GDT - Portland

Iggy

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not get too down on KM. He'll be there when we need him. Remember when he had his great soph year, the offense was pretty much him and CE. RM will get him squared away. Good W. 7-1 and just get to NM at 12-1.

I was just surprised by his play tonight. I have come to expect great play each night from him because we have seen much better...oh well, one bad night i guess--at least it was against Portland.

Student section was terrific tonight, an overflow; later arrivals were moved to upper deck behind the band. Attendance was just over 7000. Why aren't the primo navy blue seats being filled ? This ticks me off.

It was good to meet 05 tonite; that young man is the king of the student section and I predict he will go far in life, maybe a Senator.

Student section was terrific tonight, an overflow; later arrivals were moved to upper deck behind the band. Attendance was just over 7000. Why aren't the primo navy blue seats being filled ? This ticks me off.

It was good to meet 05 tonite; that young man is the king of the student section and I predict he will go far in life, maybe a Senator.

Good to meet you too Jim! I guess I should have mentioned I despise politics :lol:

Why aren't the primo navy blue seats being filled ? This ticks me off.

Agree 100%. Where in the hell are these losers? I know how our fans are and that stupid LMU game probably kept some away, but that is a really piss poor excuse. This team is fun to watch and the whole atmosphere is fantastic. I just wish that these no shows would at least give these tickets to SOMEONE so that the seats are full!!!!

Agree 100%. Where in the hell are these losers? I know how our fans are and that stupid LMU game probably kept some away, but that is a really piss poor excuse. This team is fun to watch and the whole atmosphere is fantastic. I just wish that these no shows would at least give these tickets to SOMEONE so that the seats are full!!!!

I think a lot of them are company seats. Also I was told there was a bad accident on 40 and traffic was real bad so that may have accounted for the empty seats

I think a lot of them are company seats. Also I was told there was a bad accident on 40 so that may have accounted for the early attendence.

Good point, still, they need to give them to someone rather than have them empty.

Are those seats even sold? If so, I agree. If not, it would be nice to find a way to sell some of those seats. Overall, I thought the fans were pretty good tonight. I know we were a little late due to an accident on 40.

Glad to see the team get back to their winning ways. Thought the students were great. Need to work on some of the timing on the FT distractions, but the effort was there. Oh yeah, I did see the one "plant" in the student section holding a sign that could derail our season. "Kiss me #3"??? Someone needs to keep her away :D

Back from the game. Surprisingly tougher than I had expected but a 20 point win. Student section was GREAT! I too was disappointed with the crowd but I thought there were more folks here tonight than the Washington game with a similar announced attendance. I'm fairly sure there were more in the upper bowl, so I guess there were less downstairs. Need to do something about that.

REALLY enjoyed the PA guy tonight. Wish the other PA "Guy" would retire.

Back from the game. Surprisingly tougher than I had expected but a 20 point win. Student section was GREAT! I too was disappointed with the crowd but I thought there were more folks here tonight than the Washington game with a similar announced attendance. I'm fairly sure there were more in the upper bowl, so I guess there were less downstairs. Need to do something about that.

REALLY enjoyed the PA guy tonight. Wish the other PA "Guy" would retire.

Yes ! The PA guy tonite was excellent; no corrections, straightforward and clear. A treat.

Anyone who is worried about KM shouldn't be. In my opinion, he probably could have stuffed his stat sheet tonight if he wanted to. This is a game that was never really in doubt after the 10 minute mark of the 1st half. While KM had some careless TOs in the 2nd half and didn't hit his shots, the main thing I noticed was just how much faster and more talented he was than anyone on Portland's team. He blew by his defender numerous times, and had no real problems getting shots off if he desired. He also was able to find other Bills for open shots. The fastball pass he threw to BC for an easy layup was a thing of beauty and not what you see from any PG.

Don't worry about KM. Without him, we are not in the position we are now (which is 7-1 and ranked.) If you are concerned with him only scoring 4 points on 2-8 shooting and having 4 TOs tonight in a walkover win against Portland, then you are just being a little too reactionary and probably need to calm down a bit.

The biggest reason the primo seats aren't filled is that a PSL (personal seat license) is required. So in addition to the fact that the seats are relatively expensive, a fee of approx $450 per seat is required as a donation to SLU Athletics as part of the season ticket package.. While it is tax deductible, it is a a high price to pay. As I recall, it nearly doubles the cost of the seat.

As Mr. Bonwich mentioned in another thread, they should move fans down to those seats in some orderly way before the game -- if for no reason other than the way it appears on TV broadcast.

Good win! Next up: Green Mountain Boys on FSM. Can't wait.

Precious few seats up for grabs on StubHub either. Maybe our PSL holders haven't caught on yet that the ticket price goes down if you sell the tickets you are not using, or maybe some other factor I am unaware of is at work.

The biggest reason the primo seats aren't filled is that a PSL (personal seat license) is required. So in addition to the fact that the seats are relatively expensive, a fee of approx $450 per seat is required as a donation to SLU Athletics as part of the season ticket package.. While it is tax deductible, it is a a high price to pay. As I recall, it nearly doubles the cost of the seat.

As Mr. Bonwich mentioned in another thread, they should move fans down to those seats in some orderly way before the game -- if for no reason other than the way it appears on TV broadcast.

I think most, if not all of the $850 seats are sold. The problem is with the $2,950 seats in the first six or so rows of the padded seats sections in the center. Many of these are corporate seats so they are paid for but may not have butts in the seats. These, and the floor seats ($3,950 per seat) were obviously overpriced when the scheme was established. The prices were not reduced because of the people who were willing to pay that premium and the hope that we would win big and be able to sell those seats. We may soon find out. I hope we win big and sell every seat.

I think most, if not all of the $850 seats are sold. The problem is with the $2,950 seats in the first six or so rows of the padded seats sections in the center. Many of these are corporate seats so they are paid for but may not have butts in the seats. These, and the floor seats ($3,950 per seat) were obviously overpriced when the scheme was established. The prices were not reduced because of the people who were willing to pay that premium and the hope that we would win big and be able to sell those seats. We may soon find out. I hope we win big and sell every seat.

About 50% of the the Blue seats are available for purchase.

When I was there, field hockey played out near Fenton. I covered some practices and games as a trainer--a lot of broken noses!

Took one of those to the knee in high school... but that was an awesoem game. :)

Game over 73-53. Hey, KY only beat by 20 and they're numero uno.

Started a new post about the score center recap where their coach says he thinks were better than Kentucky. :)

Are those seats even sold? If so, I agree. If not, it would be nice to find a way to sell some of those seats. Overall, I thought the fans were pretty good tonight. I know we were a little late due to an accident on 40.

Glad to see the team get back to their winning ways. Thought the students were great. Need to work on some of the timing on the FT distractions, but the effort was there. Oh yeah, I did see the one "plant" in the student section holding a sign that could derail our season. "Kiss me #3"??? Someone needs to keep her away :D

Hahaha! Saw that too. How obnoxious.

I think attendance was just over 7k. But I was in the nice blue seats (they're my dads)...and it seemed that a lot of people werent in attendance because of Christmas parties, at least I know that was the reason for at least my pop and about 10 of his friends. Also the rain couldve been a factor. and the afore mentioned highway 40 accident.