Bracketology

Billiken75

I am showing we would win 2 of those 10 games. And if we are playing them in the St. Louis Regional in March at the Ed Dome we win 4 of those 10..

Pretty sure SLU can't be in the Midwest regional since they are the host school for Ed Jones dome, but could be wrong.

Fingers crossed that the Billikens start their tournament run in Omaha, would be fun.

Pretty sure SLU can't be in the Midwest regional since they are the host school for Ed Jones dome, but could be wrong.

Fingers crossed that the Billikens start their tournament run in Omaha, would be fun.

Grad asst. Tanner Bronson mentioned SLU can't be in the St. Louis regional because we are the host school. I couldn't find the rule on NCAA's site, but he seemed confident that we would automatically be in a different region.

Grad asst. Tanner Bronson mentioned SLU can't be in the St. Louis regional because we are the host school. I couldn't find the rule on NCAA's site, but he seemed confident that we would automatically be in a different region.

Technically, we can be the host and play at the Ed Dome. "A team may not play on it's home court" according to NCAA rules. A home court is one that you have played more than 4 games on.

In 2002, Pitt played the first 2 rounds at Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh. The Panthers had played 3 games there during the season so it was ruled a "nearby arena" not a home court. In 2006, Villanova played the first 2 rounds in the current Wells Fargo Center in Philly. Again, Nova had played 3 games there during the regular season so it was ruled a "nearby arena" not a home court.

So if the Bills got a good seed...then yes, it would be possible to play in St. Louis at the Ed Dome since this is not our home court.

Are you sure? Are you sure it's not being hosted by the Missouri Valley Conference?

Are you sure? Are you sure it's not being hosted by the Missouri Valley Conference?

"The NCAA has named Saint Louis University as the host institution and the Edward Jones Dome as the site for a 2012 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament Regional. The three games will be played at the Edward Jones Dome Friday, March 23, and Sunday, March 25, 2012."

"In a partnership with the Missouri Valley Conference, Saint Louis University and the MVC has agreed to alternate as the host institution for NCAA tournaments held in St. Louis. In this bid cycle, the University will serve as the host."

http://www.stlsports...nnouncement.php

It's never good to speculate. Enjoy the ride to get there. What was that saying "carpe diem?" Sieze the day? December isn't half over and some folks are worrying not only about March but seeds. For real?

The last team I was rooting for (current season) was pinned as "The Dream Team" back in training camp. How'd that turn out?

Just Win Baby.

It's never good to speculate. Enjoy the ride to get there. What was that saying "carpe diem?" Sieze the day? December isn't half over and some folks are worrying not only about March but seeds. For real?

The last team I was rooting for (current season) was pinned as "The Dream Team" back in training camp. How'd that turn out?

Just Win Baby.

My post was a hypothetical based on when another poster speculated on what would happen if we played Oh St. I used the Ed Dome as an example because it is the only way we could actually play OSU in St. Louis this season. In know way did I intend to say it was a likelyhood or meant to speculate on true outcome. But as Joaquin Andujar use to say..."you never know"

Just Win Baby.

Just Win Baby.

Taj Mahal, there is little hope for you if you're an Iggles fan. How 'bout the New York Giants last night, though? Never too late to jump on the wagon, Tajy!

Just Win Baby.

Now I know why it's hard being a Billiken Fan. Taj is bringing us bad luck by rooting for a Philly team along with the Bills.

Taj has rooted for Philly teams since 1971. Which, if the correlation is correct, explains a lot, eh?

Dilemma with a capital D: Ever rooting for Giants, Cowboys and Skins when they play each other. Why? Can't stand Tom Coughlin, Jerry Jones nor Dan Snyder.

Technically, we can be the host and play at the Ed Dome. "A team may not play on it's home court" according to NCAA rules. A home court is one that you have played more than 4 games on.

In 2002, Pitt played the first 2 rounds at Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh. The Panthers had played 3 games there during the season so it was ruled a "nearby arena" not a home court. In 2006, Villanova played the first 2 rounds in the current Wells Fargo Center in Philly. Again, Nova had played 3 games there during the regular season so it was ruled a "nearby arena" not a home court.

So if the Bills got a good seed...then yes, it would be possible to play in St. Louis at the Ed Dome since this is not our home court.

-i think fan12 is saying we could not be in the stl regional because we are the hosts not the games played in the bldg aspect, did pitt host that venue that year? i have not heard of the host conflict previous to fan12's post

Baby steps. This program has never seen the Sweet Sixteen. The opening round games are being held in the following 8 cities, with driving distances from STL in miles in parentheses:

Louisville (268)

Nashville (308)

Columbus (417)

Omaha (439)

Pittsburgh (602)

Greensboro (755)

Albuquerque

Portland

Well, the last few are too far but the first four for sure are driveable from STL. We can't play in the regional here but if we make it to that round, who cares where it is?

Sadly there will be no Oh St vs SLU at the Ed Dome. In order to have a game in your home town you have to meet TWO conditions according to the NCAA..

1) Play no more than 3 games in the arena

and

2) Not be the host staff in the City. (maybe we can give the host honor to SIU-E ..lol)

This has happened 4 times in NCAA history

Ga St in Atl 1991

Pitt in 02

Nova in Philly 06 & 09

Btw this doesn't change the fact that we still have a fair (1/3) chance of beating OSU on a neutral court.