Bills by 18 over Portland

The Wiz

Looks like we will take out our frustration out on Portland.

And yes...the Loyola game was a fluke ...at least at this point. Looks to me like we were tired....long road trip, early big lead that fades away, shooting was off by everyone, a lot of turnovers and sloppy play. The crispness that we showed in the tourny was missing from the Loyola game. The spreads are based on the means...we had a bad game coupled with them having a great game. Therefore it looks like a fluke. If we were to play them again (after a rest) I would still pick the Bills by 9.

Here is hoping we revert to the mean against Portland.

Glad Sikma is no longer on the Portland squad. We've got to be more competitive on the glass. Loe needs to step it up and stop thinking of himself as solely a perimeter player. Toughen up Rob, the team needs you.

I've always read it's better to lose early in the week than late in the week for the rankings. I think losing to a talented LMU squad on their court, being the second Top 25 team they've taken down, in our 4th game in 6 days, coupled with a big win at home against Portland this weekend should help. We might not hang on to #25 on ESPN/USA Today, but we might still hang around in the AP poll next week.

If we do beat portland by double digits and LMU doesn't lose a game to the long john silvers in the mean time, is it a sure thing we won't be ranked next week? We lost by seven to a pretty decent team on the road......stuff happens......

Since we lost, Sam Khan will probably have us in his top 25.

LMU has two cupcakes and one "cupcake for cupcakes" in their so-called tournament this weekend. They'll win all three games handily. Still, I don't think they have enough cache with the voters to take them seriously. If we spank Portland, the only way I see we maintain a ranking is if most of those who left us off last week put us at 24 or 25.

If we do beat portland by double digits and LMU doesn't lose a game to the long john silvers in the mean time, is it a sure thing we won't be ranked next week? We lost by seven to a pretty decent team on the road......stuff happens......

I think now we are ranked about 30. With a convincing win (double digits) over Portland, it moves us up a few notches. I think it will take a second conviincing win (double digits) over Vermont to get back to the Top 25. Unfortunately, voters are less forgiving to the new kid on the block (SLU) than they are to Duke or North Carolina.

Im as pissed as anyone from the last game, but lets be honest about the game (1. playing a sh.it load of games in one week, you could tell we were tired. 2. This game meant all the world for LMU) It was one of those games I don't care if we were playing duke, LMU or SIU edwardsville, I didn't feel comfortable going into the game.

I would rather have a early loss, also keep in mind after facing vill OU and BC this was are first close game. Face it, we were not a squad to go with a perfect record, so I would have like to get this loss over with early before conference starts, where a loss MEANS something. This was not a loss to a pathetic wanna be team, it was a quality team with some good games against good teams. Dont hang your head, we need to stand behind them and act like it never happened.

Bounce back game, which will bring many smiles to this forum. Slu 77- UP 49

Im as pissed as anyone from the last game, but lets be honest about the game (1. playing a sh.it load of games a week, you could tell we were tired. 2. This game meant all the world for LMU) It was one of those games I don't care if we were playing duke, LMU or SIU edwardsville, I didn't feel comfortable going into the game.

I would rather have a early lose, also keep in mind after facing vill OU and BC this was are first close game. Face it, we were not a squad to go with a perfect record, so I would have like to get this lose over with early before conference starts, where a lose MEANS something. This was not a lose to a pathetic wanna be team, it was a quality team with some good games against good teams. Dont hang your head, we need to stand behind them and act like it never happened.

Bounce back game, which will bring many smiles to this forum. Slu 77- UP 49

i agree wholeheartedly. move on, kick some ass. however...

(lose = loss) + bring many smiles to this forum = Posted Image

where you from, broski?

i agree wholeheartedly. move on, kick some ass. however...

(lose = loss) + bring many smiles to this forum = Posted Image

where you from, broski?

RIDICULOUS!

Haha

LMU better pull it out or we'll look like roadkill. However, I had the good fortune to be at all 4 games this past weekend +, and the Bills are the real deal, they just were out of gas on Tuesday. And what started out looking like a crowd of 50 swelled as the game went on, and once we let them come back near the end of the first half the crowd lit up, and made quite a different atmosphere than what we had in Anaheim.

Also, I don't know exactly which players have graduated from Portland's squad since last year, but I was there for that game as well and it was painful. I will be happy with a W over Portland. No need to get greedy calling for a 20 point win. Although some obnoxious detractors at the Portland game for when they get free throws would be appreciated after experiencing Portland's noisome Telly Tubbies last year.

Where was the LMU team we played? Did we get the special one time amped up version of the Lions? argh.

On the positive side Oklahoma won and Washington's winning.

Columbia? WTF? I'm guessing LMU just ran out of luck. They made a number of circus shots against us w/ little time on the clock. But Columbia? That I don't get.