katz has Bills near top 25

I could easily see us beating 65% of the teams he listed as top 25. Did he not watch the MSU game at all? We hit just 2 more of the many wide open 3s we had and we're in the sweet 16. Or another way to look at it, take Green out of MSU's lineup, we win by double digits. I know folks on here will say, "how do you take Green out of the lineup", well he's graduating this year and they're still listed in the top 15. BC's leaving us as well, but even w/o him I think we could take MSU with who we'd have left on the floor.

I am hoping that when Izzo said to RM, "call me." He wants to set up a home and home w/ us. Izzo's not afraid to play anyone, so maybe this game is doable. Damn, October seems a long way off.

I could easily see us beating 65% of the teams he listed as top 25. Did he not watch the MSU game at all?

Katz has generally given us favorable coverage during the Majerus era. We are losing Conklin, our sole post presence and leading scorer. I think we will need to prove to the national media that we are an improved team despite this loss. Now, if we landed Swopshire and he was immediately eligible, then we get instant cred from the national media. I think we would be ranked at the start of the season with Swopshire.

our OOC schedule will include #3 Kansas and a near top 25 New Mexico team minimum

Don't forget UW as well. The Huskies will be no easy W at home. Still, would like to see us add a power like MSU to the OOC.

As for replacing BC, even w/o the longshot of getting Swopshire, I think we'll be ok if:

1.) CE's inside game improves

2.) RL plays physical as he showed at times

3.) Manning is what RM says he can be

4.) Glaze comes along

5.) DE develops a nice mid range jumper

Actually, we could be improved on the inside, no slam on BC whatsoever, if all the above comes to pass.

How can we discuss the possible replacements for BC without mentioning Remekun? I know he has been an enigma and has at times regressed right when he seems to be on the doorstep of becoming a real constributor, but this kid is about twice the "athlete" that BC was and if he can get it together could be a real force inside.

I'd agree about GG. He was a UNLV recruit and they're known for recruiting athletes. I apologize for leaving out CR as a possible BC clone. But he is an enigma wrapped within an enigma. At the end of his FR year he was showing progress. Then a nothing SO year. Then an up and down JR year. Why? He's been in the system for 3 years he ought to have grasped it by now and shown some consistency. But he does play better D than BC, and is probably a better rebounder, he needs to develop his offensive skills. I don't think we need our inside guy to be a 14 ppg man, because our guards and CE should provide most of our scoring punch next season, but we do need a guy with BC's toughness and the ability to be a threat to score.

How can we discuss the possible replacements for BC without mentioning Remekun? I know he has been an enigma and has at times regressed right when he seems to be on the doorstep of becoming a real constributor, but this kid is about twice the "athlete" that BC was and if he can get it together could be a real force inside.

Agreed. I feel CR is going to kick some ass next year.

The gap is that we need a post up front liner, with back to the basket.

Who can do that now that Conklin is gone? 14 ppg was important, but also the threat of it diluted our opponents defensive pressure.

He was the biggest difference for us this year, sure, many stepped up, but Conklin provided that option (plus he was a leader and a banger, etc.)

But, the post up back to the basket threat is the void.

So, now, who? Have any of the aforementioned demonstrated that skill?

Question somebody needs to ask: Will KC get significant playing time?

Yes: Rick loves him. JB does not take next step. He is as good as advertised aka Andre Miller part 2. Injuries.

No: Getting Manning-type hype from Rick. JB steps up. Polk effect. Kwamain dominates.

Question somebody needs to ask: Will KC get significant playing time?

Yes: Rick loves him. JB does not take next step. He is as good as advertised aka Andre Miller part 2. Injuries.

No: Getting Manning-type hype from Rick. JB steps up. Polk effect. Kwamain dominates.

In my mind, there are only 3 ways that KC gets major (i.e. over 20) minutes a game.

1) one of the 3 amigos gets hurts (or isn't availble next year)

2) Nobody steps up at the 4 spot and Evans has to play 4 and we go to a 3 guard offense.

3) KC is a terrific player and is better than upperclassman KM, MM and JJ. If that is the case, then WHOA!

Evans is going to play 30 minutes a game as long as he stays out of foul trouble. Even if 10 of those are at the 4 spot, that means there is only 100 minutes left for the 1, 2 and 3 spots. With KM, MM and JJ all deserving of 30 minutes a game, I have a lot of trouble seeing KC getting more than 10, absent one of the three things above.

In my mind, there are only 3 ways that KC gets major (i.e. over 20) minutes a game.

1) one of the 3 amigos gets hurts (or isn't availble next year)

2) Nobody steps up at the 4 spot and Evans has to play 4 and we go to a 3 guard offense.

3) KC is a terrific player and is better than upperclassman KM, MM and JJ. If that is the case, then WHOA!

Evans is going to play 30 minutes a game as long as he stays out of foul trouble. Even if 10 of those are at the 4 spot, that means there is only 100 minutes left for the 1, 2 and 3 spots. With KM, MM and JJ all deserving of 30 minutes a game, I have a lot of trouble seeing KC getting more than 10, absent one of the three things above.

Agreed kshoe

But, the post up back to the basket threat is the void.

So, now, who? Have any of the aforementioned demonstrated that skill?

CE, CR and RL have all demonstrated it at times. I'm not saying that we'll just dump the ball down low to any of them and they'll take over, but each of those 3 have demonstrated it.

-do we need to replace all of BC's 14pts if we defend and rebound better? i say that hoping JM at 6'11" can do both

I don't think any 1 of our bigs needs to replicate the 14pts, but as a group, I think they will need to command the same type of respect on both ends of the court as BC did. I think they will.

What a change! I remember when I first started reading and posting on this board,would we be able to find a couple of players to signor whould we hold the scholy open just in case someone became available. Are we being spoiled now that we all ready have a full team for next season??

Just reflecting...................