GDT: Temple

JettFlight5

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was fortunate and made it home to see the entire 2nd half of this disappointing loss. Temple just flat out looked like the better team tonight. We seemed to be doing a lot of things right, but Temple had all the answers tonight. They hit a very high percentage of highly contested shots. SLU, on the other hand, while on the road, has missed a very high percentage of wide open looks. Not exactly a great recipe for success.

And we definitely got "visitored" tonight. It wasn't enough to blame the loss on, but I didn't see one questionable call go our way but a few went the other way. Maybe one or two no calls favored us but that's it. Somewhat disappointing.

And I don't know if it was Steve or Roger, but he who first mentioned an NIT bid as being "right there" where we should be....ugh, killer.

Not a night to go to the boat in the moat.

edited for clarity

There is no question we miss a big like Willie who can clean the glass, block shots and intimidate, plus take the ball up strong and dunk. Tough when your inside players are 6'6" and 6'5". Hopefully, JM can bulk up over the summer and work hard on developing an inside game.

that little blonde cheerleader is ridiculously hot.

finally made it through the whole GDT. frustrating one to watch out on an oil rig. i keep calling the dorms at SLU to order roast beef, but no dice. a picture on the internet will have to do. here you go, man. console yourself with titties.

Posted Image

go bills.

Conklin is right. We aren't tough. Temple pushed us around the whole game.

At least 2 times Temple had breakaway layups where we fouled them and they STILL SCORED. If you foul them they cannot make the basket PERIOD. P**** fouls don't cut it. The 2 people who did it, KC & BC, our 2 senior leaders.

After the Evans block where McCall had the ball, was stripped and then Fernadez held him down was a game changer. That is on the refs. Horrible no call, it gave Temple a 4 point lead instead of us having a chance to go up 1. We did have 2 other chances with the same scenario and blew them on our own.

What is with our final minute defense??? Once again a Temple guard plays stall ball out in the far corner. Even though we are down by 2 possesions we don't foul and let him stand there for 20 seconds. Then we let him take Evans 1 on 1 to the basket for the score. How many times have teams done this to us? Why are we allowing them to? Easy solutions are either to foul as soon as they stop moving the ball, saving time on the clock or converging the defense and making them beat us with an open outside shot. You never let a team beat you shooting 3 feet from the basket when you can force them to shoot a 3. I don't care what the %s are in the game.

Finally a first for me in this game. My seats are in the last row, specifically so I can stand the whole game if I want to and not disturb other fans. Tonight an older gentlemen in the the luxury box above me tells me to sit down. When I refused and gave him lip he called ushers into his box. I about climbed up the wall after him and made sure to stand the rest of the game.