Disturbing story - father biondi

3Bill

Kim tucci was just on 590. Just told a story about how friends and family raised $150k to build a statue of Ed macauley outside chaifetz. Tucci brought the proposal to biondi and he wanted to use the money on the arena instead. Tucci tells family and friends who tell tucc pass on message that father biondi can take a flying leap. Macauley supporters not happy.

I realize it won't happen until he dies but father biondi needs to go if this program truly is going to succeed. He's fricking clueless. I guess the majerus stories about planes and practice hoops really are true.

Who turns down a $150k donation?

May explain why Nolan berry felt no need to follow grandpas footsteps.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kim tucci was just on 590. Just told a story about how friends and family raised $150k to build a statue of Ed macauley outside chaifetz. Tucci brought the proposal to biondi and he wanted to use the money on the arena instead. Tucci tells family and friends who tell tucc pass on message that father biondi can take a flying leap. Macauley supporters not happy.

I realize it won't happen until he dies but father biondi needs to go if this program truly is going to succeed. He's fricking clueless. I guess the majerus stories about planes and practice hoops really are true.

Who turns down a $150k donation?

May explain why Nolan berry felt no need to follow grandpas footsteps.

i'm going to not post my intended fr. biondi death wish. though i probably don't need my SLU degree anymore. that dude is a

CHOTCHROCKET.

Is Tucci already rehashing stories? He was just on 590 a couple of weeks ago saying the exact same thing. It is fine to relay the story once, but when you start repeating it on the same show, it means you are beating it into the ground and it loses its impact.

Is Tucci already rehashing stories? He was just on 590 a couple of weeks ago saying the exact same thing. It is fine to relay the story once, but when you start repeating it on the same show, it means you are beating it into the ground and it loses its impact.

He was asked to tell the story.

The problem is they don't know how to get this done. You tell Biondi the statue is going to be of him. Instant approval. You give the sculpter a picture of easy ed and tell him to go at it. Bring it in covered up. After its unveiled, Biondi can't tear it down and you have your statue. Simple.

I have nothing bad to say about Father Biondi when I was a student he helped me out.

There I was a broke college student on ROTC Scholarship. SLU matched my scholarship with room and board in order to entice this promising leader. Well one year I decided to live at the Sigma Chi House, the most amazing Fraternity House at SLU. The school decided to not provide me with board. I went to the Financial Aid Department to figure it out. I was told that I couldn't get board because I didn't have a room. I showed them the fine print of the scholarship and explained I was actually saving the school money. The head of the financial aid department overheard this and literally yelled at me. At one point he said, "We aren't in the business of feeding students!" I left furious and hungry. On the way out I run into Father Biondi as he is mounting his golf cart. I explain my situation. He hears me out and sets up a meeting with me and Father Stark. Father Stark gets me a room in Demathias Hall and gets the meal plan started.

Little did they know I only used the room for hooking up with durty ADPis that I would avoid being seen in public with.

So I'm like a future Dr. Chaifetz waiting to happen and it is all thanks to Father Lawrence Biondi.

Oh and also Biondi has transformed the Campus, got the arena built and some other nice stuff. Plus he usually has a sweet tan and I hear can make a mean vodka sauce.

I like your posts a lot, A_Bomb. I feel the same way. SLU took a chance with me and it's the best thing that could have happened in my life. The connections I've made, the great friends and classmates and fraternity brothers -- I am extremely grateful to Fr. Biondi. What an impact he has made on our lives.

This is one of many Father Biondi stories that reveal his true colors, his arrogance and lack of support for the athletic department.

The message from him is, I am LARGE and in CHARGE. I rule.

Other Billiken boosters and supporters have been handcuffed by Biondi's confounding approach to these sort of things, similar stories like this are out there with all sorts of situations, but with the same attitude. Usually there are no positive results, just frustration. Why?

We would have an entire garden of athletic statues if Porter was still here. Rumor has it that Biondi would do anything Porter suggested and Porter had raised somewhere in the neighborhood of $12 million for statues. Unfortunately he took the head coaching job at Loyola Chicago before they were built and the money was returned to donors.

I'm with you Metz. Just think how you would've turned out without SLU in your life. How 'bout drinks FRI? Can you get away early? It will have to be quick.

Biondi ain't all bad, just like MB ain't all bad.

I like your posts a lot, A_Bomb. I feel the same way. SLU took a chance with me and it's the best thing that could have happened in my life. The connections I've made, the great friends and classmates and fraternity brothers -- I am extremely grateful to Fr. Biondi. What an impact he has made on our lives.

I'm with you Metz. Just think how you would've turned out without SLU in your life. How 'bout drinks FRI? Can you get away early? It will have to be quick.

Biondi ain't all bad, just like MB ain't all bad.

I'll actually be up in Grapevine on Friday doing some Christmas shopping for our Angels program with Holy Trinity Catholic Church, so I'm in. Shoot me an email - [email protected] looking forward to meeting you, sir.

Jeez, you would have thought a guy who loves statues of Dolphins would have been all over a statue of the greatest Billiken player and supporter of all time. Contact the Cooks they can get 'er done.

If it were a statue of Easy Ed shirtless or completely nude, I'm pretty sure Biondi would give it the green light.

One has to think that Fr. Biondi regrets his decision following the passing of Easy Ed. I am not sure SLU did a great job in promoting exactly how significant Ed was to basketball back in the late 40s and 50s while he was alive. I've learned more about the man in the last month than I ever knew in the last decade of being a SLU fan.

It is never too late to erect a statue on campus. Let Fr. Biondi know hear it.

Patrick

Hearing those stories about how Biondi helped you out is nice and I'm glad he did. Aside from some of those stories he is a clown and the statue story is just another example of that. MB is totally correct; the guy is all about having power.

P.S. ###### John cook. (I had to throw that in my rant)

Hearing those stories about how Biondi helped you out is nice and I'm glad he did. Aside from some of those stories he is a clown and the statue story is just another example of that. MB is totally correct; the guy is all about having power.

P.S. ###### John cook. (I had to throw that in my rant)

I have to wholeheartedly disagree with you. Will I change my tune if he runs the school for a 26th year (longer than Fr. Reinert)? Yeah, probably. Then we will know that he doesn't give two shits about Reinert's legacy. 25 years is how long Reinert was at SLU before stepping down to become an emeritus chancellor, giving way to Biondi. 25 is the benchmark and Biondi is rapidly approaching that number. With that being said, he has done more for our alma mater in becoming the nationally recognized and distinguished University that she is today than we ever could have imagined when he arrived from Loyola.

I have to wholeheartedly disagree with you. Will I change my tune if he runs the school for a 26th year (longer than Fr. Reinert)? Yeah, probably. Then we will know that he doesn't give two shits about Reinert's legacy. 25 years is how long Reinert was at SLU before stepping down to become an emeritus chancellor, giving way to Biondi. 25 is the benchmark and Biondi is rapidly approaching that number. With that being said, he has done more for our alma mater in becoming the nationally recognized and distinguished University that she is today than we ever could have imagined when he arrived from Loyola.

The number of years Biondi works in comparison to Reinert is irrelevant. Personally, I would like to see some new leadership at the university, but it has nothing to do with Biondi eclipsing some sort of tenure record.

I think the bad with him is rapidly approaching the good he has done. You either die the hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

The number of years Biondi works in comparison to Reinert is irrelevant. Personally, I would like to see some new leadership at the university, but it has nothing to do with Biondi eclipsing some sort of tenure record.

To you maybe. You don't speak for all alumni.

while i get disappointed with some of the biondi work affecting/retarding the growth of the athletic department and in particular the basketball billikens, as a 1982 grad of Saint Louis University, I remember the badly failing physical condition and the lesser academic opportunity that Saint Louis University was prior to Father Biondi. it is hard for me to criticize him when i still can remember that.

Same with Cook. Davis-Shaughnessy Hall was embarrassing back in my day. Now it is pretty much the crown jewel building on campus and hosts many of the recruiting receptions besides centering the business school. those kind of contributions are priceless.

so while i get frustrated when things dont go well athletically, the bigger picture for those of us that still are more about ALL things Saint Louis University say that the good father and his favorite benefactors are the real reason our alma mater is wonderful and still getting better every day.

while i get disappointed with some of the biondi work affecting/retarding the growth of the athletic department and in particular the basketball billikens, as a 1982 grad of Saint Louis University, I remember the badly failing physical condition and the lesser academic opportunity that Saint Louis University was prior to Father Biondi. it is hard for me to criticize him when i still can remember that.

Same with Cook. Davis-Shaughnessy Hall was embarrassing back in my day. Now it is pretty much the crown jewel building on campus and hosts many of the recruiting receptions besides centering the business school. those kind of contributions are priceless.

so while i get frustrated when things dont go well athletically, the bigger picture for those of us that still are more about ALL things Saint Louis University say that the good father and his favorite benefactors are the real reason our alma mater is wonderful and still getting better every day.

Great post, Roy! Big picture is what it's all about.