Unbelievably stupid--bad playing by a supposed good team!

Billikan

NH, Billikan is right. This upcoming schedule is just soft. This team can't get ranked again without a conference miracle (win AT Xavier) We aren't BCS, our SOS is going to be relatively weak compared to the legions of "power six" that artificially boost the RPI of the entire conference. I have no idea why this game was ever played. This was small-time scheduling.

EDIT: jbizzle, it's not about being good or bad, this team has the potential to be and has been shockingly good, we are top 25 material, but we won't get that number, which will mean lacklustre reporting(again) and we lose that all important national spotlight, which is so crucial when recruiting and showing your resume to the tournament selection committee. I don't want to go to the flipping NIT again. I have been following this team for over 20 years(the entire extent of my life) and after last year I wanted to gouge my eyes out. I want to dance, damnit, and I want to dance as an upper-seed team.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that makes absolutely no sense

Uh huh. And I bet you were one of the screaming moron throngs calling for La Russa's resignation roughly about Sept. 2.

This was one game. One game in a four games in six (not seven, as I said) game Bataan death march 2,000 miles from home. With homer refs. Get over it.

I will be at the Portland game just like I always am and will cheer my guts out for our team and out players. But I really thought that if we won this game tonight we had a chance for a real special season because the schedule sets up so well over the next month. The the team that I saw in the exhibitions showed up tonight. Sloppy bad basketball, lazy defense and no hustle for loose balls. Bad shot selection and our leaders in KM and KC played terrible defense against anyone who they guarded. Sure we will win some games and I am always an optimist but this loss really burst my bubble in terms of having a special season. I sure hope I am wrong--By the way, did you hear their coach say on the pregame interview that with a break or two the Bills could go to the Final Four!

And it won't be a 'real special season' if we win the next four, five or six? I'm ashamed of you, Billikan! One bad game and you're giving up on the 'special season.' Clue: 6-1 to this point is still a 'special season.' All of you bandwagon jumpers, feel free to jump off and prove yourself typical St. Louis (not University, just area in general) fans.

NH, Billikan is right. This upcoming schedule is just soft. This team can't get ranked again without a conference miracle (win AT Xavier) We aren't BCS, our SOS is going to be relatively weak compared to the legions of "power six" that artificially boost the RPI of the entire conference. I have no idea why this game was ever played. This was small-time scheduling.

We win at The Pit and we will be ranked

None of those losses came when we were ranked. None of them came when we had tremendous buzz for the program nationally. There is no way we will be ranked again because our SOS goes down big time by the end of the year. If we win all our games and beat Xavier then we will get back to consideration but I very much doubt that will happen. I should not even post at all because I am so disappointed in this team. I really thought we had more toughness and moxie. LMU was playing without two of its best players!

Oh, relax and go to bed. You'll feel better in the morning. This loss does not keep the Bills out of the NCAA Tournament.

Don't worry, there's still a very high probability that it will be a special season. Yes, even great teams sometimes lose games like this.

That's very true: look at Butler and VCU for evidence.

Exactly...Butler lost to Evansville early last season...I'm sure they were about ready to jump off a ledge when that happened...

I'm ###### pissed though- this one stings...

We've got to find a way to rebound better. Was really hoping that Rob would be more of a force on the glass, and am surprised Dwayne isn't pulling down more boards. It'd be helpful if Cory would give us more there as well but I'm not sure he has it in him.

I do not question the schedule. This is a good team to play home and home to get us a tough but winnable game on the road. Road wins are huge. The plan was perfect and if we had won it would be excellent in all respects. Maybe I was fooled by how much we dominated good teams in earlier games. I will say that LMU made more "hero" shots in this game than I have ever seen against our defense. But I really though our defense could stop a team like this. UGH!

We win at The Pit and we will be ranked

I sure hope so. I'll be at that game, we won last year when I attended and we were god-awful(high point of the season, i actually really enjoyed that night.) Hopefully I can bring some more good vibes. That win @UD would be huge. I'm still afraid they don't have the clout to give us a ranking. X is the titan that must be brought low, as usual.

Seriously, Bonwich, you're better than that. Duke lost to OHIO STATE. If the Bills lost to Duke this wouldn't matter at all. You know this stuff.

I sure hope so. I'll be at that game, we won last year when I attended and we were god-awful(high point of the season, i actually really enjoyed that night.) Hopefully I can bring some more good vibes. That win @UD would be huge. I'm still afraid they don't have the clout to give us a ranking. X is the titan that must be brought low, as usual.

Seriously, Bonwich, you're better than that. Duke lost to OHIO STATE. If the Bills lost to Duke this wouldn't matter at all. You know this stuff.

If we win at NM we will be 14-1 with some very good wins. We will be ranked

Duke lost to Ohio State by more than 20 points. And I wouldn't have brought it up but for all these bandwagon-jumping mofos who are now bandwagon-jumping-off mofos.

People always bandwagon. It happens with every team. Just ignore them, you can't make them go away, only losing can make them go away, so be glad when they're there, and ignore it when they're gone. I just want SLU back on the basketball map.

Duke lost to Ohio State by more than 20 points. And I wouldn't have brought it up but for all these bandwagon-jumping mofos who are now bandwagon-jumping-off mofos.

I am no bandwagon guy! Just a diehard fan that died a thousand deaths tonight!

The fact is that the next game, at Home against Portland is huge! We owe them payback big time for the thrashing they gave us last year! And they just lost to Kentucky, the No 1 team by about 10 points so they still have a good team. Our team needs to get back and regroup and play like we did over the first 6 games. Go Bills!

For me, it's not losing a game that is upsetting. I get that we are 6-1 and that is great. What is upsetting is that this loss was much more than just losing a game - it is losing all the local momentum and publicity. It is losing the national recognition. This is the difference between going out for a run and tripping in front of a few people walking down the street and racing in a packed half marathon and tripping as you approach the finish line in front of a thousand spectators who were cheering for you to win. In either case, it is still a fall, but in the latter case it is so much worse.

We can still have a great season, but it may well be impossible to go back to where we were just three hours ago. Sigh...

I am no bandwagon guy! Just a diehard fan that died a thousand deaths tonight!

The fact is that the next game, at Home against Portland is huge! We owe them payback big time for the thrashing they gave us last year! And they just lost to Kentucky, the No 1 team by about 10 points so they still have a good team. Our team needs to get back and regroup and play like we did over the first 6 games. Go Bills!

Good Billikan. That's more like it. This season, like any other, is one game at a time. The first six, we exceeded anyone's expectations. The first seven, cumulatively, probably did so as well, but everyone's fixated on one bad (but not horribly bad) loss on the road at the end of a four-games-in-six-days 2,000-mile road trip. Screw that. We're 6-1 and coming home. Again, anyone who expected even that much, stand up and be counted, but prove it. Otherwise, show up at the freaking 'Fetz on Saturday and cheer for the still-fantastically-surprising Billikens.

Exactly. Calm down, people. Who among you thought we'd be 6-1 at this point? Really? And those that did, it's just not the 6-1 you expected. Four games in seven days? Seriously? Freaking Xavier -- hell, freaking Duke -- would have gone 3-1 in that stretch.

For all those folks who don't show up for the Portland game because of this, screw 'em. (Editor's note: I had a previously scheduled engagement in NYC. Eat at Per Se/Cancel trip to stay home for Billiken game. You make the call.) We're freaking 6-1. We're coming home. Support the kids and shut the F up!!!

-thank you bonwich, you nailed it here- - - - the world did not end

For me, it's not losing a game that is upsetting. I get that we are 6-1 and that is great. What is upsetting is that this loss was much more than just losing a game - it is losing all the local momentum and publicity. It is losing the national recognition. This is the difference between going out for a run and tripping in front of a few people walking down the street and racing in a packed half marathon and tripping as you approach the finish line in front of a thousand spectators who were cheering for you to win. In either case, it is still a fall, but in the latter case it is so much worse.

We can still have a great season, but it may well be impossible to go back to where we were just three hours ago. Sigh...

Et tu, AlumniFan? What a bunch of crap. We now have six home games in a row, all winnable. Which would make us 11-1/12-1, depending on your billikens.com Old Boys' credentials B). Again: No one expected us to be 6-1 at this point. (And perhaps kwyjibo can chime in here, but 6-1 with a loss to Oklahoma or an if-they-had-made-the-finals New Mexico would have been the same as 6-1 with a loss to Marymount.)

Go have a few drinks and sleep it off. And take to heart what RickMa and KC said in today's paper. They don't look at the rankings. They still practice just the same. And basically, nobody but those of us who know that we haven't been ranked in 13 years really give a good Gotdam whether we're ranked in December or January anyway.