Xavier Hate Fest and the New World Order

prebilliken

Hey everyone, long time reader, few times poster (had to change my profile name as I couldn't recover my password from my old SLU email), but just couldn't sit on the sidelines after last night's performance.

Everyone probably woke up last night feeling like the Bills just won the National Championship, and they should, thought I would throw a few topics down to keep everybody pumped up:

1) As much as I loved watcing that win, as vindicating as it is for this season, it removes no sting from how much I hate that vile "Jesuit" University in Cincy. Between the FSN Ohio commentators, the short and frustrated comments of Mack after the game, and the absolute lack of basketball understanding on the Xavier fan forums (just reading wasn't trolling) I almost hate that school more after that win.

That was a game where SLU legimatly won, Xavier lost because they were out played and out toughened, they didn't hand the game away. Make no doubt about it and cut off anyone who second guesses that. While you can talk about X being in a "funk" since the throwdown at the Cintas, that game showed that proper execution of a superior game plan by a superior coach will beat raw talent when the parts come together.

Ironically, the best X's and O's explanation of the win came from a well written Xavier SB Nation blog called "Banner's on the Parkway." They hit it spot on: we came out hot for the three ball and transistioned flawlessly to a post game, dribble/drive game after they increased the exterior D. Majerus stretched Xavier to a point where their size couldn't hurt us, I didn't want Kenny Frease to foul out because I enjoyed how lost he was on defense. Clearly a kid who got into X on his grades.

2) My favorite comment to come after last night was from a tweet by Dana O'neil of ESPN that read "Saint Louis gonna win this one. New world order in Atlantic 10."

While I love hearing that, I obviously know it is WAY to early to pat ourselves on the back and say we own the A10. Still, bright days ahead for the Bills. We all knew this would come. I bet the beer tasted espcially sweet at Hump's last night and the sun was a little brighter over SLU this morning, great day to be a Bill's fan.

Let's Get UMass on Saturday, what's the saying "one if by land, two if by sea, three if by Billikens?"

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should meet Metz. You guys might be soul mates. He's in the same state as you, too.

There is a larger Billiken diaspora in the Lone Star state than people would assume. A lot of Dallas/Houston Catholic school kids who head up to the Lou for college and then come home.

I don't believe, but don't quote me, that there is an official alumni chapter in the state yet. Something I'd love to get started.

There is a larger Billiken diaspora in the Lone Star state than people would assume. A lot of Dallas/Houston Catholic school kids who head up to the Lou for college and then come home.

I don't believe, but don't quote me, that there is an official alumni chapter in the state yet. Something I'd love to get started.

Seriously, you need to meet Metz. He has a full-time job as Marketing Chair of the Dallas-Fort Worth chapter of the SLU Alumni Association. I know he's busy working on their next events and handling hundreds of phone calls and emails a day, but I'm sure he would get back to you if you reached out to him.

Seriously, you need to meet Metz. He has a full-time job as Marketing Chair of the Dallas-Fort Worth chapter of the SLU Alumni Association. I know he's busy working on their next events and handling hundreds of phone calls and emails a day, but I'm sure he would get back to you if you reached out to him.

Consider it done. There are a lot of young SLU alums in the area that would love to get involved.

Prebil and Metz hanging out. Ha. Don't talk politics and you may get along.

Bobby Metzinger is who you are looking for.

How bout that Maryland team!?

Pat, you know I can get along with anyone politcally. As long as they're Bills fans.

Who is WestCoastBilliken, do I broadcast my political leanings that much? lol.

I don't know where he's living now but he got a new job up there. For such a fellow conservative, I have no clue how he can live there.

No shizzle...

Started talking to metz by fb last night...nice guy. :)

PREBILliken - I like what you did there. Get up here for a game soon, brother.

It was a nice post, agreed.

Thanks a lot guys. Good to be back on the board.

I'll be up for the Mardi Gras game (2009- Dayton, 2010 Dayton, 2011 X, 2012...Fordham!?! Really?) I'm looking forward to the baby races.