FC uniform sponsor) had a special vintage Longhorn Yeti at the Texas Football game the AD, Coors and Yeti had the deal.  $40 for the limited edition Yeti and a Coors Light tall boy.  A vintage Billiken and a Budweiser would be sweet.