scorecenter recap

BilliKat

I thought last night was a great game. Couldn't believe that Jett rebounded over a 7 footer. I loved seeing Grandy come out, I think he'll be a force in the future. My jury is still out on Barnett... I wanted him to come out like fire and have yet to see it... : /.. I have missed a couple games though and have never gotten the chance to see them outside of games...so be it.

It was all the better when my scorecenter notes came up and I read that Pilots coach Eric Reveno compared us to Kentucky, who they've also played, and said that were better... How great is that?!

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=313370139

"Ellis, Saint Louis' sixth man, didn't play a minute due to defensive concerns in the school's loss at Loyola Marymount."

Where did they get that? Ellis was our leading scorer in the LMU game.

I seem to remember he didn't play AT Portland last year. Maybe they got that confused.

Nice to be compared to Kentucky though.

I wondered the same thing... but I guess there may be a lot of confusion for people who havent given us a look in a while....

Yeah, It made my night. :)

I think Reveno was comparing the way we play compared to Kentucky as in the offensive scheme we run, and the discipline with which we run it. It's a beautiful thing when it's run right and it's the way halfcourt basketball should be played. There's no way he could've been comparing athletes as Kentucky has better athletes in the frontcourt than we do by a wide stretch.

Our frontcourt guys are playing fundamentally sound ball and we're benefitting greatly from Conklin and Ellis's vast improvement over last year.

Im taking it for the simple words they were... because its more fun that way... were better than Kentucky.Reveno said so. :)

I dont remember where I heard it but someone was making a comparison between our boys in comparison to those on the top ten teams. The point was, though they may in many ways be better athletes, our strong suit is the brains behind our play. All of our guys have a good head on their shoulders and that can come through often in competition. They know where to be and how to work against opponents strengths. Having a good mix of brains and athleticism makes a dominant force.

... or... Im an optimist.

Ive said it before... I cant rip on cubs fans when Im a bills fan. :)

Every year..." This is our year!' ... then Scandal! ...but ...This is our year!!!! :)

I am just sayin......

The Portland coach may not be that far off comparing us to Kentucky.

I ran the numbers and it shows Ky by 3 over the Bills at the Chaifetz.

And if Ellis sinks a 3 at the buzzer....BANG....Bills win in overtime....LOL