Do any of these teams scare you?

8 Michigan State 20-5 588 9 Georgetown 19-5 476 10 Baylor 21-4 464 11 UNLV 22-4 455 12 Florida 19-6 388 13 Marquette 21-5 386 14 Murray State 24-1 359 15 San Diego State 20-4 284 16 Saint Mary's 23-3 274 17 Wisconsin 19-6 255 18 Louisville 20-5 236 19 Michigan 19-7 190 20 Indiana 19-6 188 21 Florida State 17-7 145 22 Virginia 19-5 134 23 Mississippi State 19-6 95 24 Gonzaga 20-4 84 25 Notre Dame 17-8 76

I left out the Top 7 teams on purpose b/c I want people to focus on the bottom two thirds of the "good" teams. This is the coaches poll. I can honestly say that none of the teams scare me, and I think we could beat any of them on a neutral court. The ones that I think would be really tough matchups are Baylor and Georgetown. UNLV would be a pretty tough game as well....but teams like Gonzaga, ND, Marquette, Wisconsin.....they are all teams I think we would beat.

Some games I look forward to this week... Notre Dame has to go on the road to Nova. Would love to see Nova knock them out of the Top 25. Wichita State is top 25 in the Poll, but they have to go on the road to Davidson. Loyola Marymount gets St. Mary's, but it is on the road. Highly-ranked UNLV plays at New Mexico. Temple goes on the road to Bonawelding. As much as I hate the Bonnies, they need to step up and help us out. And over the next two weeks, I will really be rooting against the teams ranked around 18-25 and the teams "receiving votes." I really want to see the Bills climb back into the Top 25.

8 Michigan State 20-5 588 9 Georgetown 19-5 476 10 Baylor 21-4 464 11 UNLV 22-4 455 12 Florida 19-6 388 13 Marquette 21-5 386 14 Murray State 24-1 359 15 San Diego State 20-4 284 16 Saint Mary's 23-3 274 17 Wisconsin 19-6 255 18 Louisville 20-5 236 19 Michigan 19-7 190 20 Indiana 19-6 188 21 Florida State 17-7 145 22 Virginia 19-5 134 23 Mississippi State 19-6 95 24 Gonzaga 20-4 84 25 Notre Dame 17-8 76

I left out the Top 7 teams on purpose b/c I want people to focus on the bottom two thirds of the "good" teams. This is the coaches poll. I can honestly say that none of the teams scare me, and I think we could beat any of them on a neutral court. The ones that I think would be really tough matchups are Baylor and Georgetown. UNLV would be a pretty tough game as well....but teams like Gonzaga, ND, Marquette, Wisconsin.....they are all teams I think we would beat.

All of these teams could beat us, and we could beat any of them. I'm betting if you went on their message boards and asked if they were afraid of SLU, you'd get a big Hell No! I'm so fired up for the next 5-6 weeks. It's my favorite time of the year in sports, and it's great to have the Bills involved. It's going to be really fun!

Honestly, a lot of them scare me. The way I see it, I worry about X at home, even though they aren't as strong. So most of these teams at a neutral site would be tough. Believe me, I'm guzzling the kool-aid, but I think we'd have to play damn near perfect to beat Michigan St, Gtown, Baylor, Louisville, Fla St, UNLV, Fla, Marq, Wisc and Ind. The rest I would feel like we have a better shot at beating. In all reality, we're looking at a ~10 seed. Most 6-7-8 seeds would be teams right around our talent level, and near the bottom of the top 25. Game 2 against the 2-3 seeds (assuming they win first round) is where we will get a TRUE test of what this team really is. Unfortunately, that is going to be the only true test this team will see for the remaining of this year. Even X at home, and whoever we face in Atlantic City will not serve as a benchmark for the Bills compared to a top 15 team.

Honestly, a lot of them scare me. The way I see it, I worry about X at home, even though they aren't as strong. So most of these teams at a neutral site would be tough. Believe me, I'm guzzling the kool-aid, but I think we'd have to play damn near perfect to beat Michigan St, Gtown, Baylor, Louisville, Fla St, UNLV, Fla, Marq, Wisc and Ind. The rest I would feel like we have a better shot at beating. In all reality, we're looking at a ~10 seed. Most 6-7-8 seeds would be teams right around our talent level, and near the bottom of the top 25. Game 2 against the 2-3 seeds (assuming they win first round) is where we will get a TRUE test of what this team really is. Unfortunately, that is going to be the only true test this team will see for the remaining of this year. Even X at home, and whoever we face in Atlantic City will not serve as a benchmark for the Bills compared to a top 15 team.

Disagree with two points - don't think we're looking at a 10 seed if we win out. And Temple in AC will be a really good test (as will Xavier playing for their life at the Fetz or in AC)

Some games I look forward to this week... Notre Dame has to go on the road to Nova. Would love to see Nova knock them out of the Top 25. Wichita State is top 25 in the Poll, but they have to go on the road to Davidson. Loyola Marymount gets St. Mary's, but it is on the road. Highly-ranked UNLV plays at New Mexico. Temple goes on the road to Bonawelding. As much as I hate the Bonnies, they need to step up and help us out. And over the next two weeks, I will really be rooting against the teams ranked around 18-25 and the teams "receiving votes." I really want to see the Bills climb back into the Top 25.

Wichita State is really good. I wouldn't want any part of them in the tournament.

Disagree with two points - don't think we're looking at a 10 seed if we win out. And Temple in AC will be a really good test (as will Xavier playing for their life at the Fetz or in AC)

I agree we won't be a 10 if we win out. But, I don't have us winning out. I have us losing at least one more regular season, and unless we win the A10 conf title (which we could, but I'm not expecting) - looking at 2 more losses pre-madness. That still might get us better than a ten, but I'm thinking no better than 8-9. That's why I am estimating around a 10.

I agree we won't be a 10 if we win out. But, I don't have us winning out. I have us losing at least one more regular season, and unless we win the A10 conf title (which we could, but I'm not expecting) - looking at 2 more losses pre-madness. That still might get us better than a ten, but I'm thinking no better than 8-9. That's why I am estimating around a 10.

Yeah, that's probably about right if we lose a couple more

They all scare me. We have a good team, but we are rightfully not in the top 15. I think we can hang with most anybody, but this team has not sold me on consistency. I think we can go out and look like a sure thing (vs Washington) or look like we're lucky to be here (LaSalle). I'm absolutely thrilled we went 2-0 in Philly and am enjoying this ride as much as the next guy, but I am not ready to say we shouldn't have some concerns about the teams you list or that we are better than they are.

None of these teams really scare me. Outside Syracuse, Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, and Ohio State, I think SLU can play and beat any other team in the country, and I'm not conceding anything against those five either. Sure there would be certain teams that would be matchup problems, but SLU plays tough defense and has a great Coach. The key to winning is if SLU can hit its shots.

There's no doubt in my mind that SLU is better than St. Mary's. SLU may not have the same basketball name, but I think SLU would beat Gonzaga too on a neutral floor. These WCC teams don't see a team playing defense like SLU plays.

They all scare me. We have a good team, but we are rightfully not in the top 15. I think we can hang with most anybody, but this team has not sold me on consistency. I think we can go out and look like a sure thing (vs Washington) or look like we're lucky to be here (LaSalle). I'm absolutely thrilled we went 2-0 in Philly and am enjoying this ride as much as the next guy, but I am not ready to say we shouldn't have some concerns about the teams you list or that we are better than they are.

I agree. Hopefully the Bills are more focused on beating Richmond than we are on making the Final Four.

None of these teams really scare me. Outside Syracuse, Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, and Ohio State, I think SLU can play and beat any other team in the country, and I'm not conceding anything against those five either. Sure there would be certain teams that would be matchup problems, but SLU plays tough defense and has a great Coach. The key to winning is if SLU can hit its shots.

There's no doubt in my mind that SLU is better than St. Mary's. SLU may not have the same basketball name, but I think SLU would beat Gonzaga too on a neutral floor. These WCC teams don't see a team playing defense like SLU plays.

If the NCAA doesn't dictate a SLU matchup with Mizzou (I doubt it will), then I'd love to get Notre Dame on a neutral or even semi-neutral floor.

give us the right seed, like a 6, and we make the sweet 16 for sure. after that, we're shooting craps with house money. I love that Rick Majerus is our coach and can game-plan as well as anyone.

Many of you posters have us already in the NCAA tournament and there are still games to play on the court and not on this board. Some have us already beating Richmond who beat Temple. We have the ability to beat the rest of the teams on the schedule but two of them are on the road. Some top 25 teams lost to unrated teams on the road. If for some reason we don't finish the season on a high note, some will be blasting any player who does not play well. It would be wise to concentrate on beating Richmond and after that the next team. I'm expecting Xavier will be very difficult to beat even here, unless we get our offense untracked. Our good defense will take us only so far. We need more consistency from our offense. If we average 70 points or more as we did earlier, then I believe we will win out. The selection committee may not be as high on the Billikens as we are, especially if we lose at least three more games and don't make it to the A10 tournament championship game.

Many of you posters have us already in the NCAA tournament and there are still games to play on the court and not on this board. Some have us already beating Richmond who beat Temple. We have the ability to beat the rest of the teams on the schedule but two of them are on the road. Some top 25 teams lost to unrated teams on the road. If for some reason we don't finish the season on a high note, some will be blasting any player who does not play well. It would be wise to concentrate on beating Richmond and after that the next team. I'm expecting Xavier will be very difficult to beat even here, unless we get our offense untracked. Our good defense will take us only so far. We need more consistency from our offense. If we average 70 points or more as we did earlier, then I believe we will win out. The selection committee may not be as high on the Billikens as we are, especially if we lose at least three more games and don't make it to the A10 tournament championship game.

That goes without saying for the team, but what does that have to do with us? Whether we daydream about next year or wallow about The Incident has no bearing on what our beloved team will actually do on the court. Talk on, peeps.

Most of the teams listed scare me. We have more talent top to bottom than I can ever remember, but most of those teams have more natural talent than we do. Our margin for error is smaller than a lot of those teams. We would beat a lot of them in a five game series because we cover for the natural talent area in other ways, but any of them could beat us one night. A couple of them are just better teams than us.