Nothing to celebrate this season?

slu72

Thought by now, we'd be reading about some sort of awards ceremony for the team, especially BC and KC. The AD's not going to arrange something that recognizes one of the greatest seasons in Bill's history?

This is discouraging. For everyone that was in Columbus have you ever seen more passion for the Bills? C'mon, man, we're entering a new era for us. Build on it.

Just watched a video about UNC holding a fan appreciation day on outdoor courts at Chapel Hill. Their fans got a chance to get on the court with the Heels. No wonder why Heel fans love their team.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The post season banquet tradition was stopped by majerus. Don't blame chris may. That tradition would resume immediately if majerus allowed it.

That said, it probably is for the best. Rickma probably isnt capable of going an entire banquet and not p!ssing someone off.

Roy's just mad Rick didn't take the SMU cash. He probably had a whole "I told you he was a dick" post ready to go if the word came down that Rick signed with SMU.

He definitely did, and I'd love to see it.

Oh well, I'd rather go to the tourney than some banquet personally.

This.

That said, it probably is for the best. Rickma probably isnt capable of going an entire banquet and not p!ssing someone off.

Cmon, Roy. You're better than this type of petty bullsh!t. Why feed the beast which is your known hatred of Majerus on this board? You obviously know that comments like this just devolve into unnecessary sniping on this board.

Cmon, Roy. You're better than this type of petty bullsh!t. Why feed the beast which is your known hatred of Majerus on this board? You obviously know that comments like this just devolve into unnecessary sniping on this board.

i only speak the truth. slu72 acted as though it was chris may's fault there was no longer a banquet. i know that isnt the case. chris would love nothing better than to honor the players and their families. as to my statement about rickma's "habit" of telling his painful truth about his players in public no matter how painful, i think the past shows i am right on that.

I think that Rick does not want to have the banquet, for whatever reasons he may have. I always attended but am frankly pleased that we no longer have it. I think it was agony for the kids and for many of those in attendance; we came to "support the team". It was not something I looked forward to but something I felt I should attend. To me it is no big deal. If they had it I would go. Just as good with not having it. Time to work in the yard.

i only speak the truth. slu72 acted as though it was chris may's fault there was no longer a banquet. i know that isnt the case. chris would love nothing better than to honor the players and their families. as to my statement about rickma's "habit" of telling his painful truth about his players in public no matter how painful, i think the past shows i am right on that.

I have no problem with your first post. Your second post was nothing but a spiteful little aside for you to say something mean about Majerus. It is those types of posts that tend to start the unnecessary sh!tstorms between you and the rest of the board. If this devolves into something like that again, well you have nobody to blame but yourself. Nobody 'baited' you into it this time.

Y'know ..... a banquet is not exactly a real fan-friendly, team-builder kind of event. It kind of creates an adversarial perception (those guys on the stage, us-versus-them, the haves and the have nots, etc.) situation where folks don't really listen to what is said unless TuTu and Marky-Mark are your guest speakers discussing the benefits of gansta-dom worldwide. For every guy you honor, you run the equal risk of pissing him or his family or someone else off.

Notice what UNC did. They had a get together outside on the public courts with a mingle and mix thing. Someone else talked about the year in review article. What's wrong with a posty-season pep rally ala the preseason Meet the Team Night?

I'm with jbizz, roy. The first post was good fact and info; the second was opinion. Majerus is a script writer's worst nightmare --- a guy who doesn't use one and talks off the cuff. See: Guillen, Ozzie. And then search: Castro, Fidel.

They had a fanfest last April where they had free food and the players did little drills with the kids and then Majerus talked to the crowd. No reason not to do that again in my opinion. We had a way better season and you have to keep the excitement going.

Ive been waiting for a year in review artice in the paper it would be nice to see something about how every thing came together this year. I guess they wont be having one.

We were going to do a big piece on how the tourney run proved that SLU actually still belonged in the Valley, but we got distracted by that big announcement about the Webster U. chess team.

Roy's just mad Rick didn't take the SMU cash. He probably had a whole "I told you he was a dick" post ready to go if the word came down that Rick signed with SMU.

roy longs for the days when we had a coach who signed guys like Morris and Alexander who couldn't even get into school and the likes of Obi, Horace and the F-er from Minnesota, while passing on future NBA players Ahearn and Harrellson. The kind of coach you could always count on for middle of the pack A-10 finishes, no media buzz and saving scholarships. It was all good because we had a coach who mingled with small time boosters and had a postseason banquet!!!

These are the types of conversations that pop up in the off-season and make for a long off-season. I'm glad the Blues are in the playoffs and will hopefully get out of the first round. The Cardinals have started off well and new management and coaching for the Rams will at least be interesting. Without a Canada trip this summer, the long wait till next season will seem even longer.

These are the types of conversations that pop up in the off-season and make for a long off-season. I'm glad the Blues are in the playoffs and will hopefully get out of the first round. The Cardinals have started off well and new management and coaching for the Rams will at least be interesting. Without a Canada trip this summer, the long wait till next season will seem even longer.

-i think tonka is advocating a return to what for a short time was a friday staple on the board.....

I would rather have an NCAA Tournament season and no banquet than a banquet after a bad season. I was there for the 2005 one, my senior year. I've had more fun at funerals.

roy longs for the days when we had a coach who signed guys like Morris and Alexander who couldn't even get into school and the likes of Obi, Horace and the F-er from Minnesota, while passing on future NBA players Ahearn and Harrellson. The kind of coach you could always count on for middle of the pack A-10 finishes, no media buzz and saving scholarships. It was all good because we had a coach who mingled with small time boosters and had a postseason banquet!!!

i disagree with that. i long for the days where we have it all. academics and on court success for our student athletes. not just one or two players.

at least the prior many years, we didnt let in players like cotto, thompson, reed, jordan etc (all at one time) that probably had no business being allowed into college let alone slu and then jeopardizing our teams academic standing. if players dont get in, they dont count against our APR. not sure why Ace keeps bringing up players years past that didnt get into slu as an argument for academic integrity now. you might want to work on your logic skills Ace.