Student Tickets for Dayton

Let's hope for a better student turnout than last night. Actually, it was a pretty poor turnout overall. We should have sneaked down into the courtside seats, most of which were empty.

I couldn't help noticing the courtside seats on both ends (From about the free throw line to the end line) were empty at the start of the game. Then a lady with 3 little kids came, followed by their daddy. And 2 older guys got there later and sat at the other end of the row. On the right side there was only a single. lonely guy with about 10 empty seats to his right. Is it hard to just move down there or do the ushers care? The 3 kids behind the middle courtside seats which looked like a few big spenders were having fun cheering for the whole game. Move on down folks, get close to the action. That's what I've ALWAYS DONE.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit, I haven't been to a game since GeeDub (school and work, first time in 20 years I've missed attending almost a month straight). BUT I am going Saturday and I'm stoked! My mom will be going to the first game in over five years. I have our previous blue out shirts ready. MT, Will the old KM be back? Cuz that'd be great.

I have to admit, I haven't been to a game since GeeDub (school and work, first time in 20 years I've missed attending almost a month straight). BUT I am going Saturday and I'm stoked! My mom will be going to the first game in over five years. I have our previous blue out shirts ready. MT, Will the old KM be back? Cuz that'd be great.

KM took over last nights game. He and Conklin sparke whatever confidence was hidden in that sleeping giant that came out las night.

Thats what I heard. I got to listen to the first half and had to leave it kind of disappointed. But my dad and Broham told me that quite a few of our boys showed up last night. I was so happy to hear it. Although I was really optimistic for last night... Now I want all the same guys for Saturday. LETS DO THIS! :)

i personally think it would be great to not allow anyone in not sporting billiken blue (except on white out night). at the very least nothing black or gold.

People wear gold?! When did Richard Simmons become a fan?

well maybe the mi$$ouri fans only sit next to me if you've never seen them.

Lol... I have my entourage around me... All blue, for sheezy.

Otherwise I fail to acknowledge gold, unless its richard Simmons... I met him once at a walgreens. It was very odd.

I was very disapointed in the turnout overall but particularly the students. No finals week, midterms, etc, a first place team in the house and they can't even fill up their section? Plus, that piss poor showing included all of the other sport athletes that had to show up for honor roll call. What a freaking joke.

This is rush week for all the fraternities on campus. I know of quite a few of the more enthusiastic greek fans couldn't make it out due to formal rush events last night.

We'll be there early Saturday - let's get rowdy.

somebody needs to be in charge of the boom box playing jock jams.

Speaking of... there was no jock jams at Humphrey's last night and Garth Brooks' afterbirth and his band were playing instead of Ivory Tiger. What the cock is that $hit??? This is not the world I know...

I was very disapointed in the turnout overall but particularly the students. No finals week, midterms, etc, a first place team in the house and they can't even fill up their section? Plus, that piss poor showing included all of the other sport athletes that had to show up for honor roll call. What a freaking joke.

I think people are still a little hesitant to completely buy in. The casual fan will show up for the "big name" teams like X, Temple, and Dayton but I dont see the Bills selling out games against the likes of RI and the Bonnies untill they have made some noise in the tourney.

We all know the Bonnies were in first place and it was an important game but I bet a lot of people, students included, looked at the schedule and said

"st bonaventure, who the hell is St Bonaventure? the Bills will destroy these guys."

To be fair, I gave my tickets away last night so I was not there either but the seats were filled.

My cousin and his 8 year old were in from out of town so I said they could use the tickets.

This is rush week for all the fraternities on campus. I know of quite a few of the more enthusiastic greek fans couldn't make it out due to formal rush events last night.

We'll be there early Saturday - let's get rowdy.

Then SCHEDULE THE FREAKIN' RUSH EVENTS ***AT*** THE GAME!!!

Last night's student attendance was SHAMEFUL. Best season in years, playing the first-place team, incredibly exciting league race -- and we can't even get 700 students, or whatever number it takes to fill the student section.

But what really pi$$ed me off was the so-called scholar "athletes." KILL THAT PRESENTATION FOR ALL FUTURE SEASONS. Unless they were magically awarded their own luxury boxes and I couldn't see them, those jerks filled up the student section toward the end of the half, then got their little recognition -- and then LEFT. Left a game of their own fellow athletes, not to mention the team that PAYS FOR THEIR FREAKIN' NON-REVENUE SPORTS. If they don't care to support the basketball team, let them hold their ceremony in the damned underground lecture halls.

Although I know some people on the board don't always get along with him, bless 05 and the solid group of students who have shown up game in and game out. The way ticket sales patterns have been going, we ought to go back to the 1960s-70s model and give the students about six rows of seats in the first rows of one section of the bottom bowl, then sell the student section as general admission.

Last night's student attendance was SHAMEFUL. Best season in years, playing the first-place team, incredibly exciting league race -- and we can't even get 700 students, or whatever number it takes to fill the student section.

But what really pi$$ed me off was the so-called scholar "athletes." KILL THAT PRESENTATION FOR ALL FUTURE SEASONS. Unless they were magically awarded their own luxury boxes and I couldn't see them, those jerks filled up the student section toward the end of the half, then got their little recognition -- and then LEFT. Left a game of their own fellow athletes, not to mention the team that PAYS FOR THEIR FREAKIN' NON-REVENUE SPORTS. If they don't care to support the basketball team, let them hold their ceremony in the damned underground lecture halls.

Although I know some people on the board don't always get along with him, bless 05 and the solid group of students who have shown up game in and game out. The way ticket sales patterns have been going, we ought to go back to the 1960s-70s model and give the students about six rows of seats in the first rows of one section of the bottom bowl, then sell the student section as general admission.

Awesome post Joe. I highlighted the best part.

Couldn't have said it any better. Well done.

They do that every year. It drives me nuts.

The Wiz would've graded that post an A+, or elite.

i hope everyone can wear blue.

i think the athletic department is hoping to give away 10,000 white shirts for the white out. we would have them out on the seats when you get there. unfortunately, some billiken fans won't get the message that you're supposed to put that shirt on.

can we possibly not let that girl who is a xavier fan sit in the student section this year?

can we possibly not let that girl who is a xavier fan sit in the student section this year?

Just chant "a$$hole" at her until she leaves. Give 'er the ol' state school treatment.

That's not very Jesuit of me to say... But I'm putting suggestions out there.

Just chant "a$$hole" at her until she leaves. Give 'er the ol' state school treatment.

Eh, you're not a member of the Society of Jesus (at least I don't think you are), so it's ok.

Eh, you're not a member of the Society of Jesus (at least I don't think you are), so it's ok.

You're correct. I am not. I should have wrote "Jesuit Educated" or "that's not being a man for others."

BUT, its Xavier we're talking about here. The fakest of Jesuit schools. The Devil's school itself if you ask me.

I'm pretty sure I drew a rather accurate portrait of her and Jordan Crawford. Good times were had by all (except DPS)