Billiken gear

BLIKNS

4 minutes ago, Major Majerus said:

I had my cc out to buy a Billiken Coronavirus face mask; alas, they are asleep at the switch by not offering this classic sure thing...

should be more art involved like goaltender masks in hockey.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/25/2019 at 3:49 AM, johnbj14 said:

This is exactly how I feel. Instead of charging 70 bucks for an off brand one they currently sell, charge more for a legit one and fans will actually buy them. 

I have a theory that the official firm also makes a profit from selling fakes. This may also be part of their business, but we will never know :)

• 11 months later...
21 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

remind me again.... whats the dumbA reason we dont have jerseys? 

So what I've been told is that because it's a custom template that they have to order an abnormally large quantity and the dude who runs the team shop won't do it, something about only being on a year to year contract as the team store provider.

3 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

So what I've been told is that because it's a custom template that they have to order an abnormally large quantity and the dude who runs the team shop won't do it, something about only being on a year to year contract as the team store provider.

Couldn’t they just order jerseys from whoever produces the team’s jerseys for Nike?  They would have the template.

34 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Couldn’t they just order jerseys from whoever produces the team’s jerseys for Nike?  They would have the template.

I don't know all the ins and outs but the hang up seems to be the quantity they'd have to order, the price point and the year to year contract. The athletic department under Chris May has never prioritized merchandise and merchandise licensing, I don't think there's a person in the AD designated to handle it.

2 hours ago, dennis_w said:

I would certainly purchase several, I wonder if there is a way we could get an order together?

thinking of going down the rabbit hole... seems like a decent investment if i could get it off the ground

NoCoBillsFan and dennis_w like this

8 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

thinking of going down the rabbit hole... seems like a decent investment if i could get it off the ground

2 hours ago, dennis_w said:

I would certainly purchase several, I wonder if there is a way we could get an order together?

I honestly made a serious offer to front the cost for the guy who runs the team shop.

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I have had extensive conversations with a couple other fans and have come to the following conclusion. I think we, as a fan base need to create a form email, with our position on the matter that the lack of good merchandise is a missed opportunity for the athletic department. Complete with research regarding similar schools merch offerings and schools we aspire to be like. I would like to, for lack of a better word, flood Chris May's inbox with this form email from everyone on this board and on twitter who feels the same way.

Let’s do it!

Franchise_08 likes this

3 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I have had extensive conversations with a couple other fans and have come to the following conclusion. I think we, as a fan base need to create a form email, with our position on the matter that the lack of good merchandise is a missed opportunity for the athletic department. Complete with research regarding similar schools merch offerings and schools we aspire to be like. I would like to, for lack of a better word, flood Chris May's inbox with this form email from everyone on this board and on twitter who feels the same way.

31 minutes ago, 4thgenBill said:

Let’s do it!

I’m down. Let’s get it done.

1 minute ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Chris May reads this message board. I’m guessing he’s well aware of the merchandising situation. 

I know this might sound like a hot take, but I’d be pretty surprised if most of higher-ups at SLU didn’t check this board regularly enough to at least know what’s happening here. I’m sure they probably dismiss 99% of it as MBM nonsense, but I’m sure they’re all aware of what’s said here, especially on issues like this. 

Let's form a small committee and get this done.

Multiple prong attack - go after SLU, go after Nike, go after suppliers in Asia

Willing to kick in whatever investment capital is needed on my end.

I’m not sure how easy this would be, or if they’d be willing to do it, but I know at least 1 or 2 former players have talked about wanting SLU gear. We should reach out to as many as we can to see if they’d help with the cause.