GDT - Vermont - 12/7/11

b.hayes

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, JB's shot looks awful. He took wide open 3's at least 4 times and wasn't in the same zip code on 'em. Before the season's over we're gonna need those. He does play good D, but still a little shaky with the ball in his hands. Manning showed some toughness while he was in. But what was really good to see, besides DE's play, was RL getting nothing but net on that 3 he took.

Man, JB's shot looks awful. He took wide open 3's at least 4 times and wasn't in the same zip code on 'em. Before the season's over we're gonna need those. He does play good D, but still a little shaky with the ball in his hands. Manning showed some toughness while he was in. But what was really good to see, besides DE's play, was RL getting nothing but net on that 3 he took.

Didn't Barnett only take 2 shots?

I saw him take two and brick them both. Toledo must have really been in the tank for this kid to be their leading scorer his frosh year. Granted, they only won 4 games and he averaged 12 or so pts/game if I recall correctly. But he's just not that good. I don't see him as a contributor until possibly his Sr. year. Disappointing after all the hype.

Didn't Barnett only take 2 shots?

Yes, and they both looked really bad live. Just got back from the game. He also didn't look entirely comfortable with the ball in his hands when he was in. Hopefully he is able to gain confidence soon or I fear that he might be the odd man out the rest of his career and an end of the bench guy. Evans, Jett and McCall are here the next 2 years with him, and we have ET coming in after a redshirt year along with Carter and Drew as true freshmen next season. He really needs to prove he deserves minutes. RM was high on him when he came here, but haven't seen much from him in practices, exhibitions or real games.

Could you guys hear the fans yelling "shoot it!" at #23 every time he touched the ball? It was pretty hilarious. The band even chanted, "Hey, hey Voelkl. We wanna know, can you score at home?"

That was awesome! You can tell it really effected him out there. He also got a standing ovation when he finally hit a basket.

<6000 in attendance....Not good.

While the crowd was into the game I too was disappointed in the attendance and quite frankly the turnout from the students. All is relative as it relates to the students - 3 years ago I would have been happy with how many were there tonight but not anymore.

Yes, and they both looked really bad live. Just got back from the game. He also didn't look entirely comfortable with the ball in his hands when he was in. Hopefully he is able to gain confidence soon or I fear that he might be the odd man out the rest of his career and an end of the bench guy. Evans, Jett and McCall are here the next 2 years with him, and we have ET coming in after a redshirt year along with Carter and Drew as true freshmen next season. He really needs to prove he deserves minutes. RM was high on him when he came here, but haven't seen much from him in practices, exhibitions or real games.

I concur on JB - very little about him last night or so far as excited me. I know RM feels bad about not being able to work with the kid last year as a red shirt but having to always use him as a scout team player and not helping him grow but you would think if the kid is such a hard worker - I don't doubt what they say - he would have improved/picked up something last year being at all the practices/ videos sessions/planning meetings. He may still blossom but I agree that he has not come close to living up to his billing. At this point I have decide to stop beating up on him because it is not his fault that he transferred here - he took his chance that was offered and if he works hard you can not ask any more of him.

Could you guys hear the fans yelling "shoot it!" at #23 every time he touched the ball? It was pretty hilarious. The band even chanted, "Hey, hey Voelkl. We wanna know, can you score at home?"

Never seen anything like that. He had the ball on the wing a foot outside the three point line several times and Evans' heels were in the paint. Didn't even budge. No one was within 10 feet of him on either of those clanked shots. The guy even looked horribly awkward when he dribbled.

My guess is that everything he does for them is at the other end. Clearly the strongest guy on the team, leading rebounder, looked like a decent defender. Still, I'd think after years of playing basketball and reaching D-I he wouldn't look like that much of an embarrassment in every way offensively.

Maple Syrup is over-rated I stick with Kayro Syrup

Don't they still drug test in the military? I knew ###### had gotten more relaxed since I left but allowing crack use, seriously.

Once you get past 50 the choice between a huge stack of pancakes with real maple syrup and sex isn't as clear as it once was