Scoop on Newborne

I talked with a person - a reliable source - who said the hold up with Newborne's signing announcement is that JUCCOs need 48 hours of classes towards their major. He has well over the number of total hours needed and has good grades but he has 46 hours that definitely can be placed toward his major but there is one 3 hour class that they are waiting to get a ruling on if it qualifies. According to source, the coaching staff feels pretty confident that it will work out but they simply want to wait until they have the formal approval which should come anyday. My guess is that this approval is probably more a SLU thing then NCAA - does anybody know for certain? If it is a SLU thing then I have two words - Craig Upchurch.

Brandon Morris....the fact that he was not eligible at SLU but immediately eligible at UW-GB shows that while we are on even par with other schools for highschool kids we are clearly at a disadvantage for JUCOS.

boy to hear this about newborne sure puts an additional damper on hopes. sure it is one class. but let's not forget as kshoe points out, it was one class for brandon morris as well. sighhhhhhh