Emmanuel Tselentakis

WVBilliken

Anyone know how our redshirt freshman is looking in practice? I am hoping he is a player next year who can replace Cassidy but is a better shooter.

KC is a pretty good shooter but won't unless 100% sure he can take his man on a drive or 2) has absolutely no chance of being blocked

Chronic Conscience Problem CCP

Replacing Cassity isn't a concern. Replacing Conklin will be the hard part, but thats next year. We'll have 8 months to debate that. Lets win now.

last i looked, both of our scholarships we lose (cassity and conklin) have been replaced by guards/wings. so the conklin "replacement" has to come from current players improvement.

count me as concerned. my guess is that we have additional players become disgruntled and leave the team of course on their own accord. but luckily that would then give us the opportunity to recruit new inside players.

last i looked, both of our scholarships we lose (cassity and conklin) have been replaced by guards/wings. so the conklin "replacement" has to come from current players improvement.

count me as concerned. my guess is that we have additional players become disgruntled and leave the team of course on their own accord. but luckily that would then give us the opportunity to recruit new inside players.

I think you're right, roy. I don't even want to contemplate our inside presence next year. It's a bit scary. Let's win now and worry about the big guys later.

this is just a guess, but i'm thinking emanuel may have had a deal similar to daniel lisch - in other words, we will give you a one-year scholarship but its unlikely you will get to keep it. we're offering this to you because we have an extra one, we like you, and you will help us at practice, but don't expect anything after that. again, that's just my guess. but if true, then we fill his scholly with a big. emanuel would be leaving on his own and i would have no problem if that was the arrangement.

even if we don't bring in another big, let's give manning and glaze a chance. i think they'll bring more to the table than others expect. in fact, i would rather see both of them out there than at least one of our current players who is getting a decent amount of minutes.

this is just a guess, but i'm thinking emanuel may have had a deal similar to daniel lisch - in other words, we will give you a one-year scholarship but its unlikely you will get to keep it. we're offering this to you because we have an extra one, we like you, and you will help us at practice, but don't expect anything after that. again, that's just my guess. but if true, then we fill his scholly with a big. emanuel would be leaving on his own and i would have no problem if that was the arrangement.

even if we don't bring in another big, let's give manning and glaze a chance. i think they'll bring more to the table than others expect. in fact, i would rather see both of them out there than at least one of our current players who is getting a decent amount of minutes.

What kind of idiot are you? You have absolutely no idea but that doesn't seem to stop your baseless speculating. And by the way, ET is not a local kid, with 4 year starting older brother who was the foundation of our team ... and there are no extra, unused scholarships lying around like there were back when KL was a Senior.

99 perceposted what's posted on this board is speculation. At least I tell everyone when I'm just guessing. And yes there was an unused scholly lying around when we signed Emanuel. I just think the circumstances surrounding his signing were odd. Again it's all my guess but we'll see if I'm the idiot.

What kind of idiot are you? You have absolutely no idea but that doesn't seem to stop your baseless speculating. And by the way, ET is not a local kid, with 4 year starting older brother who was the foundation of our team ... and there are no extra, unused scholarships lying around like there were back when KL was a Senior.

99 perceposted what's posted on this board is speculation. At least I tell everyone when I'm just guessing. And yes there was an unused scholly lying around when we signed Emanuel. I just think the circumstances surrounding his signing were odd. Again it's all my guess but we'll see if I'm the idiot.

No one remembers the pre season foot injury that ET had?

3Bill.

Rampant speculation about young kids and their future is simply irresponsible. Speculate and/or guess if ET will play, will score, will start - or even be a bust. At the end of the season, some even question or speculate if a kid will want to come back or if RM will want a kid to come back. Why "guess" now in the middle of the season in which the kid is redshirting and doing everything expected of him. And to say that a high profile kid with a ton of international experience, who was/is one of the top players from his country, is another Daniel Lisch and might not be allowed to come back next year is just not fair.

I didn't understand this signing either, since he was going to RS in any event. A possibility might be, RM's trying to open a tradelane w/ Greece. Although, you'd think we'd have had one w/ IV. Maybe there's a big in Greece that ET is buddies w/ and would like to hook up w/ in the states. Again, who knows and then again we're would RM get the schollie? As for bigs next year, we probably won't get a full value replacement for BC, but between RL improving game by game in terms of toughness, JM and GG developing in the off season, and CE (who sometimes shows some really good moves down low) we should be ok. I didn't list CR because unless he gets hit by a lightning bolt, he's gonna stay a 5 minute man. His development window is starting to slam shut..

One thing we do know about all the freshmen, none of them have shown enough to get any playing time. This is very telling for JM and GG since we are in obvious need of a greater inside presence. I know ET is redshirting but if he was good enough that wouldn't have been a consideration.

@clock: I did not know that ET was a "high profile kid" witrh "tons of international experience" and is one of the "top players from his country." If all that were true, these kids kid of sort end up at Uconn or Syracuse, and certainly not ol' Saint Louie Ewie.

@larry72: Ian fell into our laps under the Sodie regime. I doubt that connectiopn remains. However, i do recall Jensen being on the tail of some Euro guy so maybe the two-for-one isn't that far-fetched. Of course, we lost Jensen so who knows. Problem is Euro an dinternational kids play like Ellis and Loe, not Conk.

The middle is barren next year. Which is kind of funny because i thought it was barren thi syear until Conk stepped up like I never expected. While I hold out hope (and have said it before) that Remekun is our Kenyon Martin, Ken at least started from Day One and developed on the ocurt over the four years at Cincy. Not Cory. Ellis does no tstrike me as the type to change his game in his fourth year in the program.

Our guys are who they are. Add in a wing and a point guard.

I got blasted last year on the transfer specualtion. Not going there this year. What is the difference between Cassity, Barnett and ET? Is there one?

Wow!

We've decided He's not going to be good and his scholly might have just been a 1 year deal based upon someone who said a walk-on said he was struggling.

I lived in Crete in '88 so I know about Greeks, I think he's going to be a 1st team all A-10 his Jr year

@clock: I did not know that ET was a "high profile kid" witrh "tons of international experience" and is one of the "top players from his country." If all that were true, these kids kid of sort end up at Uconn or Syracuse, and certainly not ol' Saint Louie Ewie.

Why do you say this? Did not RL pick RM and SLU over Wake Forest (then ranked #1)? Was not RL and CE highly acclaimed and highly accomplished in their native countries of NZ and Austrailia? Similary, was ET not on the his national team playing games in Europe (I'd call that international experience) as opposed to AAU here in the states? Surely you are not saying that each and every foreign player is inferior to the more "well-known" American player who are easier to watch, review, follow, rate and rank with their high school and AAU games. RM is trying to bring in foreign kids here at SLU just like he did at Utah. As you know, the 4 and 5 stars kids simply don't want to play for mid-majors or the A10 schools. Winning with 3 star recruits is possible but you need to have a productive Junior and Senior class -- and for various reasons, we are relying quite heavily on our Sophomore class.

Also, recall that Utah was not on the caliber of UConn and Syracuse but that did not stop Bogut and the other from going to Utah. Not saying the top basketball programs like UConn and Syracuse won't or don't take foreign kids, but frankly, they don't have to take such chances as they have their choices of the best 4 and 5 star kids whom they can watch more closely and who are more suited to the American collegiate game. RM and SLU does not have this luxury and is taking chances on these foreign kids.

NM

@clock: no disrespect clock but you said in post #15 the very words I quoted. I responded by saying I "did not know" these facts (as presented by you) to be true. I really don't recall ET's standing at the time reference him being "high profile" with "tons" of experience and a "top player." These are all subjective adjectives added by you as far as I can tell. All I'm saying is I don't know this to be true.

But I do recall his signing getting a relative "ho-hum" reaction from the board at that time. Is this like Christain Salescich being a top player in those same regards? And how did that pan out for us? Seems more appropriat eot me that if these accolades were indeeds true, he'd be in the playing rotation rather than redshirting a year, don't you? I mean Pepe Sanchez, Juan Fernandez, Deniz Kilicli, Cody Ellis, and even the great Ian Voyoukous all came almost immediately in and played.

Yet we here see a need to redshirt this?

@skip: A10 First Team 2015. Sounds a lot like KC going to the NBA. I hope you're right.

@clock: no disrespect clock but you said in post #15 the very words I quoted. I responded by saying I "did not know" these facts (as presented by you) to be true. I really don't recall ET's standing at the time reference him being "high profile" with "tons" of experience and a "top player." These are all subjective adjectives added by you as far as I can tell. All I'm saying is I don't know this to be true.

But I do recall his signing getting a relative "ho-hum" reaction from the board at that time. Is this like Christain Salescich being a top player in those same regards? And how did that pan out for us? Seems more appropriat eot me that if these accolades were indeeds true, he'd be in the playing rotation rather than redshirting a year, don't you? I mean Pepe Sanchez, Juan Fernandez, Deniz Kilicli, Cody Ellis, and even the great Ian Voyoukous all came almost immediately in and played.

Yet we here see a need to redshirt this?

@skip: A10 First Team 2015. Sounds a lot like KC going to the NBA. I hope you're right.

Well, I did live in Crete, so I know Greeks. Don't doubt me

"Inside sources" with the team (and RM publicly) also said that JB was going to be great this year and that didn't turn out too well. Not sure we can really make any assumptions on what's going to happen with him.

btw. Still haven't given up hope on JB, but with Drew and Carter coming in next year, it's going to be tough for him.