New Assistant Coach?

Have I missed something or is RM not interviewing for this position? I was under the impression that Crews was a one year only hire and did not do any recruiting. I would have thought we would have heard something about this hire by now - can somebody fill be in?

if i was slu, i would not switch coaches until the month (i am thinking it is may or june) where coaches cannot recruit per the ncaa. it would be the perfect time to changeover.

if i was slu, i would not switch coaches until the month (i am thinking it is may or june) where coaches cannot recruit per the ncaa. it would be the perfect time to changeover.

Good point. We may not hear something official for several months. RM has had a lot of time to prepare for this. If he doesn't already have somebody lined up, I suspect he at least has it narrowed down to a few viable candidates.

Good point. We may not hear something official for several month. RM has had a lot of time to prepare for this. If he doesn't already have somebody lined up, I suspect he at least has it narrowed down to a few viable candidates.

plus if his new assistant isnt "hired" until later, up until then that "candidate' isnt under the guidelines of the ncaa. i.e. can do whatever he wants to follow prospective recruits since that coach wouldnt actually be officially representing any particular school.

i dont agree with that practice, but i recognize that the huggy bear method is now fairly common.

The school's fiscal year should not be relevant in regards to this issue. Crew's contract should have been structured to end when the season ends. Why pay somebody for 3 months when they are leaving anyway and are not having an impact on your current recruiting efforts. I will buy the idea that RM may have the person in mind and is simply waiting but my question is what is to be gained from that since would you not think he would be hiring a younger coach to do more of the leg work not somebody who is at the end of his career.