GDT - Illinois-Springfield

billikenbill

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm almost there but not quite yet. Cassity looked like he was sleep walking all over the court today. If only jordair could hit the open three then I will be all for it

I actually think bringing KC off the bench could balance things out a bit more. KC might be able to settle MM down a little bit and provide MM another shooting outlet. MM is trying too hard to do too much.

RL, BC, DE, JJ, and KM as a starting 5 has nice balance offensively and defensively. KM would be the court general for this group.

Then bring in CE, KC, and MM (with CR to spell BC or RL as needed) keeps the continuity going. KC would be the court general for this group.

the reason i would continue to play cassity over jett is outside shooting and his usual smart floor play. that said, someone i didnt know was wearing cassity's jersey and playing today,. he was totally ineffective.

Ehhh. Nothing to really learn from this game, I think. What I thought when watching it was if the three's we were shooting went down at our normal rate, as well as all the missed layups, then we would have won by 30+. It was a typical play down to your competition game. We missed tons of open treys, blew a bunch of layups, played lax defense and overall just didn't give max effort until halfway through the 2nd half. Perhaps there are some concerns to be had, but I just think it was an off shooting day, and a normal shooting effort would have led to huge win. Basically, the same thing happend in our 2 exhibition games.

I am not overly concerned. We will probably decimate the next 3 teams and shoot much better heading into New Mexico. Much like the exhibition games, nothing to see here. Move on.

-they hit some shots, some were crazy but some we got beat badly and this was not illinois, it was illinois springfield, how they were 2 and 5 coming in i don;t know, maybe this was their super bowl, but as some one else posted rick has some things he and the staff can work on

-seemed like a quick hook if a mistake was made today

-DE's rebounding and overall game seems to be coming and this is a very good sign

-hope we don;t shoot that 3 percentage again, wow

-KM still forcing things but he got us there at the end

-let's ace our finals and get back to anaheim form

-nice ceremony for Rick, he seemed to appreciate and got emotional, was worried he wasn;t coming back, however

Time to get better guys, time to get better.

Rammer just said that it's the Super Bowl to UIS. They're playing like it.

Its not their Super Bowl. UIS was a proud NAIA program that was making the NAIA national tournament every year. They just made the switch to NCAA DII for the 2009-2010 season. They are used to winning and winning big.

Its not their Super Bowl. UIS was a proud NAIA program that was making the NAIA national tournament every year. They just made the switch to NCAA DII for the 2009-2010 season. They are used to winning and winning big.

Not sure who they played this year but perhaps playing a D1 school is important to them given their jump.

I am not overly concerned. We will probably decimate the next 3 teams and shoot much better heading into New Mexico. Much like the exhibition games, nothing to see here. Move on.

I wouldn't sleep on Arkansas State. They've been competitive this year. There was a huge upset yesterday that got lost in the shuffle of everything else that happened. 1-9 Austin Peay stole a road win from Tennessee yesterday 74-70, ending the game on a 21-6 run. It can happen.

The SWAC schools are horrible and I hope the bench players can get in 7-8 mins of work against them.

Not sure who they played this year but perhaps playing a D1 school is important to them given their jump.

McKendree was a very good NAIA program as well. The reaction would be the same if it was them.

Play of the Game:

late in the 2nd half, during the rubber ball toss, a Saint-Sation heaved a ball up into section 108 towards a 5 year old sitting in the stands. The kid had his hands extended, arms open, ready to ****** the billiken ball as his proud father looked on....cheering.

Out of no where, KMBilliken came in over the top of the 4ft 5" kid, and grabbed the souvenir. Nice catch, KMBilliken!

Play of the Game:

late in the 2nd half, during the rubber ball toss, a Saint-Sation heaved a ball up into section 108 towards a 5 year old sitting in the stands. The kid had his hands extended, arms open, ready to

****** the billiken ball as his proud father looked on....cheering.

Out of no where, KMBilliken came in over the top of the 4ft 5" kid, and grabbed the souvenir. Nice catch, KMBilliken!

He was fighting off the kid with his forearm and caught in his other hand. May have to move sections after that debacle.

Play of the Game:

late in the 2nd half, during the rubber ball toss, a Saint-Sation heaved a ball up into section 108 towards a 5 year old sitting in the stands. The kid had his hands extended, arms open, ready to ****** the billiken ball as his proud father looked on....cheering.

He was at least 8 and kind of hefty. I had already established position on him, assuming the old man would jump in the fray and it would be two on one with no help coming. You should just appreciate my technigue and ferocity. Besides, me grabbing that ball is no different than us beating up on little old UIS. Just to show what a sportsman I am, I did give him the ball.

He was at least 8 and kind of hefty. I had already established position on him, assuming the old man would jump in the fray and it would be two on one with no help coming. You should just appreciate my technigue and ferocity. Besides, me grabbing that ball is no different than us beating up on little old UIS. Just to show what a sportsman I am, I did give him the ball.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.