the best 52 minutes you'll spend all day

Duff Man

if i remember this game, orlando stewart had a spectacular move near the end of the game that cannot be described. that said, the legend grows as time goes by and i am not taking 52 minutes to watch the entire thing to find the truth. if someone can and then cut out and post that 10 seconds i'd love to see it again.

if i remember this game, orlando stewart had a spectacular move near the end of the game that cannot be described. that said, the legend grows as time goes by and i am not taking 52 minutes to watch the entire thing to find the truth. if someone can and then cut out and post that 10 seconds i'd love to see it again.

Roy, they have this technology now that allows to skip to the point of the game you want to watch.

Roy, they have this technology now that allows to skip to the point of the game you want to watch.

i dont remember what part of the game he did it though. i only recall him driving the lane and i almost pee'd in my pants the move was so good. as far as my memories of orlando stewart, his only positive worth as a billiken. i seem to also recall he has become a guest of the federal govt since then. one of grawer's finer recruits.

the epic sequence following the ill advised Travis Tadysak outlet pass

The Larry Bird-esque steal and run to the corner

Get the ball to Orlando, everybody get the fuok out of the way

you're missing out if you don't watch the whole thing...

That is freaking awesome.

Baby Billiken became teenager Billiken, started hanging out with the wrong crowd, developed a drug problem, and lost interest in sports. Heard he got busted smoking kind bud at the Phish concert last night at Chaifetz.

i dont believe it. the last time i heard, baby billiken was working as the night auditor at the sleep inn in fenton and was busing tables at an ihop in st chucks. really trying to turn his life around and live the american dream. his life coach is skip.

Baby Billiken became teenager Billiken, started hanging out with the wrong crowd, developed a drug problem, and lost interest in sports. Heard he got busted smoking kind bud at the Phish concert last night at Chaifetz.

at one point he moved south and became a drifter...for a while he was holed up at Orlando Stewart's apartment...just getting high all day watching Lando channel Eddie Hazel...

at one point he moved south and became a drifter...for a while he was holed up at Orlando Stewart's apartment...just getting high all day watching Lando channel Eddie Hazel...

Just for those you may not know - this is not the real Orlando Stewart in this video

Tadysak was so bad. Most bad players play within themselves, don't try to do too much. Travis must have thought he was Wilt. Hands made out of granite and zero basketball IQ. We've had some bad centers over the years, some stiffs, guys we thought would do better or could do better. All of them would have played 30 minutes a game for this team. Sekue, Varner, Bickel, Husak would have all started for this team.

Tadysak was so bad. Most bad players play within themselves, don't try to do too much. Travis must have thought he was Wilt. Hands made out of granite and zero basketball IQ. We've had some bad centers over the years, some stiffs, guys we thought would do better or could do better. All of them would have played 30 minutes a game for this team. Sekue, Varner, Bickel, Husak would have all started for this team.

There was nothing quite like Travis Tadysak and faculty member Lisa Schmick often lip locked all over campus. They were attached at the hip whenever Travis was not at practice. Watching those two make out was like watching the Toxic Avenger swarm his prey.

Over the years there have been several people on this board who have said that Grawer wasn't a good x and o coach. Are you shitting me. This game was a masterpiece.

I'm not sure this is a good game to size up Grawer's chops as an in game tactician.

This game certainly reflects well on Grawer, but more for his character than for his brilliance with the Xs and Os. It took some nerve to suspend Footes for this nationally televised game. Granted, he does get props for successfully shortening the game with the 4 corners offense and limiting SIU's inside advantage with the 2-3 zone, but those were tactics employed out of sheer desperation due to a depleted roster.

SLU won this game because

a. their undisciplined shoot-first point guard shot out of his mind

b. SIU had poor shot selection in the first half and let SLU hang around

c. they were lucky as $hit

Grawer's 4 corners strategy worked great in the first half, but in the 2nd half, the offense sputtered, and the bulk of the points they did score were not from any coherent offense, but from the chaotic playground antics of Orlando Stewart. By my count SLU scored less than 10 points in the 2nd half from the half court offense (excluding the plays where Orlando just comes down and scores without passing, and the play where Big Mel hit a smooth baseline jumper like he was Pat Ewing - when Grawer by all accounts did not want him taking that shot).

and let's be real...Rich Herrin is no Pete Gillen...a good coach would not have let the one player who was beating them just hold the ball at mid court like they let Orlando do over and over. A good coach would have employed some kind of half court trap and forced the ball out of Orlando's hands.

Also, in the final minutes Grawer totally coached them not to lose and almost cost them the game...Orlando's magic steal and run to the corner 3 was shot in complete defiance of Grawer who was telling him to reset and milk more clock. When, you're down 1 with 2:30 to play and your best offensive player has an open 3, you take the shot. When someone asks you if you're a god, you say YES!

Then on the next possession they get multiple offensive rebounds and fine themselves with a fresh 45, down 1 with 1:05 to play. Obvious 2 for 1 situation. Grawer clearly calls a play from the sideline, which apparently involved a risky pass into Melvin Robinson who nearly turns it over. They blow the chance for a 2 for 1 and are lucky to even get a shot off (a contested long 2 that Stewart misses).

SIU rebounds and by the time SLU fouls the game clock is down to 17 seconds...but SLU had 3 fouls to give, so the clock ticks down to 12 by the time SIU is forced to shoot a 1 and 1...meanwhile Grawer subs Tadysak (1.74 RPG) in for Skinner (5.63 RPG)...SIU misses the front end, but gets an offensive rebound. Out of sheer luck they miss again, and the rebound goes to Stewart who goes coast to coast and hits a ridiculous playground shot.

If SLU has a timeout remaining, they probably use it...we'll never know if Grawer would have been able to draw up a successful play or not, but he certainly wouldn't have drawn up the play that actually won the game.

Again, give him all the credit in the world for having the balls to suspend Footes in the first place, and for having his undermanned team believing they could beat an oppent than ran them off the court a month earlier. You can't fault Grawer too much when he was forced to play a bunch of guys who weren't used to being out there. This game certainly makes me proud that Grawer was our coach.