follow the link

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well you can look at that two ways. yes, he will be deprived of that opportunity, but snyder admitted to cheating to get conley to come to missouri with the illegal phone calls. of course he then said he didnt know that was the rule. but still, conley should have seen the writing on the wall from day one.

i was following two great strings on the tigerboard about this. now both strings are gone.

If they are on post season probation he gets a free pass to transfer doesn't he?

This year the Big 12 POY was a transfer from penalized Baylor. Wouldn't it be great if that happened again but this time to Mizzou.

Nick won't let it stick because he knows it is not going to happen. Just like he knew that Illinois and SLU had more violations than Mizzou. Just like he knows there is not a single violation that Mizzou did not self-report, therefore they do not count. Because Nick talks to more people in the know than anyone else.

Mizzou must have some madatory classes on myopia at Columbia, as my buds at ESPN now have about fourty Mizzou jokes regarding recruiting and violations. Mizzou fans are like a staggering drunk - the problem is the bottle and not their drinking problem. Denial is a painful thing. Good college coaches always have one or two assistants that are future head coaching prospects. Care to hazard which two qualify from Mizzou?

Torch, does Grimes really fit in as a UB type of player? Seems to me he might be a little lazy in that he did not make first team all metro but last year was hailed as one of the areas best if not the best D1 prospect. I'm not accusing here, because I just don't know. Would be very interested to hear poster's takes on what Grimes would bring to the program. Correct me if I'm wrong but I've sensed from various posts that most of you locals would take Shaw over Grimes? Now if this really happens to Mizzery and their players are given an out, I'd like to see McKinney get a fresh start at SLU assuming TL doens't qualify. In any event the next 60 days should prove to be very interesting ones for Mizzery and SLU.

We did this discussion about 3 months ago; however, it was pure speculation at that point (much less so now). Let us assume Missouri is hit with probation in May. Let us further assume that SLU gave it's last scholarship to a Juco PF and found out in May that Tommie did not qualify. Should we give the now open Tommie Liddell scholarship to JMac? I say "yes", he could help the team as a 2 guard playing behind Reggie. Also would give depth for those 3 guard sets that UB runs. In May, we can't count on UB pulling another rabbitt out of the hat so I say take J.Mac.

let us not lose sight of the fact that the only reason Lucas was on OK state, was that he was allowed to transfer to any Big 12 school without having to redshirt. Outside the big 12 he would have had to red shirt. I do not think the same rule would apply to Conley, but perhaps to grimes, however I would think Mizzou would restrict any release in some way.....

I tell you what, that really ticks me off. I mean in a sense the report states that its simply repeating rumors, but that in itself is news given where the rumors are circulating and the reporters who chose to report it, and worthy of discussion. It's funny that Nick has a problem with those kind of rumors, but the couple of posters who claim to have sources "inside" the program can post that its all bs and any penalties will be minor.

As usual I have mixed emotions about it. I certainly hope it's not true. On the other hand, if it is, I hope it's justification enough to clean house, hire a solid/ethical coach, and start trying to rebuild our reputation

Worst case: it's true and they still don't clean house. Under that scenario, I might actually have to stop being a Mizzou basketball fan for the first time since I was about 7 years old. That would be a pity.

mutiger said, "Worst case: it's true and they still don't clean house. Under that scenario, I might actually have to stop being a Mizzou basketball fan for the first time since I was about 7 years old. That would be a pity."

i agree it would be a pity. while i detest missouri basketball, i admire any hardcore fan and their alligance. hopefully if they don't "clean house" $nyder will have realized the damage he has done to the university and begin to do the right thing going forward in order to begin the erasement of the horrible reputation the program now has.

I would agree based on TL's scholie coming open. Hey this guy was a top 50 player was he not? Who knows a change of scenery might be just what Jmac needs, plus he'll be reunited with DP. I'm not so sure you couldn't start him at the 3 if we land a decent PF. If he somehow rediscovers his game and shakes off the bad coaching he's had the last two years, he and RB could be a potent 1-2 punch. We'd be a little short there but we played real short against Iowa and made out ok.

while i am on record as not a grimes fan i am on record of needing a true pf for next year. grimes physical dimensions and skills fit the order.

that said, there is also a story evolving that says that since gene keady did not take the san francisco job, purdue has apparently offered the head job to matt painter now. he would come back to purdue an serve as some sort of associate in waiting head coach and then take over the main job a year from now. now if that happens, i would think that matt shaw would have every chance to change his loi to slu then. it was good enough for hollins to leave slu's loi in the trash, one would think shaw could do the same to siu's if painter leaves for purdue.

mckinney would probably have to redshirt so we wouldnt gain a thing over the worst case thought of waiting a year for tommie to qualify. i say if my choice is a transferring mckinney or a year wait for liddell, i wait for liddell.

None of the players who left Baylor were forced to sit out a year. Loren Roberts (or whatever his first name is) went to Mississippi State and did not sit out. I'm not completely certain, but I believe that the Big XII's normal policy is that if a player transfers between Big XII schools, he must sit out a year and lose a year of eligibility, but if he transfers to a school in another conference, he must sit out a year but doesn't lose eligibility. The rule was waived for the players leaving Baylor (regardless of the conference of the school they were moving to).