Erwin Clagget the next SLUH Coach?

SLUDrew

Tatum would be a much better get. Maybe his kid would attend SLUH.

Clagget has had the talent to win multiple state titles at McCluer and has only gotten out of districts once. Coaching SLUH would be a much bigger challenge for him.

the rumor on the streets here on the east side is that both the east st louis and the belleville east jobs came open when key players and parents complained that the coaches were being a little over bearing on the players. i.e. too much discipline. rumor has it that more than one of the players at the two schools threatened to leave if the coach stayed. what? at the high school level? nonsense.

while i am not a fan of the now departed coaches x's and o's (both teams really played wild and borderline street ball) you cant argue about the results as both teams had good seasons and the two coaches had very good career records at their schools. i think it is sad that a school board doesnt back the coach when the coach was only trying to instill discipline and fairness for all concerned.

Belleville East also opened up the other day, with Malcolm Hill coming back, I would assume there would be interest from both EC and JT if they are looking at the other two jobs.

It would be a complete shock to me if East went out of District for this hire. They have several excellent candidates, with current assistant TJ Posey as the guy I would guess gets the job.

Belleville East also opened up the other day, with Malcolm Hill coming back, I would assume there would be interest from both EC and JT if they are looking at the other two jobs.

I thought Hill was leaving early for college?

I heard that Clagget and Justin Tatum were among the finalists.

Clagget, maybe; surprised if they give it to Tatum.

There are better coaches out there for this job, but the reality is that SLUH may succumb.

Clagget will suddenly get a couple of inner city athletes into the U-High every year w / need based schollies, and, just like that, SLUH contends for MO State in 3 yrs.

Clagget, maybe; surprised if they give it to Tatum.

There are better coaches out there for this job, but the reality is that SLUH may succumb.

Clagget will suddenly get a couple of inner city athletes into the U-High every year w / need based schollies, and, just like that, SLUH contends for MO State in 3 yrs.

Why do you have to inject the race card before Erwin has even coached a season at SLUH? Before throwing out a racist slur, how about waiting to see what sort of team Erwin assembles over at SLUH? I'm very disappointed to read that comment on this board.

I think anyone they hire would be better then Ross but I think they are trying to make a splash with hiring a big name as opposed to the best coach. Claggett will be better then Tatum but I don't think either of them are the best hires. If Tatum was hired I know that a lot of alumni would not be happy with him representing SLUH because of his perceived intelligence, or lack there of. No matter if his son starred there or not. Hope Claggett can turn it around

Why do you have to inject the race card before Erwin has even coached a season at SLUH? Before throwing out a racist slur, how about waiting to see what sort of team Erwin assembles over at SLUH? I'm very disappointed to read that comment on this board.

it's only a racist slur if you're conceding that all thugs are of one race.