? about Eddie Hickey

BLIKNS

Does anyone know if the old coach ever wrote any books?(Like say winning basketball,coaching,etc.)How about Easy Ed?I still think it would be awesome,when the new arena is built,they build 2 statues,on one end, one of Easy Ed, and one of Eddie Hickey,and mention both are members of the basketball Hall of fame!

I watched quite a few practice sessions when Hickey was at SLU...He was very intense...One day they had a scrimmage and Buddy Brehmer was officiating...Buddy (A grad of East St Louis Central Catholic) called a foul on a player and Hickey disagreed with the call, and began to berate Buddy in front of the whole squad...Buddy pulled his whistle off and slammed it to the floor and proceeded to the dressing room... I believe Buddy was on the McCauley squad that won the NIT.

Thanks for the post.Appreciate any info we can get about the Hicey/Easy Ed days.Did you make it to the train station after the Bills won the NIT?P.S.,your post make me feel younger(just kidding,again thanks)

I didn't go to the train station...I was in St Joe's grade school in Freeburg Il....However I was a big Bills fan and took Ed's number (50) for my B-Ball jersey at FCHS...Hickey's 3 lane fast break was the most exciting in the country...The radio discription by Harry Carry was very exciting...T.V. coverage was just starting...One of the local pubs had an 8" screen and they placed a large magnifying glass in front of it so more people could see it...Channel 5 was the only station.

Thanks Big Al.Please keep the post coming.I enjoy reading what info I can regarding Easy Ed and Eddie Hickey.

I remember listening to several games in which Hickey got into a fist fight with the opposing coach. The most notable was Oklahoma A & M (State) coach Hank Iba. Bradley and Oklahoma A & M were probably the two biggest rivalries back then.