Pics of the new guy.....if he is indeed a new guy

TheGoat

of 7.5 rebounds per game and about 50% of them on the offensive end, He and Frericks would bequite a tandem......When is the last time SLU had two rebounders averaging around seven boards per game?? Add in Ian, IO, JJ and Husak for supporting cast of extra minutes.....I think this is a nice frontline....not McD all american but solid....

also just on stats and peoples descriptions, VN resemble Muhamed from GT although a bit taller?? Anyone seen him in action??

Luke Meyer has been described by many as a good shooter good defender, a little slown not a great leaper, but score in and out of the paint......at 6 5 is he a short Larry Bird??

I don't expect VN to average 7 rebounds next year. Chipola's average score this year was 80 to 62, while SLU was 62 to 60. I expect VN will help us a lot on the boards but I don't think his JUCO stats will transfer over directly to next year.

i agree with slublue. billiken basketball doesnt have near the attempts per game a typical juco game does. if anyone has ever seen a juco game, defense isnt the rule, but more something to do until it is their turn to run again. the point is, getting up and down the floor will result in a lot more shots which translatees into missed shots which turn into rebounds. i am betting he will not top chris sloans 4.8 per game rebound average.

If he is under 21 his parents and/or guardian have to also sign the LOI. Since classes are still in session he may have come straight from school and back to school again in Florida. His hometown is in Mississippi so this may be a reason the LOI hasn't hit SLU yet.

the recruiting websites have all reported it as a done deal. so i agree the only reason it hasnt been announced by slu is the actual paperwork hasnt been received yet. newborne has apparently "verbally" committed to slu.

I would expect, to get about the same as what we got from TF. TF averaged 7.8 at Chipola, VN average around 7.5. TF playing only 20 minutes pergame averaged 6.0 per game.....certainly limited by foul and injury problems......if VN ives us about the same, it will be and improvement on CS, with no slight to Chris.....

A presence on the offensive end would be wonderful....