The State of Billiken Nation

You are comparing SLU NCAA basketball to FIFA global soccer? Oh yes, you never took college finance, this is not an "apple to apple" comparison. In fact, it is a ridiculous comparison.

Say, explain how we are # 1 and # 2 in so many sports but # 27 in soccer... behind little Ireland, Ghana, Greece, Cote D'Ivoire (wtf is that?), Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, etc....

We'd kill them in football, baseball, boxing, hockey, swimming, track and field, boxing, most all of the big name sports. Why # 27? Explain, Skip.

It's Ivory Coast. Look it up. If I'm reading you correctly they have the exact type of team you want us to have.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm perplexed why you all are having a stupid argument about soccer when the above video is available to watch. Take a look. It's incredible!

Jimbo, please add some of your finest pictures/videos to cleanse this thread of its awfulness. Thank you.

Are you really as mentally challenged as you come accross? Or is your billikens.com persona just a sick joke?

The USA is ranked higher against the rest of the world in the sports you mentioned than they are in soccer. Did anyone ever say they weren't. All we are saying is they aren't as bad as you make them out to be. They are in the top 15% in the world in their sport and have some good games against the best in the world and yet you think that makes them so bad it's ridiculous to enjoy watching them and to root for them. However over the last 10 years the Billikens have rarely been in the top 15% of their sport, but to you it makes perfect sense to root for them. That is the comparison I was making which I'm sure was clear to everyone except you. WTF would taking college finance have to do with what we are talking about? Oh nevermind, I'm sure you will have some twisted way rationalizing it.

Not too sharp, are you.

You compare Billiken hoops at # 30 or so to USA soccer at # 27? No logic exists to your approach, though jbizzle will support you, of course.

It is not an even close to an apples to apples comparison, by any means.

Are The Billikens # 1 in football, baseball, hockey, track and field, etc? No.

USA has 320 million people (not including illegals) and abundant resources, Da-Love's broke ass Ivory Coast has 20 million. Ireland 6 has million (all worthless).

Etc.

Stupid comparison based on emotion. You are a youth soccer coach, good, but lets look at reality.

Billsmajic is right, this is a SLU hoops thread, Go Bills. Some usasoccerlosers started with the soccer cr*appola. I had to enforce the true reality. No more outa me, have fun Skip.

(Ghana?)

Not too sharp, are you.

You compare Billiken hoops at # 30 or so to USA soccer at # 27? No logic exists to your approach, though jbizzle will support you, of course.

It is not an even close to an apples to apples comparison, by any means.

Are The Billikens # 1 in football, baseball, hockey, track and field, etc? No.

USA has 320 million people (not including illegals) and abundant resources, Da-Love's broke ass Ivory Coast has 20 million. Ireland 6 has million (all worthless).

Etc.

Stupid comparison based on emotion. You are a youth soccer coach, good, but lets look at reality.

Billsmajic is right, this is a SLU hoops thread, Go Bills. Some usasoccerlosers started with the soccer cr*appola. I had to enforce the true reality. No more outa me, have fun Skip.

(Ghana?)

Dude, nobody had even made any soccer related posts to this thread for 3 DAYS until your drunk a$$ came on last night and started this sh!t all over again. You could have let this alone, but nope, you wanted to keep it rolling because you absolutely fuoking love the attention. Also, you seem to be the person who feels he has to have the last word. Which explains why you constantly end posts with statements that 'this is the last you will hear from me on the subject' (though that is NEVER the case.)

Once again, if you HATE soccer, and especially USA soccer, so much, why do you spend so much time writing about it on this board? Considering you paint yourself as an ultra-right conservative, it also seems rather strange that you would so openly root against and denigrate our national soccer team on such a consistent basis. It comes across as damn un-patriotic. Basically, I just think you hate America, MB73.