wildcat fans celebrate!!

This news made it over the Pacific to find me here in Tokyo: a grim reminder of the dark underbelly of "March Madness"! I don't have anyone to tell over here, so I thought I would bring it to the attention of billikens.com....

Reminds me of the several student riots up in E. Lansing, about 5 blocks from my house, circa mid- to late 90s: turning over cars, smashing windows, and setting furniture on fire in the middle of streets.

How is this playing on the networks back home? I wonder how it's playing with CBS?

Fans back in Lexington, Ky., rioted in the streets following the Kentucky Wildcats’ Final Four win tonight over the Louisville Cardinals, according to the independent student newspaper The Kentucky Kernel.

The Kernel reports that cars were flipped, windows were smashed and multiple fires were started on State Street shortly after UK’s 69-61 win at the Superdome in New Orleans. Police were forced to release pepper spray on a crowd that included fans on top of cars.

A couch fire was reported at Rose and Maxwell streets shortly after 9 p.m.; several others started shortly thereafter. A police scanner reported an injury from a beer bottle on Conn Terrace as well.

The thing that has the locals buzzing in New Orleans is the use of hand signs by the Ky team. These are not vague signs that can be misinterpreted as fun gestures but the sign of the Bloods gang. Their fan base not only uses them but wear t shirts with the symbols. New Orleans police shudder when they see thousands of visiting fans using the signs of crime, violence and drugs in their city...not to mention the glorification of these hoodlums. Is this what an institution of higher learning should represent? ...with no graduates in their program in sight it is truly winning at all costs.

The thing that has the locals buzzing in New Orleans is the use of hand signs by the Ky team. These are not vague signs that can be misinterpreted as fun gestures but the sign of the Bloods gang. Their fan base not only uses them but wear t shirts with the symbols. New Orleans police shudder when they see thousands of visiting fans using the signs of crime, violence and drugs in their city...not to mention the glorification of these hoodlums. Is this what an institution of higher learning should represent? ...with no graduates in their program in sight it is truly winning at all costs.

How is Kentucky not at risk with their APR?

How is Kentucky not at risk with their APR?

The APR doesn't measure academic progress. Rather it measures a schools willingness to pass players for the minimum required number of classes before they leave the school.

Wiz you should have posted your updated rankings before the tourney!!! I picked Ohio St. based off them, I would have won my pool (when Kentucky wins) if I would have picked KY.

@SSG.... as for the picks... the computer had Ky by 6 1/2 over Lville but I went against it trying to outsmarted the pool...fail...on the Oh St/Kan I had osu by 2...that didn't work....I was showing OSU & KY even...would have been a good game...So instead.....Ky by2 over Kan.

1999 - Notre Dame v. Michigan - ND WR Bobby Brown scores a late go-ahead TD for the Irish and flashes the Omega Psi Phi fraternity salute towards his brother in the stands in Ann Arbor and the refs flag him for "taunting."

ND has to kick off from the 20, Michigan gets great field position, scores and wins the game. Ever since then, it's been a Catch-22 for officials. Some of these hand gestures are simply that. Some of them have a deeper and perhaps threatening meaning. If you call one, you have to call them all and officials aren't willing to do that. I still remember that game being the beginning of the end of the Bob Davie Era. He basically threw Brown under the bus after the game.

You would think any real Bloods would sign with a team that wears red. A bunch of Crips wearing blue? Seems like their skin would melt or something.