Bills by 40 over Ill-Sprfld

The Wiz

Needless to say the OQ is F

Believe it or not the 40 number is on the conservative side. While we could easily win by more than 40 the reality is we will win by less. RM isn't into humilating the other team especially on his 500th win.

Were we really supposed to be playing Missouri St on this date?

That's the rumor that was stated yesterday in response to RM's saying MSU can pound sand when it comes to future games. In any event, what I'm hoping for here is to see guys like JB, JM, and GG log some serious minutes. Watching JB shoot last night was painful. There's no softness/touch to his shot and kind of wondering why RM was so high on this kid. I really thought he'd be more of a contributor by this point. Also, it would be great to get a peek at what we've got in JM and GG. It'a a long season and down the road we may need contributions from these two, so any actual game time they get is a big plus. And since our regular rotation has played so many games over the last 18 days a little rest might do 'em some good. It would be really great if over the next 3 games the 3 players mentioned above log solid minutes.

i have never understood the "we could rest the players that game" thinking. the 20 - 30 minutes is nothing compared to the 3 hours they practice every night. if the players really need rest, take a night off practice or tell them to go to bed early.

That's the rumor that was stated yesterday in response to RM's saying MSU can pound sand when it comes to future games. In any event, what I'm hoping for here is to see guys like JB, JM, and GG log some serious minutes. Watching JB shoot last night was painful. There's no softness/touch to his shot and kind of wondering why RM was so high on this kid. I really thought he'd be more of a contributor by this point. Also, it would be great to get a peek at what we've got in JM and GG. It'a a long season and down the road we may need contributions from these two, so any actual game time they get is a big plus. And since our regular rotation has played so many games over the last 18 days a little rest might do 'em some good. It would be really great if over the next 3 games the 3 players mentioned above log solid minutes.

His shot has looked bad but Im more concerned about the rest of his game.

He is a shooter and most likely will get that back but he looks lost out there.

It seems like he is turning the ball over every time he touches it.

He looks nervous when the ball is in his hands. Im not sure if this is the case but it seems like he has himself convinced he can't play at this level.

At then end of the game last night he didnt have any idea what to do when Vermont was pressuring and trapping. The year off probably hurt his timing and shot but the mental side of the game should still be there and its not.

Hopefully he can get some confidence and start playing like RM thought he could.

His shot has looked bad but Im more concerned about the rest of his game.

He is a shooter and most likely will get that back but he looks lost out there.

He looks nervous when the ball is in his hands. Im not sure if this is the case but it seems like he has himself convinced he can't play at this level.

At then end of the game last night he didnt have any idea what to do when Vermont was pressuring and trapping. The year off probably hurt his timing and shot but the mental side of the game should still be there and its not.

Hopefully he can get some confidence and start playing like RM thought he could.

He was also playing with 3 other guys that didn't know what they were doing. I didn't think he looked lost when playing with our main guys earlier in the game.

We sure are expecting a lot for a kid that is only getting 2-5 real minutes a game.

I think JB will be fine. Hard to get your mojo going when you have 2-5 minutes a game and some of those are with the end of bench guys.

Were we really supposed to be playing Missouri St on this date?

The agreement to keep the series going was in place and we sent them the contract and they failed to sign it and finally we called them to see what the hold up was and they said they couldn't play us in St. Louis this year. They wanted us to go down there again but we weren't willing to do it.

He was also playing with 3 other guys that didn't know what they were doing. I didn't think he looked lost when playing with our main guys earlier in the game.

We sure are expecting a lot for a kid that is only getting 2-5 real minutes a game.

I think JB will be fine. Hard to get your mojo going when you have 2-5 minutes a game and some of those are with the end of bench guys.

I agree with your analysis that it is really hard to be off of competition for a year and then come in and play only a couple of minutes. To get really sharp a player probably needs 10-15 minutes per game with quality players but with this team those minutes are just not available. JJ is playing excellent on both ends and it is hard for him to get more than 15-20 minutes. JB looks like Cody last year in terms of his outside shooting. Both came in with reputations as 3 point shooters but both Cody last year and JB this year seem to be shooting the ball on a flat trajectory without a lot of touch. Fast forward to this year and Cody has really regained his form and his touch. He is very confident and he just looks good out there on both ends. It would be my hope that JB can get stronger and by next year he will have a Cody Ellis type of "recovery" in his shot and his overall game.

The agreement to keep the series going was in place and we sent them the contract and they failed to sign it and finally we called them to see what the hold up was and they said they couldn't play us in St. Louis this year. They wanted us to go down there again but we weren't willing to do it.

I'm with Rickma on this. End it. That game serves them far more than it serves us. And I'm still pissed about their students sitting in our student section a couple of years ago. That of course was OUR fault.

I'm with Rickma on this. End it. That game serves them far more than it serves us. And I'm still pissed about their students sitting in our student section a couple of years ago. That of course was OUR fault.

+1. SMS can't schedule another team in the city limits besides us. We would be better served with a home and home series with Wichita, Bradley, or Creighton. Those places all have a lot more talent coming out than Southwest Missouri.

Missouri State may be my most hated opponent (other than X) over the past 10 years. They are 6-1 against us since 2001-02, but somehow we've played them at Missouri State 4 times. WTF is that BS!!!???...They are so ###### lucky against us too...last year we didn't have Kwamain or Willie, the year before that Cody wasn't here yet and Kwamain had to sit with an eye injury...

At least I was a student when we beat them with Ian's tip in...that was an awesome game to be at...especially since that game arguably ended up keeping them out of the NCAA Tourney...

+1. SMS can't schedule another team in the city limits besides us. We would be better served with a home and home series with Wichita, Bradley, or Creighton. Those places all have a lot more talent coming out than Southwest Missouri.

With all of this Jesuit buddy-buddy stuff, how COME we can't get a series started with Creighton? I've always admired them, but they ain't exactly Duke or Kansas. Seems like it shouldn't be that hard. They know how to get to St. Louis.

From reading this board for the last couple years, I have noticed that you guys LOVE to be hard on players because so and so saw this, or he isn't doing this like you think he should. Some of you guys seem like you might have a bit of bipolar in you. You get really really down on players saying stuff like he can't play at this level, then 2 weeks later when he is hits one or two 3s all the sudden you think he is the greatest player ever.

Just chill out. If RM likes the kid and sees something in him, then trust RM. RM knows what he is doing and he is not one to sugarcoat something. There is no need to keep degrading the kids on this board then to make a 360 turn around and praise him like he is the next All Conf player. Let it play out.

From reading this board for the last couple years, I have noticed that you guys LOVE to be hard on players because so and so saw this, or he isn't doing this like you think he should. Some of you guys seem like you might have a bit of bipolar in you. You get really really down on players saying stuff like he can't play at this level, then 2 weeks later when he is hits one or two 3s all the sudden you think he is the greatest player ever.

Just chill out. If RM likes the kid and sees something in him, then trust RM. RM knows what he is doing and he is not one to sugarcoat something. There is no need to keep degrading the kids on this board then to make a 360 turn around and praise him like he is the next All Conf player. Let it play out.

Actually, it would be a 180 turn. ;) But, you do make a decent point.

I think JB will be just fine. Maybe it will take a season (hopefully less) for him to get up to speed and start logging some meaningful minutes, but I think it will happen.

Just think of all our old posts on players like Conklin and Ellis, who are playing great basketball right now.

I agree 100%. I have seen nothing from him that would put me in a panic state. Majerus knows what he's doing, and he wouldn't have him on the team if he didn't think things would work out.

Absolutely...he needs to handle the ball better...he hunches over when he dribbles, it looks uncomfortable...but his shot will definitely be there...