GDT - Vermont - 12/7/11

b.hayes

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

brian voelkel shooting 28% on the season. kudo's to the billikens for recognizing that and then forcing him to try to score. on one hand i felt sorry for him, but dam it was funny as well to have the whole arena screaming shoot and evans playing 15 feet off him and him being conflicted on what to do?

the band's "hey baby" was great. "can you score at home?" hillarious stuff.

how about back to back games with a half court swish for the royal banks half court shot? might need to let a couple girls shoot to build the pot.

the casual fans are starting to show. i had a couple of "winners" sitting behind me. one guy admitted not knowing anything about the billikens, but the other guy fed him a steady diet of wrong information. jett, mccall and barnett all freshmen, corey r best player on the team just must have had an off night, kept insisting billikens were being badly out rebounded (i finally pointed to the running stats line at the end of the arena and told him bills were leading the rebounding battle) and an insistence that the billikens were just horrible the first half and were probably going to lose. second half he stated three separate times, "now this is good basketball".

i almost went to chris may and bought their seats for the rest of the season so they cant come back.

brian voelkel shooting 28% on the season. kudo's to the billikens for recognizing that and then forcing him to try to score. on one hand i felt sorry for him, but dam it was funny as well to have the whole arena screaming shoot and evans playing 15 feet off him and him being conflicted on what to do?

the band's "hey baby" was great. "can you score at home?" hillarious stuff.

how about back to back games with a half court swish for the royal banks half court shot? might need to let a couple girls shoot to build the pot.

the casual fans are starting to show. i had a couple of "winners" sitting behind me. one guy admitted not knowing anything about the billikens, but the other guy fed him a steady diet of wrong information. jett, mccall and barnett all freshmen, corey r best player on the team just must have had an off night, kept insisting billikens were being badly out rebounded (i finally pointed to the running stats line at the end of the arena and told him bills were leading the rebounding battle) and an insistence that the billikens were just horrible the first half and were probably going to lose. second half he stated three separate times, "now this is good basketball".

i almost went to chris may and bought their seats for the rest of the season so they cant come back.

I have some folks who sit behind me in the blue seats and they often bring friends or give the tickets to friends who are not regular followers of the Billikens. Often they are very loud about their "analysis" and comments on the players which are almost always wrong and often just plain stupid. At first, I used to turn around and try to correct them but it was a lost cause. I finally decided just to concentrate on the game and try to ignore them although sometimes they will make some idiotic comment that gets my son and I laughing hard. Of course, as I am cheering the team, talking to the opposing coach about his limitations and getting on the refs they probably all think I am insane!