Disturbing story - father biondi

3Bill

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, Biondi should quit one day before working the same number of days as Reinert, as if that means anything. Completely assinine.

Well, I guess that's your theory. Love that you speak for the group here. God bless you.

You can take all of the pro and anti-Biondi sentiment out of the equation. This decision by Biondi stands by itself as a stupid one. Not only was the true Billiken legend not properly honored, but Biondi pissed of a group of alumni that proved they could raise some jack for the basketball program.

while i get disappointed with some of the biondi work affecting/retarding the growth of the athletic department and in particular the basketball billikens, as a 1982 grad of Saint Louis University, I remember the badly failing physical condition and the lesser academic opportunity that Saint Louis University was prior to Father Biondi. it is hard for me to criticize him when i still can remember that.

Same with Cook. Davis-Shaughnessy Hall was embarrassing back in my day. Now it is pretty much the crown jewel building on campus and hosts many of the recruiting receptions besides centering the business school. those kind of contributions are priceless.

so while i get frustrated when things dont go well athletically, the bigger picture for those of us that still are more about ALL things Saint Louis University say that the good father and his favorite benefactors are the real reason our alma mater is wonderful and still getting better every day.

Fr. B's been good for SLU and the city as well from what I gather. I went to Davis Shaughnessy and while it was old it had character. But most important were the professors. They were good and there weren't many cheap grades.

On another note about Easy Ed, I thought we were going to put some sort of badge on the unis. Either a black band or a black circle with his number. Didn't notice that on TV.

Fr. B's been good for SLU and the city as well from what I gather. I went to Davis Shaughnessy and while it was old it had character. But most important were the professors. They were good and there weren't many cheap grades.

On another note about Easy Ed, I thought we were going to put some sort of badge on the unis. Either a black band or a black circle with his number. Didn't notice that on TV.

We also don't sport the American flag on the unis to pay tribute to our men and women in Uniform. Very sad. I guess we don't have a team seamstress. Also, a new chaplain is in order.

We also don't sport the American flag on the unis to pay tribute to our men and women in Uniform. Very sad. I guess we don't have a team seamstress. Also, a new chaplain is in order.

You don't speak for all fans. Our chaplain is fine.

You don't speak for all fans. Our chaplain is fine.

Is he? Good to know you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, otherwise I would have never believed in your reaffirming assessment. Whew, what a load off.

Is this the thread where you plan on losing your grip? I've been generally impressed with your behavior considering all the rumblings (including your own admissions) about what a dick you were on here in the past. Why doesn't Box get to make suggestions about the operations of our University, but you do?

Is this the thread where you plan on losing your grip? I've been generally impressed with your behavior considering all the rumblings (including your own admissions) about what a dick you were on here in the past. Why doesn't Box get to make suggestions about the operations of our University, but you do?

If only he were making suggestions. However, Box is just instigating. So he just shuts down my opinion by calling it "asinine" and I'm supposed to be subordinate and go with it? No. That's not how it works.

If only he were making suggestions. However, Box is just instigating. So he just shuts down my opinion by calling it "asinine" and I'm supposed to be subordinate and go with it? No. That's not how it works.

Saying they need a new team chaplin isn't instigating? Who does that on a basketball board?

I am sure it is the hot topic on all the other Jesuit school basketball boards.

You were indignant from the start by saying "You don't speak for all alumni." Box never claimed to; it was clearly just his opinion. No one is asking you to "go with" anything, but no one wants to hear your attitude as soon as someone disagrees with you. If the words irrelevant and asinine hurt your feelings, maybe you need to take your ball and go home, Bobby.

I think the idea of Biondi retiring solely because he's nearing Reinart's tenure is ridiculous too. If Biondi is the best person available to lead our Univeristy, he should continue to do so, and if he isn't, then he shouldn't. That's pretty simple.

You were indignant from the start by saying "You don't speak for all alumni." Box never claimed to; it was clearly just his opinion. No one is asking you to "go with" anything, but no one wants to hear your attitude as soon as someone disagrees with you. If the words irrelevant and asinine hurt your feelings, maybe you need to take your ball and go home, Bobby.

I think the idea of Biondi retiring solely because he's nearing Reinart's tenure is ridiculous too. If Biondi is the best person available to lead our Univeristy, he should continue to do so, and if he isn't, then he shouldn't. That's pretty simple.

It's an opinion, which we are all entitled to. All Box wanted to do is pick a fight. Maybe my opinion doesn't have any merit in your mind, but you can't go slamming people calling their opinions "asinine" without someone producing a counter. That's just not going to happen.

Do you know Fr Grollmes, SJ? He's a good guy.

I met him when he was 90. I agree, nice guy. However, most of our Catholic university colleagues have younger chaplains on the bench. Some of them actually are their shagging loose balls during shoot-arounds before games, which is pretty neat to see. That's all I was driving at. Some youthful exuberance. Also, this is just an opinion.

It's an opinion, which we are all entitled to. All Box wanted to do is pick a fight. Maybe my opinion doesn't have any merit in your mind, but you can't go slamming people calling their opinions "asinine" without someone producing a counter. That's just not going to happen.

What was your counter, Bobby? You didn't counter. You pretended like he was trying to speak from a higher authority than he was, because it's the only wiseass thing you could come up with at the moment.

Maybe your counter should be explaining why you think it's important for Biondi to be President for a shorter time than Reinart. That's a counter.

What was your counter, Bobby? You didn't counter. You pretended like he was trying to speak from a higher authority than he was, because it's the only wiseass thing you could come up with at the moment.

Maybe your counter should be explaining why you think it's important for Biondi to be President for a shorter time than Reinart. That's a counter.

I did. I explained that Reinert was SLU's president for 25 years before stepping down to become an emeritus chancellor and that paved the way for Biondi. 25 years is a long time to run anything, especially a University. SLU's "Modern Era," if you will, took flight under Father Reinert. It would be apropos for Fr. Biondi to pay tribute to the man by essentially doing the same thing - staying on in an advisory role as chancellor emeritus, but to allow for a new era to begin.

Sorry for not explaining that more, but for that opinion to be considered "asinine" makes me really feel wonderful to be associated with any of you.

Don't know him and I don't care who the team chaplin is.

I, also, don't care if the team chaplin can shag balls or not. Don't understand why anyone would.

It's pretty cool to see Fr. Hightower at Gonzaga lead The Kennel in pre-game prayer and also be a part of the team. As a "Jesuit" university, SLU could do a lot more. Also, this is just an opinion.