SLU v. Loyola-Marymount GDT

SluSignGuy

Tough loss - the refs covered up their bad play and mistakes - but this isn't a bad dose of reality for the early season. We didn't defend well, poor passing, and getting out-hustled. Also, we didn't look sharp coming from behind - so let the team learn from these mistakes. It has been a great start to the season and we all needed a little dose of reality. Let's use the rest of the OOC schedule to get better, practice hard, and get ready for the A-10. From watching Xavier at Vandy, our guard play has to improve and we need Kwamain to shed the rust and get back to an elite level. We had a fun taste of being ranked. We will get there again this season - time to come home, get rested, and practice getting better.

But, I will not forget this loss and let's all be ready for LMU to show up at our place next year. Payback time.

Time to chill and welcome the boys back Saturday night.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough loss - the refs covered up their bad play and mistakes - but this isn't a bad dose of reality for the early season. We didn't defend well, poor passing, and getting out-hustled. Also, we didn't look sharp coming from behind - so let the team learn from these mistakes. It has been a great start to the season and we all needed a little dose of reality. Let's use the rest of the OOC schedule to get better, practice hard, and get ready for the A-10. From watching Xavier at Vandy, our guard play has to improve and we need Kwamain to shed the rust and get back to an elite level. We had a fun taste of being ranked. We will get there again this season - time to come home, get rested, and practice getting better.

But, I will not forget this loss and let's all be ready for LMU to show up at our place next year. Payback time.

Time to chill and welcome the boys back Saturday night.

Post of the NIght!!!

The better team frequently doesn't win.

This was really, REALLY bad scheduling. Elite teams don't schedule middling road games after a tournament, I guess we did this to save on travel costs or something.

Shameful.

We'll never truly be big-time unless we schedule smarter than this, we needed more off time after that tournament

This debacle falls on the athletic department.

Just really, really disappointing. I'm mad as hell.

I agree. This looked like a tough game when the schedule first came out, notwithstanding how we would do in the tournament.

Im not even concerned about the rankings.

What does upset me is that all the good local publicity and hype is out the window.

The casual fan just went from being excited to saying "same'ol Bills"

They were building intrest in the paper, on local sports radio, nationally, and among my buddies. Now that is all down the crapper

This is exactly why I am very upset. We FINALLY get some local momentum and in a matter of 40 minutes it is gone, simply gone. Is what it is, but it is gone. Depression...

This is exactly why I am very upset. We FINALLY get some local momentum and in a matter of 40 minutes it is gone, simply gone. Is what it is, but it is gone. Depression...

I agree to an extent. Still happy with the start and are still on track to have a great season. This team is good

Just so you guys no we weren't going to go undefeated and being ranked for a few weeks doesn't gaurantee a birth in the tourney. It's a damn long season and I have faith that it'll be a special one. Now I'm out for the night. It's bad enough that we lose, but even worse when people act like ###### Armageddon struck.

Just so you guys no we weren't going to go undefeated and being ranked for a few weeks doesn't gaurantee a birth in the tourney. It's a damn long season and I have faith that it'll be a special one. Now I'm out for the night. It's bad enough that we lose, but even worse when people act like ###### Armageddon struck.

True, but when you want to get an at-large bid, you can't piss away games that you should win. If you are Duke, sure. If you are SLU, no way.

+1

-disappointing for many reasons, as larry said the local buzz gets a bit doused with this

-our guards could not stop dribble penetration tonight, that was horrible

-they were missing their two best players

-allowing offensive rebounds like there is no tomorrow

-we went for so many pump fakes it was crazy

-reading this thread we sound like a bunch of beaches complaining about the refs

-they had at least 10 steals and we treated the ball like a hot rock too often

-they defended the pass to the post better than anyone we have seen, we better learn from this

-we hit one second half 3

-we blew a 12 point lead, not sure i would have ever thought that possible with Rick on the sideline

-but, this is november and all is not lost, not by a long way, we still control our own destiny, get some rest, sleep in their own bed (or someone else's that is not connected to a major booster), conquer finals, win the home december games, beat nm on new year's eve and the go kill the sweater vests to start a10 play