RM's game plan?

slu72

Thinking about this game, and it's gonna be a toughie but we don't need a miracle as that will come against KY who looked absolutely unbeatable last night, my guess is RM will try and neutralize MSU's interior toughness by us playing CE and RL together along with BC. Feed it into BC for kickouts to the kids from down under and pray they can hit their 3s.

Thinking about this game, and it's gonna be a toughie but we don't need a miracle as that will come against KY who looked absolutely unbeatable last night, my guess is RM will try and neutralize MSU's interior toughness by us playing CE and RL together along with BC. Feed it into BC for kickouts to the kids from down under and pray they can hit their 3s.

Had not considered that option, '72. Can't remember those three playing together this season. I'm not sure how we'd match up defensively with that lineup, plus we would be without Evans on the boards. That said, Rick is not afraid to try something new (triangle & 2 vs. Arizona in '98), so you never know.

Assuming no foul trouble, I'd expect to see Conk get 37 mins only coming out for a three minute first half run for Cory. I also expect to see either Loe or Ellis on the floor at all times to counteract their size. Also, I doubt we go with three guards more than 5-6 mins total and that's only to keep Dwayne as fresh as possible.

Hoping Kwam can go for 37 minutes as well with JJ and Mike splitting the rest.

Assuming no foul trouble, I'd expect to see Conk get 37 mins only coming out for a three minute first half run for Cory. I also expect to see either Loe or Ellis on the floor at all times to counteract their size. Also, I doubt we go with three guards more than 5-6 mins total and that's only to keep Dwayne as fresh as possible.

Hoping Kwam can go for 37 minutes as well with JJ and Mike splitting the rest.

Yep, bench is gonna be short today