Jordair Jett!

Tonka

Over here in North Carolina, my son is obsessed with the ACC teams so hasn't paid much attention to the Bills. Over the past couple of months, he gotten very interested and calls me to ask how they're doing. During Friday night's game, he called me and said "Who's that # 5 guy? What an athlete!"

I told him about Jordair being an athlete deluxe who the play by play guy calls "JJ the jet plane." Couple of minutes later after some JJ rebounds he called me back to say he understood where the nickname came from. His hops really are amazing. Anyone know his vertical? Got to be 44" or more.

Over here in North Carolina, my son is obsessed with the ACC teams so hasn't paid much attention to the Bills. Over the past couple of months, he gotten very interested and calls me to ask how they're doing. During Friday night's game, he called me and said "Who's that # 5 guy? What an athlete!"

I know I've said this on here before, but I have had a very similar experience to you. After taking a few neutral fans to SLU games this year, the guy they all ask about during or after the game is Jett. It's always, "Where did you find him?" and "Man, [whatever school they cheer for] could really use a guy like that" and "He gets after it on defense" and "He's involved in every play" and so forth. And in those games, he was never the leading scorer or anything like that. He's just so active on both ends, disruptive on the defensive end, and energetic througout the entire game despite having maybe the steadiest on-court demeanor of anyone on the floor. He'll be an all-time fan favorite.

I took a butler student/fan to the temple game this year, told him to keep an eye on jett, told him about his hang time. He said he will believe it when he sees is (because hes 6'1) right when he said that boom, jett flies off into the sky and blocked the hell out of a temple player. his jaw dropped..

I really like our whole team but when we got to see the game at Chaifetz, JJ became my favorite player. WOW! What an athlete. I agree I would love to see him work hard on his jump shot. With a 44" vertical I am surprised I have not seen Jordair dunk the ball more. Bear in mind I don't get to see all the games living here in South FL. How about an alley oop play!

I agree 100%. While watching with my buddy who isn't a SLU follower he thought he was our main guy. As I said before

I think JJ will be huge next year. He showed up big time in both tournament games, and looked more confident than ever. Safe to say our back court will be the best in the A 10 next season?

I have been hard on JJ and used to engage in the mid-range game" debate on the anti-JJ side. But despite that, I never questioned his defense and his level-headed play. His FT shooting has improved so much that he is almost aces now on the line no matter the time. Can he improve? Suire, but I do not find myself cringing when he's headed to the line. This seemed to come on late. Here to good, hard work paying off.

Now, he has to be more of an option on offense to stay in the game. I know he seems to prefer the drive and that's fine, but the 10- to 15-footer can use improvement. Yes, he made a three aginst Michigan State (thank god it was so needed) and a stop-n-pop pull up but he cannot stay as rare a shooter as he is now. Pound for pound, size against size, he is our best athlete. Followed by Remekun. Followed by Evans.

He certainly iu sno shooting guard. That leaves the point but he has to take/make more than he has shown a preference for. If not, he sees defenses like the one Majerus used against Appling ..... with Evans dropping back into the paint, daring him to shoot.

I thought JJ would leave. I thought with Mitchell back, coupled with McCall, Barnett and Cassity, JJ was odd man out. Barnett failed and Cassity became the one on the outside looking in. I am really glad it went that way and JJ stayed and proved me wrong.

I have been hard on JJ and used to engage in the mid-range game" debate on the anti-JJ side. But despite that, I never questioned his defense and his level-headed play. His FT shooting has improved so much that he is almost aces now on the line no matter the time. Can he improve? Suire, but I do not find myself cringing when he's headed to the line. This seemed to come on late. Here to good, hard work paying off.

Now, he has to be more of an option on offense to stay in the game. I know he seems to prefer the drive and that's fine, but the 10- to 15-footer can use improvement. Yes, he made a three aginst Michigan State (thank god it was so needed) and a stop-n-pop pull up but he cannot stay as rare a shooter as he is now. Pound for pound, size against size, he is our best athlete. Followed by Remekun. Followed by Evans.

He certainly iu sno shooting guard. That leaves the point but he has to take/make more than he has shown a preference for. If not, he sees defenses like the one Majerus used against Appling ..... with Evans dropping back into the paint, daring him to shoot.

I thought JJ would leave. I thought with Mitchell back, coupled with McCall, Barnett and Cassity, JJ was odd man out. Barnett failed and Cassity became the one on the outside looking in. I am really glad it went that way and JJ stayed and proved me wrong.

i kept saying during the MSU game that jordair was our appling, to make my MSU friends feel better. but he kept hitting free throws, hit that beautiful, crazy 15-foot runner from the left baseline, even hit a three. my buddy yelled in my face, "I THOUGHT YOU SAID THAT SON OF A ***** CAN'T SHOOT!!!" couldn't help but smile. of course appling had a great game as well. ho well.

oh, and he was obviously a maniac on defense. 3 hard fought steals, and a fourth that he was fouled on and lost. also plenty of comments on his ups. JJ is the dude.

i kept saying during the MSU game that jordair was our appling, to make my MSU friends feel better. but he kept hitting free throws, hit that beautiful, crazy 15-foot runner from the left baseline, even hit a three. my buddy yelled in my face, "I THOUGHT YOU SAID THAT SON OF A ***** CAN'T SHOOT!!!" couldn't help but smile. of course appling had a great game as well. ho well.

oh, and he was obviously a maniac on defense. 3 hard fought steals, and a fourth that he was fouled on and lost. also plenty of comments on his ups. JJ is the dude.

True story.

During the first half of the game, I noticed that Evans was playing way off of Appling. This continued. So during one possession when Appling had the ball, I turn to my wife and say, 'Evans is playing way off of Appling and daring him to shoot from long range. Appling is not a good long range shooter.' 3 seconds later, Appling drills a jumper from just inside the arc. I was immediately shot a death glare from the missus and told that I need to shut the hell up the rest of the game.

I saw the strategy early. Turned to the guy behind me with the Wiz and noted it. Appling made us pay in the long run. Draymont Green is/was an all-american and seemed to do what he wanted at will, but Appling making that three and going 6 of 11 from the floor --- he outscored Green 19 to 16 --- killed us. But one theory is to make someone else beat you, and in th elong run, he did.

I still think it was a great game plan.

True story.

During the first half of the game, I noticed that Evans was playing way off of Appling. This continued. So during one possession when Appling had the ball, I turn to my wife and say, 'Evans is playing way off of Appling and daring him to shoot from long range. Appling is not a good long range shooter.' 3 seconds later, Appling drills a jumper from just inside the arc. I was immediately shot a death glare from the missus and told that I need to shut the hell up the rest of the game.

She seems too nice to shoot death glares. She really gets into the game !