SLU v. Loyola-Marymount GDT

SluSignGuy

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The better team frequently doesn't win.

This was really, REALLY bad scheduling. Elite teams don't schedule middling road games after a tournament, I guess we did this to save on travel costs or something.

Shameful.

We'll never truly be big-time unless we schedule smarter than this, we needed more off time after that tournament

This debacle falls on the athletic department.

Just really, really disappointing. I'm mad as hell.

If we're going to lose due to chickenshit officiating and unbelievable circus shot bull**** shooting, better today than in March. I have togo vomit and then drink some more to kill the trobbing in my head. The refs and the announcers deserve to be skullfuoked by some John Holmes muther fuocker...........

Bad loss. A lot of things didn't go our way. But I am still on this bandwagon, and I will never leave it. People want to tell me last week was a fluke. The kids who jumped on the bandwagon when the ranking came out want to hop off already. Well I am riding this all year. I still believe. Heartbreak happens, but I am Billiken fan, win or loss. Lets get it. #hungry4more

Well they beat an overrated UCLA team and now an overrated SLU team. And who friigin scheduled this game. If you are going to play the West Coast league then schedule the top teams, St. Mary's, BYU or Gonzaga. At least losing to them on the road is not a black mark.

Well, say goodbye to that Top 25 ranking until the Bills beat Xavier (most likely). About the only way they can retain a ranking is to crush Portland by about 80 points — like 100-20 — on Saturday.

Im not even concerned about the rankings.

What does upset me is that all the good local publicity and hype is out the window.

The casual fan just went from being excited to saying "same'ol Bills"

They were building intrest in the paper, on local sports radio, nationally, and among my buddies. Now that is all down the crapper

Xavier goes to Nashville and takes down Vanderbilt in one of the toughest gyms in the country while we can't even beat Loyola f ing Marymount in front of 10 students and the players' relatives. But hey, at least we'll be on SportsCenter tonight.

I wanna break some shi te.

No crying. No excuses. We're still the team that laid some whup a** on the BCS'ers. Tough to win on the road especially after 3 straight games. Remember Carleton? Well we just got beat by Carleton, California. And they made some of the most crap shots I've seen in a long time. As for us, we did not take care of the ball like we have been. TO's beat us tonite. Was a little disappointed KM didn't take over the game w/ about 6 minutes left. Thought that would be the case.

AGREED. PB Who Are You? Fan of LMU and all announcers that suck?

I am a fan that realizes that we lost amd ###### like that happens. We were tired, they hit shots, they beat us off the dribble at will and we didnt rebound.

Get mad at the refs, who werent good, and some college announcer all you want but his line about breaking the glass and getting the fire extinguisher was classic and we are still a good just no longer in the top 25

Reminded me of the xavier game a couple years back at the fetz.

Here's hoping we learn from this, rest up, and beat the hell out of the remaining non conference schedule. We have an A10 trophy to win.

I remember that game. We played good d and they shot lights out while covered. Made me jealous as all hell

I am a fan that realizes that we lost amd ###### like that happens. We were tired, they hit shots, they beat us off the dribble at will and we didnt rebound.

Get mad at the refs, who werent good, and some college announcer all you want but his line about breaking the glass and getting the fire extinguisher was classic and we are still a good just no longer in the top 25

If you are going to post nonsense, at lease use proper grammar.

This was pretty much the perfect storm against us. 4th game in 6 days, so the team was likely tired. LMU was hitting some crazy shots. We weren't executing very well, probably due to being tired. Refs calling everything under the sun against us as well.

As Soderball posted, not smart scheduling by SLU. Not sure why you schedule a game 2 days after you play in a 3 game tournament.

Xavier goes to Nashville and takes down Vanderbilt in one of the toughest gyms in the country while we can't even beat Loyola f ing Marymount in front of 10 students and the players' relatives. But hey, at least we'll be on SportsCenter tonight.

I wanna break some shi te.

Haha...

That line did make me chuckle. Im not sure about a classic but I did get a kick out of it.

It reminded me of something I would of heard on old school NBA Jam.